Twitter: I think Dallas needs a new HC

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At the college level, sure but with the exception of Jimmy Johnson, history has shown time and times again that DOES NOT translate to a successful NFL coach and there are plenty of samples.
Just like QBs.......Maybe they'll succeed, maybe they won't.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It wouldn't happen anyway, but the more complaints Jerry hears about his "yes men", then another "yes man" he will hire. Jerry only wins his way, which is why we never win.
MM not a yes man , prove he is? dudes coached 9 game in this mess 17+ players out with injury , FA below expectations and now cut and traded, no roster is hard to coach, anyone thinks a coach is yes man because of what?

another idiotic narrative. And THE coach works for an OWNER and GM like you if you have a boss who has boss etc you all are Yes men or you wouldn't have job,

saying no to your boss will get you FIRED..need a reality check to how this works. The NFL teams are structured like any business and corporations and being a fortune 500 type structure , you do what your boss asks or get fired or quit..those are the options..

mardwin

Reaction score
McCarthy will be fine. Remember that he is installing a new defensive scheme and running the same lame as Jason Garrett playbook on the offensive side.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Why don’t we wait and see what MM can do with a full off season of mini camps and a full slate of pre season games. No way anyone can fairly judge this staffs performance yet. And in fairness the defense is getting better and the offense was on record pace before all the injuries.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why don’t we wait and see what MM can do with a full off season of mini camps and a full slate of pre season games. No way anyone can fairly judge this staffs performance yet. And in fairness the defense is getting better and the offense was on record pace before all the injuries.
no one here want to hear common sense , they like to whine and complain..

32BellyOption

Reaction score
no one here want to hear common sense , they like to whine and complain..

There is that faction but no coach will come in here and get instant results. So if we fire MM after one year and the next guy comes in and wins 4 or 5 games do we can him too!? Lol! Let’s give a guy who has coached a team to a SB win, the actual biggest win in Jerry’s World, a fair shake.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think you need a dose of reality. What have you seen from Jerry the past 26 years? What winning culture have you seen? We are slightly better than the Lions and Skins. What a great trifecta.
This team sucks and it is for over two decades. We are America’s laughingstock. If we had a real owner, within three years we would have a championship game appearance. This team has more resources and money than any other organization. Get the best analytics and scouts and GM that money can buy and move on with your life.
Jerry is a blabbering idiot who has no sense of leadership.
I don’t know where you got Jerry from. The guy said fire the coach. That’s what I was responding to. Jerry is an awful owner but he’s not going anywhere.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don’t know where you got Jerry from. The guy said fire the coach. That’s what I was responding to. Jerry is an awful owner but he’s not going anywhere.

except Jerry is 78....and not happy with Mike.

and he can pocket big Mike’s contract .

and there are a ton of coaches who want the job...

And we are 2-7....

soon to be 2-8

it’s an easy call.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t disagree. I like McCarthy. The early returns are terrible though. Meyer is an elite coach.
Stephen Jones wanted a Head Coach that would not not be socializing (drinking) with Jerry.

I don't see Urban Meyer resisting the allure of hanging out in Jerry's circle of rich guy drinking buddies.

Jerry's influence on football operations is directly proportional to how much time he spends with the football people. Stephen Jones has made himself the only link between Jerry and the football people now that SJ has managed to push Garrett out the door.

It is a common concept in family run businesses. When the father gets older the son that takes over pushes the father's cronies out the door and then all information that gets to the father is controlled by the son.

For the ladies: Sorry I used father/son in the explanation as the concept also applies to mother and/or daughter.

conner01

Reaction score
except Jerry is 78....and not happy with Mike.

and he can pocket big Mike’s contract .

and there are a ton of coaches who want the job...

And we are 2-7....

soon to be 2-8

it’s an easy call.
I doubt he is unhappy with MM
To think he is ignores the last decade

conner01

Reaction score
he’s a terrible HC.

That’s how they get fired.
Your opinion and the person who actually makes the decisions may vary
I find it laughable people think Jerry will fire MM after one season
Remind me how long Garrett was here?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Your opinion and the person who actually makes the decisions may vary
I find it laughable people think Jerry will fire MM after one season
Remind me how long Garrett was here?
how long were campo and Gaily here? BillP? i think MM will get about 3years four if after 3 things are going very well..he wont get the garett golden ticket but for sure hes not getting only one season that went the way this one did..

Hardline

Reaction score
The only way to counteract Jerry and the county club culture is to have a fearsome task master at HC. Urban Meyer must get a look. Check out this video. The guy is a winner!

The case that you are making to hire him is exactly why Jerry wont hire him.