Twitter: I think Amari is ok

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
The guy we picked in the fourth. Seems like a solid example of how worthless draft opinions can be.
yeah Nahshon Wright was probably a waste of a pick, we likely could have had him in the 6th, 7th or UDFA. But Cox fell because people didn't think he could tackle and we finally got a break in the draft our way.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
yeah Nahshon Wright was probably a waste of a pick, we likely could have had him in the 6th, 7th or UDFA. But Cox fell because people didn't think he could tackle and we finally got a break in the draft our way.
Yeah that's certainly true, and you being off by two rounds on Cox is good proof too!

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yeah that's certainly true, and you being off by two rounds on Cox is good proof too!
Cox will turn out to be a steal, all 32 teams passed up on him two rounds too many because they were afraid of his blockshed/tackle ability, or lack thereof. I think that can be learned and it's hard to find a really good coverage linebacker who can break up any pass that dares enter his zone, one who can take a tight end out of the receiving game and make it hard on QBs who like to throw short and intermediate stuff all game. I still think Cox is a 2nd round talent. I think he's a prototype of Jordan Hicks from the Eagles (now on Arizona) before he got hurt in 2017. Great in coverage, fast, quick, athletic, a little undersized and a little bit of a liability in run support due to lack of sheer strength. Great ball hawk and GPS for the football. Smart player.

not saying Wright is going to be a bad player, he could turn out to be a gem in Quinn's scheme, but the main thing is there's only a very select few teams, like Seattle or whoever Gus Bradley coaches these days, who would have even considered him in the draft at all.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Cox will turn out to be a steal, all 32 teams passed up on him two rounds too many because they were afraid of his blockshed/tackle ability, or lack thereof. I think that can be learned and it's hard to find a really good coverage linebacker who can break up any pass that dares enter his zone, one who can take a tight end out of the receiving game and make it hard on QBs who like to throw short and intermediate stuff all game. I still think Cox is a 2nd round talent. I think he's a prototype of Jordan Hicks from the Eagles (now on Arizona) before he got hurt in 2017. Great in coverage, fast, quick, athletic, a little undersized and a little bit of a liability in run support due to lack of sheer strength. Great ball hawk and GPS for the football. Smart player.
I think you missed the point. You have no idea when anyone would be drafted except for the players who were drafted. That's the only evidence. All the rest is a media circle jerk of smokescreens and amateurs playing pretend. You admitted it, then instead of taking that as proof of ignorance, you immediately doubled down. Your capacity for self awareness is stunning.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Joseph got beat both ways to the inside and outside.
Apparently I was wrong and that was an old clip and it was Chidobe Awuzie instead. You know, the guy who got beat like a drum most his 4 years in Dallas, but had the game of his life in a meaningless preseason game vs. Cincinnati in 2018, good enough that Cincy scooped him up for a brisk price tag, netting us a 4th round comp pick in next year's draft.

4th round comp picks have landed us Dak Prescott and Tyler Biadasz in recent drafts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
24 was also Chido and that looks more like Chido than it does Joseph.
but thats new footage, is it not? why would they show last years footage to say hes back..it was KJ form recent practice unless the story is old?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ugh Kelvin Joseph looks so bad, but yet he needs those reps... trotting out Brown the progress stopper isn't going to help Joseph learn in this league.
his groin injury might,,it happens and KJ will get his chance.look around the league where was Jmar chase taken looks like the worst rookie wr ive ever seen in PS..no one seems concerned...you think Chase will remain that way or learn and grow..the fans need to zip it and understand rookies don't all come out and look nfl ready no matter where they are taken,,

Big D

Reaction score
Put a top CB on him and he simply disappears.......
P.S. The Only excuse is he has a bad jockey but simply another over-valued and OVERPAID Jerry kid!
Is there anyone on this team that you like?