Twitter: I think Dallas needs a new HC

tico

Reaction score
MM here for at least 3 years...to much money and pride involved

14theuterthumb

Reaction score
The only way to counteract Jerry and the county club culture is to have a fearsome task master at HC. Urban Meyer must get a look. Check out this video. The guy is a winner!

I’m a Gator and Cowboy Fan, Cowboy first, I love Urban. I’d love him or LR. The name is it Why?,Jerry or WhyJerry? It’s a great name they both apply.

14theuterthumb

Reaction score
The only way to counteract Jerry and the county club culture is to have a fearsome task master at HC. Urban Meyer must get a look. Check out this video. The guy is a winner!

I’m a Gator and Cowboy Fan, Cowboy first, I love Urban. I’d love him or LR. The name is it Why?,Jerry or WhyJerry? It’s a great name they both apply.
That’s ridiculous. Only an idiot would fire a coach after one season especially with all that has transpired.
If only an idiot would fire a coach after one season what is the word __________for someone to fire a coach after Back to Back in the house.

BHendri5

Reaction score

If only an idiot would fire a coach after one season what is the word __________for someone to fire a coach after Back to Back in the house.

That idiot coach resigned!!!! You got it twisted. That idiot coach was looking for a reason to move on, That idiot coach was quoted !!! “Saying that he never stays in one place longer than 5yrs, he also said that he was a designator and motivator, and that he was running out of ways/ideas to motivate his team, plus he wanted to get to the coast , meaning where he resides now. You need to research Jimmy he has stated on many occasions those very things I just posted, read his book and other books that has been written with things he has said.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
The Fan is teeing off on him this morning, as they seemingly do every week now. Shan and RJ were trying to grade his performance this season when one of their sources texted both of them and said that he's completely disconnected and distant and that his players "hardly even know him."

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
McCarthy should've been gone after the Browns game.

No. Way too early, I would never fire a coach in the first year unless he does a ton of boneheaded things, this wasn't, despite some, even many people's views this wasn't a team ready to "win now", a year away at a minimum, and I said so at the time he was hired....

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Meyer was my 1st choice, but even with that said I thought Mike would be a solid hire. He's shown me nothing at this point. Hate to waste a second season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

"There's no such thing as bad players". Well that's not 100% true, I would submit the Ryan Leafs, don't care to study hard, practice, listen, learn, etc. But in GENERAL he's right, even players who only are in it for the money realize they can't continue to make the big money if they don't make at least a minimal effort.

Besides, there are THOUSANDS of college players (In the 2017-18 academic year, the NCAA counted 40,733 players between FBS, FCS, Division II, and Division III.). Only about 2,000 active roster NFL players (32 teams x 53 players). You HAVE to be pretty darn good just to get on an NFL roster. How you shuffle those players, allocate those players and use those players is the difference between the Cowboys of the 1960-70s and the 2000's Patriots, consistently good teams.

The worst NFL player is still pretty good, only one of 4% of college players in a given year. Otherwise they'd be cut and replaced by another college player....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That idiot coach resigned!!!! You got it twisted. That idiot coach was looking for a reason to move on, That idiot coach was quoted !!! “Saying that he never stays in one place longer than 5yrs, he also said that he was a designator and motivator, and that he was running out of ways/ideas to motivate his team, plus he wanted to get to the coast , meaning where he resides now. You need to research Jimmy he has stated on many occasions those very things I just posted, read his book and other books that has been written with things he has said.
Much of this is true, but Jimmy is certainly not an idiot.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he had a chance.

he’s been HC since January.

this isn’t a charity.
A chance to install his system with no preseason, no OTA's and an abbreviated training camp? And a rash of injuries, including to his starting QB?

Ask this - what head coach is going to be interested in a position with a team that has shown it isn't willing to go threw growing pains with a coach and will fire him after one season, even if the circumstances were all stacked against him?

What Runny was talking about wasn't charity, it was reason.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Urban would die laughing the first time Jerry sat in on a coach's meeting.

