CFZ I think it’s Kellen Moore

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Bologna…..Romo was good. Dak’s right below him. Dak threw 37 TD’s last year. How many other crappy QB’s do that?
Blake Bortles threw for 35 TDs one year.

Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Vinnie Testaverde have all thrown for over 30 in a season.

It's not like it's unheard of, I mean, 9 QBs threw for at least 30 TDs last season. Big whoop.

Aven8

Reaction score
Blake Bortles threw for 35 TDs one year.

Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Vinnie Testaverde have all thrown for over 30 in a season.

It's not like it's unheard of, I mean, 9 QBs threw for at least 30 TDs last season. Big whoop.

It’s a big deal and it’s hard to do. Bortles was also the 3rd overall pick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Moore is in over his head, but it doenst help that he has junk to work with. Many of us warned that the offense would struggle with this Oline.
Of we could get Peters in to rotation we could run the ball even better but Moore had to stick with it. Move the chains. Use these TEs to help. Not sure what they were thinking last week. I would have given them this game as a learning game. But now with Dak injured we have got to tighten up on all phases. Use Turpins speed and why was Tolbert not active. Is he that bad.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Moore was not the genius people thought. He may be able to read defenses quickly on the field. But that don’t mean he can draw up NFL plays.

He has the same game plan and if our talent on the field can execute it against the opposing defense then we look good and win. I know that some will say yeah thats the way it works. But he is not a situational playcaller and for sure not a situational game planner.

If we don’t get 10 yards a run then he will abandon it. He panics and goes straight pass. Now when we had 3 top WR on the field he could make it work when the QB has time.

Last year… the same game plan we had the talent until injuries. Dak and Elliot and some O-Line. Time to change things up. Nope.

This season he knew our WR corps was not strong. Game plan. The same anyways.

He should have had a field day using the TEs.. We have 3 descent ones and can block. How much did we use 12 personnel. Use the 12 personnel and power run the football and use the TEs on short passes. Play action off that. You have the TEs this year. Furgy and Hendershot can play. They can set up blocks and move the ball.

JJ screwed us on the roster and a good OC and HC should be able to adjust. Unless he is wanting this to happen to fire them at the end of year. He will have to use 1st round pick to get Peyton.

Moore use your dang head and make it work, don’t make it easy on JJ. And if he does fire you then you can get a job somewhere else. MM fire philibin and get Colombo back, take the playcalling and power run. You don’t have rogers anymore.
In my defense I never thought this clown was a genius. The only thing on his resume was being linehan's boy toy in detroit then brought to dallas with him. Linehan sucks and so does Kellen Moore. Like who would take any coach seriously that was taught by Scott Linehan? Ridiculous

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Moore never had the proper time to develop as a coach. Yes he can draw up plays but that is a small fraction of what coaches do. He would make a dam good assistant under a guy like andy reid but he needs to learn how to coach players up. He also needs t build a better network of young and proven coaches to hire and run things how he wants them when he's an OC or HC again. It's really a disservice to KM that he was promoted too quick, not his fault.

glimmerman

Reaction score
In my defense I never thought this clown was a genius. The only thing on his resume was being linehan's boy toy in detroit then brought to dallas with him. Linehan sucks and so does Kellen Moore. Like who would take any coach seriously that was taught by Scott Linehan? Ridiculous
Good point.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
When you read the expert pundits, they continuously insult the simplicity of Dallas' offense. What is even worse is that opposing defenders frequently come out and bad mouth the scheme.

Coaching isn't everything. I'm sure that if KM was coaching the 92 team it would still look great but within the things that he can control, Moore looks mediocre at best.

glimmerman

Reaction score
When you read the expert pundits, they continuously insult the simplicity of Dallas' offense. What is even worse is that opposing defenders frequently come out and bad mouth the scheme.

