Twitter: I think Dallas needs a new HC

Shane612

Reaction score
The only way to counteract Jerry and the county club culture is to have a fearsome task master at HC. Urban Meyer must get a look. Check out this video. The guy is a winner!

Even if what you say is true, what makes you believe Meyer won't succumb to Jerry's money and personality?
Anyone can talk tough when he isn't the one interviewing for one of the most coveted job in pro-sports.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That’s ridiculous. Only an idiot would fire a coach after one season especially with all that has transpired.

why are you behaving like Big Mike is the only coach we can ever hire???

there are many talented coaches out there .

Fire Big Mike and move on.

we have games to win.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t disagree but there were some that had this team challenging for a title. Now it looks like a 12-13 loss team. McCarthy’s record dating back to his last year in GB is bad. Why is it that Dallas must have all its players healthy to win?
I wouldn't say they should need all their players healthy to win, but with as many key players that aren't on the field, you can't expect anyone to be successful, must less a coach who just rolled in this year, with very little opportunity to work with the team and other coaches before the season started.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m torn. On one hand, your post makes perfect sense. On the other, MAN has he been bad.
LOL..........Has he been bad though?
We all wanted a more aggressive coach, who takes chances: That's mostly how he's been. (the 4th and inches decision last week aside)
We wanted accountability: Dead weight players are being ejected.
We wanted more original play calling: He's allowed Moore to be more creative than Garrett ever let him be.

I don't know if he's going to be good or not, but I really don't think it's fair to judge him on this season.

Gaede

Reaction score
Was there even any indication Meyer wanted to coach again?

Obviously, he would've been fantastic for us. But it's a daydream.

Aven8

Reaction score
Booger is running out of 'yes' men. He should try a woman....

football_cardinals1a.jpg

I would say YES!!! :omg:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The only way to counteract Jerry and the county club culture is to have a fearsome task master at HC. Urban Meyer must get a look. Check out this video. The guy is a winner!

McCarthy isn't going anywhere for another 2 years. jerry just handed him a 5 year deal, he is not about to eat 4 years of a contract. not in his blood

RS12

Reaction score
Jerry is 78 years old. It took 10 years to flush the last mistake. Think real hard now, how do you think this plays out?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We must blame someone, Garrett was that guy before McC now and until the culture of this team is turned over to a guy like Meyer, or even McC, it doesn't matter who that HC is.

Meyer makes sense but he would have to have 100% control in order to fix what's under the hood because this team is eaten up by a lack of accountability, excuse making and even inflating the egos of players like Jaylon Smith because the owner picked him.

No coach is going to have real success with this team as long as it serves the needs of the Jones' ego. Who announced that Dalton would be starting when he's cleared? Who said Smith is the cornerstone of the defense?

When are you going to look at this franchise for what it really is and stop fighting it and just accept the fact you are a fan of a poorly designed franchise where winning is not the main goal. Winning takes sacrifice, do the Joneses look like they're ready to sacrifice anything? Those two are actually worse now than they've ever been before.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who's going to push him out the door? You'd need like a skid steer or something.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t disagree. I like McCarthy. The early returns are terrible though. Meyer is an elite coach.

At the college level, sure but with the exception of Jimmy Johnson, history has shown time and times again that DOES NOT translate to a successful NFL coach and there are plenty of samples.

dckid

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:Our fans are just the worst. Giving up, quitting after a year that we lost our starting QB, RT, LT and so many more. Yeah, lets fire the coach, that’ll fix it. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
I think you need a dose of reality. What have you seen from Jerry the past 26 years? What winning culture have you seen? We are slightly better than the Lions and Skins. What a great trifecta.
This team sucks and it is for over two decades. We are America’s laughingstock. If we had a real owner, within three years we would have a championship game appearance. This team has more resources and money than any other organization. Get the best analytics and scouts and GM that money can buy and move on with your life.
Jerry is a blabbering idiot who has no sense of leadership.