I think a lot of people are taking the Dak friendly as “dumbed down”

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So why wouldn't he make Dak follow that formula? Just asking...seems like if it worked for Rush it would work even better for Dak.
I think the defense was responsible for the 4 wins, as we gave up 13.5 points per game. in the one game we gave up more than 20 we lost. the offense was ranked 22nd and lower in every statistical category. that's not sustainable win strategy in today's offensive NFL. No team ranked 20th or below offensively made the playoffs over the past three seasons. I take the luck. I take it that the defense played out of this world. but we didn't have the make up of a Ravenesque defense to sustain over the season. I think part of the reason Parsons wore out mid to late season is due to over usage of him in that 5 game stretch.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Forget about what people here are saying about it since we all have a biased view of it.

Look no further than what all the sports media outlets are saying. 90% of the ones we’ve all seen, are saying that it is absolutely dumbed down and ridiculous because it’s admitting that an 8 year veteran in the same offense is now going to make it less complex and less decision making on his part…..it’s irrefutable

Could have paid this kind of QB intelligence a lot less money and gotten the same results
So you're saying the media doesnt have a narrative soley to create clicks? lol... They know nothing and are guessing just like everyone else thats not in the lockerroom.

CD actually goes into detail about how Dak has MORE responsibility. So Iam not sure how more responsibility equates to dumbing down... maybe you can explain that one to me.

Full interview. In the first half he goes into detail about Daks responsibilities.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the defense was responsible for the 4 wins, as we gave up 13.5 points per game. in the one game we gave up more than 20 we lost. the offense was ranked 22nd and lower in every statistical category. that's not sustainable win strategy in today's offensive NFL. No team ranked 20th or below offensively made the playoffs over the past three seasons. I take the luck. I take it that the defense played out of this world. but we didn't have the make up of a Ravenesque defense to sustain over the season. I think part of the reason Parsons wore out mid to late season is due to over usage of him in that 5 game stretch.
Oh yes...it's clear the defense was playing great.

I just think Rush should get some credit too. Being...not the reason you lose...is pretty good...especially given how "everyone" says how bad he sucks.

He didn't suck bad enough to make us lose games.

kskboys

Reaction score
So you're saying the media doesnt have a narrative soley to create clicks? lol... They know nothing and are guessing just like everyone else thats not in the lockerroom.

CD actually goes into detail about how Dak has MORE responsibility. So Iam not sure how more responsibility equates to dumbing down... maybe you can explain that one to me.

Full interview. In the first half he goes into detail about Daks responsibilities.

"Dumbing down" is an extremely inaccurate term.

When you go to more of a chain moving O, you are throwing a ton more shorter passes. Those shorter passes require the QB to be aware of a lot more defenders. LB's, S's, CB's of course, and even DL's come into play. When you miss a defender in the short passing game, pick 6. There is a lot more responsibility in the "dumbed down" O. That's why not every QB does it. It's actually a lot more complicated.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh yes...it's clear the defense was playing great.

I just think Rush should get some credit too. Being...not the reason you lose...is pretty good...especially given how "everyone" says how bad he sucks.

He didn't suck bad enough to make us lose games.
yes, agreed. he was playing very conservatively and Moore/MM tried to protect him with play calling and emphasis on defense. I think just like any other player in NFL, the more tape they have on you, the more they find your weaknesses and it became clear by Rams game that he is unable to make certain throws and they took away things in his comfort zone. That's what scares me about Rush. as he has peaked and now his limitations are well known and now much more difficult to manage if Dak happens to get injured.

and btw, he does suck. if the offense you are responsible for is towards the bottom of the league. you can only play conservatively so long and succeed. he almost cost us the Rams game if not for defense actually scoring and being directly responsible for that win. and in Eagles game he came apart. I don't trust Rush. he is a disaster waiting to happen.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes, agreed. he was playing very conservatively and Moore/MM tried to protect him with play calling and emphasis on defense. I think just like any other player in NFL, the more tape they have on you, the more they find your weaknesses and it became clear by Rams game that he is unable to make certain throws and they took away things in his comfort zone. That's what scares me about Rush. as he has peaked and now his limitations are well known and now much more difficult to manage if Dak happens to get injured.

