CFZ I think it’s Kellen Moore

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It’s the play design and how to put receivers in the correct areas vs the given defense. Kurt Warner had a great breakdown of the 9ers game last year and it was key basic concepts that were lacking.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not a fraud, hes just not good enough to beat the Better defenses. hes not selling anything, hows he a fraud, his employers allowed him to stay the play caller. he should be the Asst.OC, not the OC much like KC has we all know Reid calls the plays but the OC looks like a genius. we need better a play caller and in game play caller that feels the flow and can set up defenses. Moore can design plays, cal them and has decent game plans much like Garett but also like garret seems inept about throwing that plan out mod game and just go in another directions.

KM did lead the #1 offense last year always has top rated offenses, issues are against the better defenses with equal or superior talent he has zero ideas how to beat them. not like we were blown out in many of those games last year even though ewe lost to those better teams it was by close ,argins.its that close in those games, thats how an inadequate play caller gets exposed.
He should still be QB coach and helping or maybe assistant. He uses the same logic as Linehan. Linehan was teaching him. That’s why he abandons the run after we are down. Moore was in full on panic mode in the second half. Elliot with 2 runs.

We are out dated on Offense. Teams just look at last year game plan.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah calling those reverses when the offense was easily moving the ball made no sense. You do that on a sudden change or if you're struggling to move the ball. Plus he does like to abandon the run. If he thought Dak was really limited he'd be running the ball more. So I think it is more him than Dak.
Talk about a momentum killer.

Havic

Reaction score
KM can draw up creative play designs in the dirt that are schemed correctly. The issue with him is he cannot call a game correctly. He is part of the problem, but what are you going to do? Heard MM doesnt even know the terminology of the offense to take over play calling anyways. Moore will be the scape goat this year, MM probably gets 1 more year after that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He should still be QB coach and helping or maybe assistant. He uses the same logic as Linehan. Linehan was teaching him. That’s why he abandons the run after we are down. Moore was in full on panic mode in the second half. Elliot with 2 runs.

We are out dated on Offense. Teams just look at last year game plan.
not teh OL coach the AST OC again he was the OC of some top rated offense, you cant suck and get those rankings. hes just not great play caller, im sure his input can help but MM needs to take over play clal, and sorry your premise saying MM doesn't know our offense was maybe year one, this is year 3 i guarantees he knows the language. Plays are THE SAME language ie Words and audible names are different. he for sure no doubt knows them now. malarky saying he doesn't. show me proof where this season hes come out and said i know nothing about the Cowboys offense. LOL hes an offensive mind a play called for year and you think he hasnt picked up our offense in 2 seasons LMAO..

hes called plays as SB winning OC/HC hes been on teams that went to sbs or played big games. Check his history, been on some great offenses not jst GB on his come up been taught by great offensive minds,. odd a qb can come in and within 3 weeks know and entire playbook and you don't think an OC/HC can not do the same??

Jarntt

Reaction score
Obviously Rush is not a good QB and not in Dak's class, but let's see if things look a little different with Rush going through his progressions more and reading the defense better pre-snap. It's always tough to decipher if it is Dak missing the right guy on each play or the Offensive play calling or the receivers not making the right adjustment or beating their man. Someone needs to be accountable for us never really attempting to throw down the field. I said before I don't know if that was Dak or Moore (probably a little of both), but whomever it was crapped the bed because the defense never felt threatened and never came out of that middle zone or aggressive man and just sat all day on our routes. Even if you don't complete the passes you need to throw deeper to open things up. It's one thing if they are giving huge cushions and dropping into two deep, but they weren't. We just played like **** and I think Moore was definitely part of that, but not all

glimmerman

Reaction score
not teh OL coach the AST OC again he was the OC of some top rated offense, you cant suck and get those rankings. hes just not great play caller, im sure his input can help but MM needs to take over play clal, and sorry your premise saying MM doesn't know our offense was maybe year one, this is year 3 i guarantees he knows the language. Plays are THE SAME language ie Words and audible names are different. he for sure no doubt knows them now. malarky saying he doesn't. show me proof where this season hes come out and said i know nothing about the Cowboys offense. LOL hes an offensive mind a play called for year and you think he hasnt picked up our offense in 2 seasons LMAO..

