Twitter: I think Amari is ok

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Good question. Maybe it is from just before the Jax game? IDK man.

This is from at least 2 years ago. When McCarthy became coach he put the name on the back of the practice jerseys. I don't see that on either jersey so this is Amari vs. Chido from 2018 or 2019.

Jkyle

Reaction score
I guess the way to defend Coop on that route is to look where his eyes are positioned. In that clip, Coop was looking down, indicating that he wasn't looking for the Slant. If a CB picks up on that then they can anticipate him cutting it back outside like he did.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dang...I had heard on the radio it wasn't that serious. May be they want to make sure he really heals and dosent return too soon
Maybe he just really isn't that good and found a way to put him on ice without crushing him. He'll get healed up and coached up and given another chance sometime during the season. But I wouldn't be looking for him to get on the field this season unless it's an emergency or garbage time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ugh Kelvin Joseph looks so bad, but yet he needs those reps... trotting out Brown the progress stopper isn't going to help Joseph learn in this league.

I'll counter that by saying I would put Brown out there ONLY because I don't trust Joseph yet to take on the 2 WRs, and DEFINITELY not the 1 WR when offenses put them on his side. I honestly would put Wright in there over Joseph. Wright seems to be more polished.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good to see that Coop is looking good. Need him to not disappear against Tampa. We need all paws on deck to have a chance in that game.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I'll counter that by saying I would put Brown out there ONLY because I don't trust Joseph yet to take on the 2 WRs, and DEFINITELY not the 1 WR when offenses put them on his side. I honestly would put Wright in there over Joseph. Wright seems to be more polished.
Brady is going to throw at Brown all game. Brown has been a stink pot since 2017. The only thing he's good at is making the tackle after giving up the catch. Unless, of course, the catch is made in the end zone.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Amari has always been a great route runner. His problem is he disappears too many times. If he is consistent he would be a top 3 receiver in the league.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Brady is going to throw at Brown all game. Brown has been a stink pot since 2017. The only thing he's good at is making the tackle after giving up the catch. Unless, of course, the catch is made in the end zone.

True, so, in that case, between Joseph, Brown, and Wright, I might be inclined to play Wright only because he seems to be a bit more polished than Joseph and attacks the ball well, and we know what Brown does. So, Wright might be the best option of the 3.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Amari has always been a great route runner. His problem is he disappears too many times. If he is consistent he would be a top 3 receiver in the league.

He might be able to compete for top 3 in the league, but that would not be good for the cowboys. It is better for the cowboys to throw to all wr's, te's, and rb's

JonesBoys

Reaction score
True, so, in that case, between Joseph, Brown, and Wright, I might be inclined to play Wright only because he seems to be a bit more polished than Joseph and attacks the ball well, and we know what Brown does. So, Wright might be the best option of the 3.

Brady is going to light up this secondary. Dak and the offense will need to keep up if they have any shot.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Wright actually might be a good choice against Mike Evans specifically, since Evans is tall, big and pretty fast but not very side to side agile, he's mainly going to be running routes that Wright can defend well within his skill set of ability.

Whereas, if you put a guy like Wright on say, Scotty Miller (aka Julian Edelman 2.0), that would be a colossal mismatch in favor of the offense.

To me Wright is a niche defender that can really excel against the Evans's, Julio's and DK Metcalf's of the league. But against a shiftier receiver archetype you need to use a different corner.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Video game level stuff...

Thats just insane route running. Such an underrated part of WR play. Too bad Dez never took his job seriously. He could have been one of the best running routes like that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ugh Kelvin Joseph looks so bad, but yet he needs those reps... trotting out Brown the progress stopper isn't going to help Joseph learn in this league.

LOL...........are you serious? There isnt CB alive or dead that would have stopped that play without holding.