I think a lot of people are taking the Dak friendly as “dumbed down”

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have basically outlined Dak's whole career. Look at every single one of this so called "signature wins" - there aren't really a whole lot and you will see this same pattern play out - catch a team that is on the downside or hit by the injury bug and of course the Dak over Cowboys crowd will scream that this is proof positive that this guy is a franchise QB.
I think thats why the are compelled....forced....to tout 2022 playoff bucs. There isnt many others.

Rock423

Reaction score
RPO days are behind Dak. Athleticism gone for the most part. Too bad bc that offense was one he could understand and make quick decisions. Dak needs a boss run game or at least the threat of it. Cue up the stat where Dallas runs for 100 yards and 4 is nearly undefeated. 160 million reasons why you could have drafted another guy who could win with a successful running game.
How many quarterbacks could win if their team averaged 100 yards rushing? A lot. Stop pocket watching and actually watch a game other than Dallas and tell me the successful quarterbacks without a run game. I’ll wait. Dak is going to prove a lot of you wrong this year, mark my words.

erod

Reaction score
How many quarterbacks could win if their team averaged 100 yards rushing? A lot. Stop pocket watching and actually watch a game other than Dallas and tell me the successful quarterbacks without a run game. I’ll wait. Dak is going to prove a lot of you wrong this year, mark my words.
It's year 9. He should have proved everybody wrong a long time ago.

morat1959

Reaction score
Have folks been marking your words for 7 years?

Rock423

Reaction score
Have folks been marking your words for 7 years?
Has Dak been in this system? No. But for 6 he’s been in an archaic system. Romo said it, Dez has said it. But keep believing what you want, this is America.

morat1959

Reaction score
Has Dak been in this system? No. But for 6 he’s been in an archaic system. Romo said it, Dez has said it. But keep believing what you want, this is America.
Dak can’t run any system. He has too many deficiencies in his skill set with processing being one he’ll never overcome. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken poop.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Oh noes! Not the dreaded "mark my words" trope! Those always age well.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It's year 9. He should have proved everybody wrong a long time ago.
When he craps the bed again this year the Dak or bust folks will be here to tell us that he needs something else to be better. If we just had a better defense, if we just had a better WR, TE, OL, RB, cheerleaders etc.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh oh, this'll be fun!!

Herbert: 89.6 rushing yds per game
Burrows: 95.5
Brady: 76.9
Cousins: 97.7

The year Stafford won the super bowl: 99

Can't help but be contrary. I agree that QB's need a running game, BTW, outside of the rare examples of Tom Brady who uses the short passing game as a running game.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
So there's the key to winning in the NFL? Play conservatively? Rush's last start in Philadelphia proved the Cowboys would not be able to sustain success with Rush. He did his job and the defense did the rest. Once the opposition got more film on Rush they started to take away what he did best. That's the way the NFL works.
sort of like defenses know that dak will choke in big games that matter. shrugs