hes called plays as SB winning OC/HC hes been on teams that went to sbs or played big games. Check his history, been on some great offenses not jst GB on his come up been taught by great offensive minds,. odd a qb can come in and within 3 weeks know and entire playbook and you don't think an OC/HC can not do the same??
I believe it was last year he said he didn’t know the terminology. Don’t mean he don’t know the Offense and he should know it by now. And he needs to take the playcalling over if he sees Moore calling stupid plays. The OC should be putting game plans together each week to attack teams weaknesses. Each team varies. And it varies from year to year. So why is he coming out with the same game plan from the last time we played them. Our Offense has changed. He should especially know we are weak on passing because of the lack of WR talent. And that was the bucs that said he ran the same plan as last year. They studied it and knew the plays before the ball was snapped. If there is no new plays in the book from last year then it’s situational playcalling he sucks at. And the trick plays were not needed in the first game. Ruined drives. By the way did you ever figure out what they were trying to do on those plays. Maybe a double fake jet sweep. Lol.

jsb357

Reaction score
Moore will definitely be gone at the end of this year.

bet.jpg

glimmerman

Reaction score
JJ said he wants to run the ball this year. Moore got a talking to. And if he keeps it up then MM will take it over. Won’t that be a sight on the sidelines. Moore pouting on the sidelines trying to look busy. Talking into a head set that’s been turned off.

Ken

Reaction score
Moore was not the genius people thought. He may be able to read defenses quickly on the field. But that don’t mean he can draw up NFL plays.

He has the same game plan and if our talent on the field can execute it against the opposing defense then we look good and win. I know that some will say yeah thats the way it works. But he is not a situational playcaller and for sure not a situational game planner.

If we don’t get 10 yards a run then he will abandon it. He panics and goes straight pass. Now when we had 3 top WR on the field he could make it work when the QB has time.

Last year… the same game plan we had the talent until injuries. Dak and Elliot and some O-Line. Time to change things up. Nope.

This season he knew our WR corps was not strong. Game plan. The same anyways.

He should have had a field day using the TEs.. We have 3 descent ones and can block. How much did we use 12 personnel. Use the 12 personnel and power run the football and use the TEs on short passes. Play action off that. You have the TEs this year. Furgy and Hendershot can play. They can set up blocks and move the ball.

JJ screwed us on the roster and a good OC and HC should be able to adjust. Unless he is wanting this to happen to fire them at the end of year. He will have to use 1st round pick to get Peyton.

Moore use your dang head and make it work, don’t make it easy on JJ. And if he does fire you then you can get a job somewhere else. MM fire philibin and get Colombo back, take the playcalling and power run. You don’t have rogers anymore.
The first bad move was hiring McCarthy. Just an overrated sloth of a coach.

If you are going to hire the Sloth....you have to let him implement his offense. You can keep Moore, you have to let him call the plays and implement the Sloth's offense. Think of it like Biennemy in KC with Andy Reid's offense.

That would have been so much better. Instead, we have an antiquated offense that hasn't evolved at all and has no "scheme" to it at all. We also have an offensive "genius" head coach who has 0 say in the offense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The first bad move was hiring McCarthy. Just an overrated sloth of a coach.

If you are going to hire the Sloth....you have to let him implement his offense. You can keep Moore, you have to let him call the plays and implement the Sloth's offense. Think of it like Biennemy in KC with Andy Reid's offense.

That would have been so much better. Instead, we have an antiquated offense that hasn't evolved at all and has no "scheme" to it at all. We also have an offensive "genius" head coach who has 0 say in the offense.
Well if MM don’t take over the playcalling then MM will lose his job.. Its not just the plays and the calling. It’s the situational play calling. Your running 5 yards a clip and only do it 10 times with a really good healthy RB.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Well if MM don’t take over the playcalling then MM will lose his job.. Its not just the plays and the calling. It’s the situational play calling. Your running 5 yards a clip and only do it 10 times with a really good healthy RB.
The story this week that McCarthy doesn't know the terminology is concerning. If that is true...he really is just collecting a check, even more so than i originally thought.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I think it's Linehan.

I think it's Moore.

I think its' (insert whoever is next).

Everybody likes to say the one constant for the failures of this team over the past 27 years is Jerry.

Why does the same not apply to the QB position? There's a constant between Linehan and Moore also.

I'm not a Moore fan, but I recognize that he doesn't have the most talent QB to work with also.

come on, that's just lazy. Dak had a terrible game against Tampa but he's not the main reason. He's not in the clear but not the main reason. A good OC works with the tools he's got and plays to strengths.

Let me ask you a question or 2 - is Dak to blame for those stupid trick plays with jet sweeps that ended in negative yards? He just handed the ball off, not his fault, it was the play caller. I could hand them off and I'm 50. Was Dak to blame for those lateral passes that just screamed pick 6 every time and gained about 1 yard each. No, it was the OC.