Coaching isn't everything. I'm sure that if KM was coaching the 92 team it would still look great but within the things that he can control, Moore looks mediocre at best.
When I heard the bucs player say all they had to do was study last year and when they played they knew everything they were going to do this year when they lined up let me know nothing had changed. They never planned to. Even with rookie WRs. But also let me know we should have continued to run. Elliot was just about to break one. But 2 rushing attempts in the second half needs to be discussed in the film room with Moore.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Moore never had the proper time to develop as a coach. Yes he can draw up plays but that is a small fraction of what coaches do. He would make a dam good assistant under a guy like andy reid but he needs to learn how to coach players up. He also needs t build a better network of young and proven coaches to hire and run things how he wants them when he's an OC or HC again. It's really a disservice to KM that he was promoted too quick, not his fault.
Exactly.
Moore came up way too quickly, because he was Jerry's guy. He needed a lot more seasoning under someone he could learn the nuances from. Jerry did him no favors in his quest to prove himself as a 'football guy'.

It gets brought up in defense of Dak, in all the Dak threads, that the Cowboys had the #1 offense last season. We would have to believe that either Dak somehow overcame a horrendous OC to accomplish that on his own, or that Moore does have some legit skill as an OC.

I think the latter, but the lack of experience is to much to overcome by whatever 'genius' he does have. He has to learn from his mistakes, in real time, while still focusing on everything else required of him.

Jerry isn't content with ruining players careers. He's now ruining promising young coaches careers.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Exactly.
Moore came up way too quickly, because he was Jerry's guy. He needed a lot more seasoning under someone he could learn the nuances from. Jerry did him no favors in his quest to prove himself as a 'football guy'.

It gets brought up in defense of Dak, in all the Dak threads, that the Cowboys had the #1 offense last season. We would have to believe that either Dak somehow overcame a horrendous OC to accomplish that on his own, or that Moore does have some legit skill as an OC.

I think the latter, but the lack of experience is to much to overcome by whatever 'genius' he does have. He has to learn from his mistakes, in real time, while still focusing on everything else required of him.

Jerry isn't content with ruining players careers. He's now ruining promising young coaches careers.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Moore was not the genius people thought. He may be able to read defenses quickly on the field. But that don’t mean he can draw up NFL plays.

He has the same game plan and if our talent on the field can execute it against the opposing defense then we look good and win. I know that some will say yeah thats the way it works. But he is not a situational playcaller and for sure not a situational game planner.

If we don’t get 10 yards a run then he will abandon it. He panics and goes straight pass. Now when we had 3 top WR on the field he could make it work when the QB has time.

Last year… the same game plan we had the talent until injuries. Dak and Elliot and some O-Line. Time to change things up. Nope.

This season he knew our WR corps was not strong. Game plan. The same anyways.

He should have had a field day using the TEs.. We have 3 descent ones and can block. How much did we use 12 personnel. Use the 12 personnel and power run the football and use the TEs on short passes. Play action off that. You have the TEs this year. Furgy and Hendershot can play. They can set up blocks and move the ball.

JJ screwed us on the roster and a good OC and HC should be able to adjust. Unless he is wanting this to happen to fire them at the end of year. He will have to use 1st round pick to get Peyton.

Moore use your dang head and make it work, don’t make it easy on JJ. And if he does fire you then you can get a job somewhere else. MM fire philibin and get Colombo back, take the playcalling and power run. You don’t have rogers anymore.
kellen is the reason I cant predict dallas, he is not logical at all, and sometimes will do good, or his crap works, but I never know what he will do or not do lol.
I would think he would run 35 + times with cin, but he may throw 50 times instead, I just dont know.

I think they were using the 12 to help pass block instead of running lol. and he rarely runs 2 times in a row.

glimmerman

Reaction score
kellen is the reason I cant predict dallas, he is not logical at all, and sometimes will do good, or his crap works, but I never know what he will do or not do lol.
I would think he would run 35 + times with cin, but he may throw 50 times instead, I just dont know.

I think they were using the 12 to help pass block instead of running lol. and he rarely runs 2 times in a row.
It makes no sense. The bucs using 5-7 defenders and not letting Dak throw but yet we could run for 5 yards a run. But he gives Elliot 10 runs.