Twitter: I think Amari is ok

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Thats just insane route running. Such an underrated part of WR play. Too bad Dez never took his job seriously. He could have been one of the best running routes like that.
Dez always relied on his ability to out muscle guys for the ball in traffic, win jump balls, and fake the 3 route and run the 9 on the double move -- or vice versa. Once he lost that part of his game after the foot injury, his career fell apart.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
this is last year. Awuzie
you can thank Awuzie for one thing... having the game of his life in the 2018 Preseason first half against Cincinnati. Otherwise I don't think he would have gotten such a high bid from any other NFL team, and we couldn't have gotten the 4th round comp pick we will get for losing him.

4th round comp picks are good. Dak Prescott, Tyler Biadasz, etc

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wright actually might be a good choice against Mike Evans specifically, since Evans is tall, big and pretty fast but not very side to side agile, he's mainly going to be running routes that Wright can defend well within his skill set of ability.

Whereas, if you put a guy like Wright on say, Scotty Miller (aka Julian Edelman 2.0), that would be a colossal mismatch in favor of the offense.

To me Wright is a niche defender that can really excel against the Evans's, Julio's and DK Metcalf's of the league. But against a shiftier receiver archetype you need to use a different corner.

That too. Wright matches well physically against Evans. Coaching is about putting players in the best position to win, and I think Wright on Evans gives out defence the best chance. I'd probably have Donovan Wilson over the top, if I were Quinn, to give safety help to start with. However, if Wright shows he can handle Evans, then I'd probably shift Wilson to either Gronk or to help Diggs.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
who did we get with that pick or is it next year
2022, since we lost Awuzie for enough money for a 4th round comp pick in March 2021.

Just like we lost DeMarco Murray to Philly in March 2015, so we got a 4th round comp pink in April 2016... = Dak Prescott.

maybe... just MAYBE.... there's an outside chance we select Dak instead of Charles Tapper with the regular 4th round pick in 2016 if we had kept Murray.... maybe we didn't select Zeke at the top in that case... who knows. Ramsey-Henry-Collins-Dak would have been a nice 2016 draft first 4 rounds if we had kept Murray... but it's all hypothetical.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
That too. Wright matches well physically against Evans. Coaching is about putting players in the best position to win, and I think Wright on Evans gives out defence the best chance. I'd probably have Donovan Wilson over the top, if I were Quinn, to give safety help to start with. However, if Wright shows he can handle Evans, then I'd probably shift Wilson to either Gronk or to help Diggs.
nope... Hooker or Kazee is much better "over the top" single high safety choice than Wilson. That's Wilson's worst weakness. His strength is in shorter coverage, blitzing, and against the run. Wilson's definitely an SS, but without ideal SS size and speed. That's why I'm hoping Mukuamu can eventually beat him out for SS at some point.

Diggs doesn't need help. He's got one cover 3 deep third locked down. I do think Wilson might be de facto the best Day 1 option against Gronk, but they'll probably blanket the TEs in cover 3 as opposed to strict man coverage there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Brady is going to light up this secondary. Dak and the offense will need to keep up if they have any shot.

Depends on how Quinn uses his players. We'll probably get beat up early in the secondary, but, as stated, I think if we put Wright on Evans, Diggs on the 1, and Lewis on Miller, that should give us a fighting chance with our secondary since each of them would match up well against their respective counterparts.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
2022, since we lost Awuzie for enough money for a 4th round comp pick in March 2021.

Just like we lost DeMarco Murray to Philly in March 2015, so we got a 4th round comp pink in April 2016... = Dak Prescott.

maybe... just MAYBE.... there's an outside chance we select Dak instead of Charles Tapper with the regular 4th round pick in 2016 if we had kept Murray.... maybe we didn't select Zeke at the top in that case... who knows. Ramsey-Henry-Collins-Dak would have been a nice 2016 draft first 4 rounds if we had kept Murray... but it's all hypothetical.

thanks

Until they changed the rule for him, I really enjoyed watching Murray spear people. I liked the run game with him

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
nope... Hooker or Kazee is much better "over the top" single high safety choice than Wilson. That's Wilson's worst weakness. His strength is in shorter coverage, blitzing, and against the run. Wilson's definitely an SS, but without ideal SS size and speed. That's why I'm hoping Mukuamu can eventually beat him out for SS at some point.

I could see Kazee being used. That actually would be better now that I think of it. Either way, Wright should have safety help over the top since it is his first game. However, if he shows that he can handle Evans, then maybe ease off the safety help then.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I could see Kazee being used. That actually would be better now that I think of it. Either way, Wright should have safety help over the top since it is his first game. However, if he shows that he can handle Evans, then maybe ease off the safety help then.
I'd line up Diggs against Godwin/the other outside WR opposite Evans. Wright against Evans, and if Scotty Miller or their other slot receiver is in the game, we have Canady or Jourdan Lewis for that. It's all about matchups.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Depends on how Quinn uses his players. We'll probably get beat up early in the secondary, but, as stated, I think if we put Wright on Evans, Diggs on the 1, and Lewis on Miller, that should give us a fighting chance with our secondary since each of them would match up well against their respective counterparts.
I agree :)

Croomraider

Reaction score
Bossman Fat getting the work!!
Someone get this man in the studio asap!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pretty sure Amari Cooper can make any CB crap in their pants if he looks like that all season. Good sign.
if you watch Hard knocks Diggs covered him very well..but you are correct would make MOST Cbs look silly but most rookies would bite on double moves..

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd line up Diggs against Godwin/the other outside WR opposite Evans. Wright against Evans, and if Scotty Miller or their other slot receiver is in the game, we have Canady or Jourdan Lewis for that. It's all about matchups.
so ABrown is somehow catching 50yarder uncovered as hes not mentioned LOL

.they are loaded...they have better 4/5 then us will find the weak spot..key is Pressure in TB face so they dont have time to get open..