Last time I checked, it was a team sport so no 1 person is 100% to blame (or be praised) for XYZ but for me, I look at Moore and think time to go pal.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
come on, that's just lazy. Dak had a terrible game against Tampa but he's not the main reason. He's not in the clear but not the main reason. A good OC works with the tools he's got and plays to strengths.

Let me ask you a question or 2 - is Dak to blame for those stupid trick plays with jet sweeps that ended in negative yards? He just handed the ball off, not his fault, it was the play caller. I could hand them off and I'm 50. Was Dak to blame for those lateral passes that just screamed pick 6 every time and gained about 1 yard each. No, it was the OC.

Last time I checked, it was a team sport so no 1 person is 100% to blame (or be praised) for XYZ but for me, I look at Moore and think time to go pal.
I'm not looking at just 1 game.

I'm looking at the entire body of work.

He's not good enough.

erod

Reaction score
Moore was not the genius people thought. He may be able to read defenses quickly on the field. But that don’t mean he can draw up NFL plays.

He has the same game plan and if our talent on the field can execute it against the opposing defense then we look good and win. I know that some will say yeah thats the way it works. But he is not a situational playcaller and for sure not a situational game planner.

If we don’t get 10 yards a run then he will abandon it. He panics and goes straight pass. Now when we had 3 top WR on the field he could make it work when the QB has time.

Last year… the same game plan we had the talent until injuries. Dak and Elliot and some O-Line. Time to change things up. Nope.

This season he knew our WR corps was not strong. Game plan. The same anyways.

He should have had a field day using the TEs.. We have 3 descent ones and can block. How much did we use 12 personnel. Use the 12 personnel and power run the football and use the TEs on short passes. Play action off that. You have the TEs this year. Furgy and Hendershot can play. They can set up blocks and move the ball.

JJ screwed us on the roster and a good OC and HC should be able to adjust. Unless he is wanting this to happen to fire them at the end of year. He will have to use 1st round pick to get Peyton.

Moore use your dang head and make it work, don’t make it easy on JJ. And if he does fire you then you can get a job somewhere else. MM fire philibin and get Colombo back, take the playcalling and power run. You don’t have rogers anymore.
If Brady was here and Dak was in Tampa, we would have won the game 19-3 last week.

Offensive coordinators are wildly overrated. Their quarterbacks put them into position to call "genius" plays.

Show me the great OC that has a craptastic quarterback.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
They are all to blame, but an artist is only as good as the tools he's given to work with.

sorry seems like I'm stalking you but I'm just reading your thread and the artist comment compelled me to reply.....

I'm a hobby artist and yes, I use super expensive oil paints (my wife would have a fit if she realised how expensive some colours are (spelt with a u in English)). However, while I want to use good paint, I could still pull together something pretty decent with my kids cheap acrylic paints at £3 a tub.

I actually think your argument is just a cliche and simply not true. You've made your opinion on Dak pretty clear to all and say he can only deliver surrounded by all-pros. How come you Moore doesn't have to live by those rules with "bus driver Dak". A good OC would?

Sorry Moore, I'm expecting a decent painting even with the kids £3 paint pots.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
sorry seems like I'm stalking you but I'm just reading your thread and the artist comment compelled me to reply.....

I'm a hobby artist and yes, I use super expensive oil paints (my wife would have a fit if she realised how expensive some colours are (spelt with a u in English)). However, while I want to use good paint, I could still pull together something pretty decent with my kids cheap acrylic paints at £3 a tub.

I actually think your argument is just a cliche and simply not true. You've made your opinion on Dak pretty clear to all and say he can only deliver surrounded by all-pros. How come you Moore doesn't have to live by those rules with "bus driver Dak". A good OC would?

Sorry Moore, I'm expecting a decent painting even with the kids £3 paint pots.
Bus driver Dak would be great, but we don't have the o-line or RBs to do that at this point.

Dak is paid WAY to much money for Jerry to allow him to be used that way.

I believe Moore is handcuffed in what he can do.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Bus driver Dak would be great, but we don't have the o-line or RBs to do that at this point.

Dak is paid WAY to much money for Jerry to allow him to be used that way.

I believe Moore is handcuffed in what he can do.

So are you saying it's not Dak's fault, it's Jerry as he's forcing Moore to feature Dak because of the contract.............and that gives Moore a pass?

If that is true (and not saying no to you), then any decent person walks away, looks for a job in which they can deliver to their full potential and take it from there. If Moore is picking up a wage knowingly doing the wrong thing because Jerry told him, walk away, get another OC role and show the world what you've got.

No?