I think Garrett drops em this season!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Most of my HS coaches were meatheads.

A couple of the assistants were good guys but both the varsity and freshman head coaches were morons.

We got a new HC my senior year. He claimed to be a straight laced church guy but his wife was known to have hooked up with some students. One of my friends worked for a painter that did some work at the HC's house. There was a 4x8 mirror on the ceiling over the bed and several other kinky items.

One of my best buddies had some encounter this new HC and developed a deep hatred of him. I never did know the exact reason. About once a week my buddy would drive through the guy's yard and run over a tree that had been planted. They kept planting a new tree and he kept driving over it. Anytime it rained he would make certain to drive through the yard.
I'd would've employed 'punji' spiked 2x4 boards with 8" ring shanked pole barn nails in anticipation of Mr. Disgruntlement's tires after the 2nd time it happened to me.

*I've hammered a ton of those things, bolting mobile homes together

Romotil45

Reaction score
Garrett had a lot of respect for Linehan, to the point that he may have been intimidated by him. A young rookie OC will bring out Garrett's manhood. I think he struts around and is more involved in the offense. Believe or not, I think this is a good thing. I went through a similar situation my first year as HC. My first assistant and my OC were longtime proven coaches, close friends and mentors. I bit my tongue for most of the season. Didn't work, I fired them both and brought in a rookie OC and OL coach. I controlled the pace and flow of the game on both sides. We went undefeated and won the schools first playoff game in 44 years. I hope I'm right. If I am, we have a great shot of winning our first SB in a long time.

You over estimate Jason Garrett. If we have a very good season win playoffs games and contend for a superbowl it will be all the Great talent we have on the field. Jason Garrett is simply not a great X's and O's guy he is very good at building winning culture but he will likely never be a high caliber X's and O's coach that is likely to make a high impact in game be able to make adjustments etc.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has already failed buddy.

Your the ONLY guy talking about giving him back more power. I wasn't going to use the word "idiot", but you brought it up.

What I am doing is rooting for Moore. That is the new OC.

Its also quite clear that for Moore to have the most success, Garrett has to stay out of the way.
Ok, ok!!! GARRETT SUCKS!!!! Salud!! That's what I get for wishful thinking. Someone had to throw a turd in my punchbowl!! Lol!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of my HS coaches were meatheads.

A couple of the assistants were good guys but both the varsity and freshman head coaches were morons.

We got a new HC my senior year. He claimed to be a straight laced church guy but his wife was known to have hooked up with some students. One of my friends worked for a painter that did some work at the HC's house. There was a 4x8 mirror on the ceiling over the bed and several other kinky items.

One of my best buddies had some encounter this new HC and developed a deep hatred of him. I never did know the exact reason. About once a week my buddy would drive through the guy's yard and run over a tree that had been planted. They kept planting a new tree and he kept driving over it. Anytime it rained he would make certain to drive through the yard.
Thats why I got rid of the bad coaches. Always put the players best interest in front of everything. I hope none of my players think about their coaches the way you and your teammates do.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You over estimate Jason Garrett. If we have a very good season win playoffs games and contend for a superbowl it will be all the Great talent we have on the field. Jason Garrett is simply not a great X's and O's guy he is very good at building winning culture but he will likely never be a high caliber X's and O's coach that is likely to make a high impact in game be able to make adjustments etc.
Just hoping for the best. If we win, we're stuck with him, regardless.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think all the pieces are falling into place for this team to make a serious run at another SB title. Seeing so many of the key plays meet up in San Diego to get in some more practice before training camp tells me how serious they are about making this season special. Having veteran leadership back like Travis and Witten is going to pay big dividends. I think this is the season that Dak finally puts it all together and makes the most at having some very talented WRs to throw to. And that defense just so dominates much of the time. I expect much of the same from them. If we get a better Coach Garrett this season then that's it, we get our 6th SB championship.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd would've employed 'punji' spiked 2x4 boards with 8" ring shanked pole barn nails in anticipation of Mr. Disgruntlement's tires after the 2nd time it happened to me.

*I've hammered a ton of those things, bolting mobile homes together

They must gave enjoyed it because they never made any attempts to deter it.

I think the old VHS video cameras would do several hours of recording. Just place one in the window.

Personally I used a large boulder to get people from driving into the driveway of a vacant house that I had while it was being remodeled. It's convenient to have a front end loader handy...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Garrett had a lot of respect for Linehan, to the point that he may have been intimidated by him. A young rookie OC will bring out Garrett's manhood. I think he struts around and is more involved in the offense. Believe or not, I think this is a good thing. I went through a similar situation my first year as HC. My first assistant and my OC were longtime proven coaches, close friends and mentors. I bit my tongue for most of the season. Didn't work, I fired them both and brought in a rookie OC and OL coach. I controlled the pace and flow of the game on both sides. We went undefeated and won the schools first playoff game in 44 years. I hope I'm right. If I am, we have a great shot of winning our first SB in a long time.
Finally drops his nuts?

Fire407

Reaction score
goofball, he was so happy for Sean.

KPOouPO.jpg
If you didn't know who won the game, you would certainly guess wrong looking at this picture.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
They must gave enjoyed it because they never made any attempts to deter it.

I think the old VHS video cameras would do several hours of recording. Just place one in the window.

Personally I used a large boulder to get people from driving into the driveway of a vacant house that I had while it was being remodeled. It's convenient to have a front end loader handy...
LoL,,, no doubt about the effectiveness of that whole "deny avenue of access" maneuver,,,they've been gradually doing that to me out here in the "tall&uncut" country for the last 20-25 years, blocking off roads that led up to where you'd once used to cross the temperate growth of three different habit zones while in the endeavored hunt for yer' perfect Christmas tree,,, man, I used to have to covertly scamper across a couple of privately owned dirt aircraft landing strips in order to get high up into the heart of chochise's stronghold in the dragoon mountains,,, it's all long since been boldered/blocked off now:(,,, that Paul Newman's dying death scene in the Hombre movie, shot up near Greater ville,ha only by helicopter now, and Man, I'd feathered an arrow into the biggest antlered buck deer I'd ever laid eyes on up in that A.O. onceo_O

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LoL,,, no doubt about the effectiveness of that whole "deny avenue of access" maneuver,,,they've been gradually doing that to me out here in the "tall&uncut" country for the last 20-25 years, blocking off roads that led up to where you'd once used to cross the temperate growth of three different habit zones while in the endeavored hunt for yer' perfect Christmas tree,,, man, I used to have to covertly scamper across a couple of privately owned dirt aircraft landing strips in order to get high up into the heart of chochise's stronghold in the dragoon mountains,,, it's all long since been boldered/blocked off now:(,,, that Paul Newman's dying death scene in the Hombre movie, shot up near Greater ville,ha only by helicopter now, and Man, I'd feathered an arrow into the biggest antlered buck deer I'd ever laid eyes on up in that A.O. onceo_O

I haven't spent any time that far south. I did spend several weeks in the state working in Scottsdale...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Undefeated??? 44 years!??!

Ranch......you needed to add a small child and a burning building to that story. ;)

GMO415

Reaction score
Garrett has complete control over this team. If you ever make it to TC, you'll see him place his input into every aspects of position drills. He looks like a general out there.

He runs his team like Jimmy and Saban did/ does He puts his faith into his Coordinators and let's fly.