We have to think of the dude's health here.

quickccc

Reaction score

Urban Meyer ? no thanks
we don't need to be replacing the previous No.1 offense in NFL with his college rigged offense.
that style won't work in NFL, and certainly Dak doesn't need that kind of kind of offense.
We need to have an NFL established HC so we can hit the ground running.

o_O

quickccc

Reaction score
What are McCarthy strengths and weaknesses ? … what are his pluses..and minuses ?

Is there anything specific about his head coaching that has impressed you … or has Not impressed you ? :huh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the other new HC's to their teams are struggling as well, might not be this guy. And McC had the additional challenge of dealing with a rat in the root cellar.

McC was hired to improve on that 8 on the left side of that 8-8 immediately but the combination of factors like lack of adequate prep time and injuries threw him a couple of curves and there aren't many HC's, QB guru or not, that will do well with his 4th QB in 5 games and a very mediocre defense.

He will not be fired because that wouldn't be right and it would make Booger look like he got sold in that 12 hour interview. We must remember the goal, make the GM look good. And firing the HC after one season does not accomplish that.

I laugh every time I see mention of bringing in a guy like Meyer that struggled to get along with his AD's at FL and OSU. Think he'd run his own ship in Dallas? Who are the people making all the player announcements for the Cowboys vs every other team? The Joneses named the starting QB once he's cleared to play and told the DC and LBC that Smith is the cornerstone of their mediocre defense.

Every HC name brought up addresses the single biggest obstacle to any HC, culture. Culture is not established by the HC, it is established by the owner and his son and it's is quite alright for a player to go to the media because that is in keeping with the mantra of the culture, promote, promote, promote. Other GM's hire a HC to establish culture, this GM hires them to facilitate the one he wants.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif
:laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are McCarthy strengths and weaknesses ? … what are his pluses..and minuses ?

Is there anything specific about his head coaching that has impressed you … or has Not impressed you ? :huh:
One thing that has impressed me about him. In his first half year as HC, he has experienced something few of them ever do, a rat in the root cellar. Once that subsided, his team actually started playing harder for him. He handled that very well.

I was not impressed by his decision making early on but I understand his intention. Every QB and O wants to go for it and he wanted a way to fast track a relationship with his side of the ball.

This is simple for me. Just as this NFL season has been a throwaway, so has the Cowboys season and now it's all about what can he build toward the future.

The other part of this is the same as it has been for any HC post Parcells, I can't get too critical of them, except for the obvious questionable decisions, because I don't know what they do.

Why in the hell hire a 13 year vet with a skin on the wall and continue to handle his duties because they want the exposure? Wait, never mind, just answered my own question.

jnday

Reaction score
Wow. I wasn't real excited when they announced McCarthy was our new head coach, but I'm not judging him too hard this season. We're 2 months in so the no pre-season excuse is gone, but we still have a lot of major player issues that any coach would have problems with.
MM has made some basic coaching 101 mistakes this year. I can overlook some of the player problems , but the simple coaching mistakes he has made is hard to overlook.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
MM has made some basic coaching 101 mistakes this year. I can overlook some of the player problems , but the simple coaching mistakes he has made is hard to overlook.
Do you mean the fake punts and going for it or not? I've questioned a lot too but obviously, I have never coached.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't get this fantasy that NFL owners are giving fresh college coaches complete control of teams....no owner is doing that...Jimmy Johnson ran a team when there was no cap, he is a great coach and Jerry was in a position to basically get him whomever he wanted. Jimmy did a great job of scouting (college coach) and going after who he wanted on the team and Jerry made that happen.

Today's NFL has ridiculous complex finaces that NO college coach can navigate thier first year. Could Meyer come in and be a great coach, sure...is what stopping him how much control he has over football operations? I doubt it, he would probably admit that with this cap every new coach needs alot of help from a good GM. Urban would pack his shi* in 2 seconds if Jerry told him he was hired, Jerry wanted a proven SB coach so he took one....why don't we give him a full season with a starting qaulity QB before we run him out of town?