and btw, he does suck. if the offense you are responsible for is towards the bottom of the league. you can only play conservatively so long and succeed. he almost cost us the Rams game if not for defense actually scoring and being directly responsible for that win. and in Eagles game he came apart. I don't trust Rush. he is a disaster waiting to happen.
I see. No credit. Very telling. And you have the nerve to question others' fandom.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I see. No credit. Very telling. And you have the nerve to question others' fandom.
no, you want me to give him credit. for what? for not screwing up? is it a participation trophy? you expect me to pour love and have a rush crush.
he didn't do anything to set us apart. he just made sure he doesn't screw up. he has been a bit of a cinderella, but the shoes came off in the last two games.
I think we need to upgrade the back up spot. given last two performances he showed, its a scary proposition.

and you are being hypocritical. because I don't pour love and put him on Mount Rushmore, I am not a fan and you question my fandom?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Dumbing down" is an extremely inaccurate term.

When you go to more of a chain moving O, you are throwing a ton more shorter passes. Those shorter passes require the QB to be aware of a lot more defenders. LB's, S's, CB's of course, and even DL's come into play. When you miss a defender in the short passing game, pick 6. There is a lot more responsibility in the "dumbed down" O. That's why not every QB does it. It's actually a lot more complicated.
You can’t teach. When they are not capable of learning.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, you want me to give him credit. for what? for not screwing up? is it a participation trophy? you expect me to pour love and have a rush crush.
he didn't do anything to set us apart. he just made sure he doesn't screw up. he has been a bit of a cinderella, but the shoes came off in the last two games.
I think we need to upgrade the back up spot. given last two performances he showed, its a scary proposition.

and you are being hypocritical. because I don't pour love and put him on Mount Rushmore, I am not a fan and you question my fandom?
Is that what i asked of you? So you greatly exagerate what i said then act all offended.
Odd tactic. Telling.

kskboys

Reaction score
So if thats the case and with Dak being so good against the blitz... how is he "a bit slow" in reading defenses? or is he just lucky?
Because blitz pickup for a QB is see and react. You're able to throw the ball basically from where the blitzer comes from. When a team blitzes, you're taking away a defender the QB has to account for.

I am neither a Dak hater or over, BTW.

erod

Reaction score

Not throwing pick-sixes is a big deal. Dak threw a bunch of them, and had a bunch more dropped.

Rush is certainly not as good as Dak ability wise, but he knows his limitations. Dak doesn't.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not throwing pick-sixes is a big deal. Dak threw a bunch of them, and had a bunch more dropped.

Rush is certainly not as good as Dak ability wise, but he knows his limitations. Dak doesn't.
well, in 2022, Dak had a much higher rate of interceptions than previous years. I hate pick sixes as much as the next person, but one of the three was on brown, thus he is no longer here.
but you can not deny the offense was top 10. scored more points, had better stats all around in top 10 in almost every statistical category and defense was a lot less effective in those games. we never scored less than 24, until the last meaningless game of the year, where with rush we crossed that threshold once.

Rush knows his limitations. yes, he does. its a pretty low bar. now, so do rest of DCs in the league know his limitations. he got really lucky against the rams, given the defense was directly responsible for almost as many points as the offense led by Rush and in Philly game, the first time a team scored more than 20 points, we lost badly.

but go ahead. hang your hat on Rush. put him on Mount Rushmore if you want.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
and he won 4, dak came back and would not play conservatively like Rush. ego would not let him just play team ball. if you can't see that, then there is nothing else I can say.
So there's the key to winning in the NFL? Play conservatively? Rush's last start in Philadelphia proved the Cowboys would not be able to sustain success with Rush. He did his job and the defense did the rest. Once the opposition got more film on Rush they started to take away what he did best. That's the way the NFL works.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Because blitz pickup for a QB is see and react. You're able to throw the ball basically from where the blitzer comes from. When a team blitzes, you're taking away a defender the QB has to account for.

I am neither a Dak hater or over, BTW.
yes, its throwing it where the blitzers is coming from, given usually that's an open space. its key for recievers to see it as well and adjust as well.