Twitter: I think Dallas needs a new HC

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
That's a Head Coach.

You will never see that kind of a coach accept to be a puppet .. The type of a coach that scares Jerry and Jerry hates

You will NEVER see Jerry hire a coach like that

:cool:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The only way to counteract Jerry and the county club culture is to have a fearsome task master at HC. Urban Meyer must get a look. Check out this video. The guy is a winner!

Why is this dude not our head coach.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Also, McCarthy will almost certainly get a mulligan this year given the wildly bad circumstances he faced, but I have never been a fan of his and I remain unconvinced still.

HotDog37

Reaction score
If I owned the Dallas Cowboys I would want Urban Meyer for HC because I would want close to the best that I could get and I would not worry about 'previous NFL experience' - that's what Jason Garrett has now. I would want a winner and someone that can inspire not someone with a story about analytics in the basement.

jnday

Reaction score
I tried to give big Mike a chance.

needed to see wins....

never happened.

time to fix this mess.
I could overlook the lack of wins if there was some positives to cling to. With the exception of Lamb having a good rookie season, I don’t see anything else to get excited over. I was surprised that MM actually made fans miss Garrett, which I never thought I would see. There has only been three great coaches in Dallas history, Landry, Johnson and Parcells. Every coach that has success in Dallas has been a hard-nosed disciplinarian that made players fear for their jobs. This is especially true during the time that Jerry has owned the team. Each one of those coaches was culture changing coaches that brought winning cultures to Dallas , which is the opposite of the country club culture that players have complained about for years. It is obvious that the only way to return to winning is for Jerry to hire a strict, hard-nosed coach and give him the authority to deal with players as he see fits instead of allowing players to go to Jerry when they disagree with the coaches.

jnday

Reaction score
At the college level, sure but with the exception of Jimmy Johnson, history has shown time and times again that DOES NOT translate to a successful NFL coach and there are plenty of samples.
There are more successful college coaches that have made the transition to the pros than just Jimmy. Jimmy has probably been the most successful, but others have done well too. Pete Carroll has done pretty well since leaving USC and he is just one example.

Brax

Reaction score
The talk of Big Mac being gone after one year is a complete fan waste of time. And despite how bad this team has played this year, I don’t see how he can honestly be evaluated fully in the context of just this season. Besides, once again, if we want to address root problems with this team, it’s not the head coach.
Hard to find the root problem when the person looking for it is it.

cern

Reaction score
The little German fuhrer fired most of his generals. He still lost the war. Too soon to pass judgment on mac.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Evidently, Meyer is a quick and a logical thinker. Whethe he'd be able to win this team over is perhaps a valid question, however. I wouldn't mind seeing him try. Could he get along with our FO? That's another hurdle that must be crossed. We'll have to see what MM can do first, though.

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
------Ask this - what head coach is going to be interested in a position with a team that has shown it isn't willing to go threw growing pains with a coach and will fire him after one season

Easy...a coach that has confidence in himself knowing that he won't fail like the last guy before him. If MM does lose this team, then I'd fire him on the plane ride home from NY. Jerry better not think Urban is going to hang around not coaching forever....I think he is gone real soon. Ask Iowa fans about losing Bob Stoops by sitting idle and thinking he is pining over you and will wait around.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous. Only an idiot would fire a coach after one season especially with all that has transpired.

Right govnor, right you are.
Cowboys never fire. We rehab, coddle, forgive, give 2nd and 3rd chances, bank on 3 big offensive names and tell Nolan what a great job he's doing.
We never fire. We love the undisciplined, the moochers, the morbidly fat, the historically frail and hope bad boys on double-secret suspension will be our easy ticket to glory.
Never fire, Jerry, it's would be an admission that YOU DONT KNOW SQUAT ABOUT COACHES AND PLAYERS.

Mannix

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post of the day directly above

bodi

Reaction score
U Meyer
Christopher "Dabo" Swinney
L Riley
Haurbaugh