CFZ I think it’s Kellen Moore

Brax

Reaction score
They're probably thinking "we literally cannot dumb this down anymore. The other teams already know what we are going to do before we do it.".
It’s funny when you think about it, all everyone heard was #1 offense, QB is elite MVP putting up historic numbers, then they shut down the run game make Dak beat them and it’s Moore who sucks and became a idiot not that he has to work with the talent he has. It also doesn’t help that your QB whisper offense guru HC doesn’t know the offense after 3 years, it’s not Moore it’s on MM for being a lazy yes man do nothing walk around HC who’s only talent appears to be, sorry I can’t think of one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s funny when you think about it, all everyone heard was #1 offense, QB is elite MVP putting up historic numbers, then they shut down the run game make Dak beat them and it’s Moore who sucks and became a idiot not that he has to work with the talent he has. It also doesn’t help that your QB whisper offense guru HC doesn’t know the offense after 3 years, it’s not Moore it’s on MM for being a lazy yes man do nothing walk around HC who’s only talent appears to be, sorry I can’t think of one.
I would say it's a combination of them.

I still think the lack of talent at the QB position is the biggest factor though. It limits everything you can do. You could call the perfect play and Dak won't see it or can't make the throw.

Redline360

Reaction score
Dak should just start calling his own offense like Romo did. Romo was know to change plays and basically ignore the OC and Garret at times

However not sure if Dak is even in the ball park of Romo when it comes to reading defenses

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Moore was not the genius people thought. He may be able to read defenses quickly on the field. But that don’t mean he can draw up NFL plays.

He has the same game plan and if our talent on the field can execute it against the opposing defense then we look good and win. I know that some will say yeah thats the way it works. But he is not a situational playcaller and for sure not a situational game planner.

If we don’t get 10 yards a run then he will abandon it. He panics and goes straight pass. Now when we had 3 top WR on the field he could make it work when the QB has time.

Last year… the same game plan we had the talent until injuries. Dak and Elliot and some O-Line. Time to change things up. Nope.

This season he knew our WR corps was not strong. Game plan. The same anyways.

He should have had a field day using the TEs.. We have 3 descent ones and can block. How much did we use 12 personnel. Use the 12 personnel and power run the football and use the TEs on short passes. Play action off that. You have the TEs this year. Furgy and Hendershot can play. They can set up blocks and move the ball.

JJ screwed us on the roster and a good OC and HC should be able to adjust. Unless he is wanting this to happen to fire them at the end of year. He will have to use 1st round pick to get Peyton.

Moore use your dang head and make it work, don’t make it easy on JJ. And if he does fire you then you can get a job somewhere else. MM fire philibin and get Colombo back, take the playcalling and power run. You don’t have rogers anymore.

So no blame placed on Dak at all? Typical some people wish to use anyone and anything as scapegoats to protect Dak. Sad.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Moore was not the genius people thought. He may be able to read defenses quickly on the field. But that don’t mean he can draw up NFL plays.

He has the same game plan and if our talent on the field can execute it against the opposing defense then we look good and win. I know that some will say yeah thats the way it works. But he is not a situational playcaller and for sure not a situational game planner.

If we don’t get 10 yards a run then he will abandon it. He panics and goes straight pass. Now when we had 3 top WR on the field he could make it work when the QB has time.

Last year… the same game plan we had the talent until injuries. Dak and Elliot and some O-Line. Time to change things up. Nope.

He should have had a field day using the TEs.. We have 3 descent ones and can block. How much did we use 12 personnel. Use the 12 personnel and power run the football and use the TEs on short passes. Play action off that. You have the TEs this year. Furgy and Hendershot can play. They can set up blocks and move the ball.

JJ screwed us on the roster and a good OC and HC should be able to adjust. Unless he is wanting this to happen to fire them at the end of year. He will have to use 1st round pick to get Peyton.

Moore use your dang head and make it work, don’t make it easy on JJ. And if he does fire you then you can get a job somewhere else. MM fire philibin and get Colombo back, take the playcalling and power run. You don’t have rogers anymore.
I might be wrong but I thought Moore ran the number 1 offense last year. Maybe, just maybe, if we had the same personnel this year as we did last year, Moore won't be the problem. I just don't remember a lot of Zoners calling out Moore last year, Then again, I might be wrong.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
when you're trying to make the chicken salad and all you have is chicken ****, they're not much you can do. You can call it chicken salad but you still have chicken ****.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m done with this clown also. What happened to the bright new orphans, the innovation. Tampa Bay read us like a book
According to the bucs players they said “as they laughed” it was easy. Moore used the same exact game plan as last year. That’s what they studied all week. That’s why they knew the routes. But couldnt stop the run. But Moore got frustrated and kept throwing it.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Fixed

I KNOW it’s Kellen Moore...

uvaballa

Reaction score
Yeah calling those reverses when the offense was easily moving the ball made no sense. You do that on a sudden change or if you're struggling to move the ball. Plus he does like to abandon the run. If he thought Dak was really limited he'd be running the ball more. So I think it is more him than Dak.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I thought Moore ran the number 1 offense last year. Maybe, just maybe, if we had the same personnel this year as we did last year, Moore won't be the problem. I just don't remember a lot of Zoners calling out Moore last year, Then again, I might be wrong.
I didn’t like him. He learned from Linehan. He also abandoned a good run game. They knew the plays when we won the SBs in the 90’s. They could not stop it. We do not have same O-Line and WRs anymore. You have to change things up and mix it up. If you can run then don’t abandon it. You had WRs Sunday that was there first NFL game. Playing against players that knew there plays. Lol. Disaster waiting to happen. When the talent is even it comes down to coaching. Like in the playoffs every team is evened up. We are what happens when the teams are even.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Last year at this time you were reading how the Cowboys needed to get rid of McCarthy before someone stole Kellen Moore from us.

From one extreme to another. Week to week even.
No. Another team can have Moore and MM. let Quinn be HC. He will get a better OC. MM said he don’t even know the Offense terminology. So can he take over playcalling.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Moore is a fraud and everyone knows it. He's not the entirety of the problem though. There are people that enable him.

This is just a classic instance of Jerry seeing young coaches like Shanahan and McVay in the league and thinking that he has one too. He really just has a dork that peaked in college, who's father coached football for decades. That's about it.
Not a fraud, hes just not good enough to beat the Better defenses. hes not selling anything, hows he a fraud, his employers allowed him to stay the play caller. he should be the Asst.OC, not the OC much like KC has we all know Reid calls the plays but the OC looks like a genius. we need better a play caller and in game play caller that feels the flow and can set up defenses. Moore can design plays, cal them and has decent game plans much like Garett but also like garret seems inept about throwing that plan out mod game and just go in another directions.

KM did lead the #1 offense last year always has top rated offenses, issues are against the better defenses with equal or superior talent he has zero ideas how to beat them. not like we were blown out in many of those games last year even though ewe lost to those better teams it was by close ,argins.its that close in those games, thats how an inadequate play caller gets exposed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
My opinion is any coordinator is set up to fail when you work for Jerry Jones and Dak Prescott is your quarterback.
I agree. That’s the number 1 problem. JJ is the problem that owns the team. So we can only complain about him. JJ seems to let Moore do what he wants. But JJ said he wants more commitment to the run. Wonder if he had Moore in his office this week.