I think Jerry is throwing the '14 season

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just by bringing back both coordinators. I tried thinking about why he'd bring back Kiffin, but nothing came to mind. Maybe there's a QB he's licking his chops at (Jameis)? I don't know what his logic is, but I'm already ready for next off-season, pretty sad. I was going to go to 2 games next year, but not wasting my money on watching this train-wreck.

*sigh*

Eh. It's just entertainment. Jerra keeps on making money and we keep buying the popcorn.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never was a fan of the Kiffin hire, but why's it so difficult to believe the team likes it's coaching staff? They obviously do, and have never given any indication to the contrary. How come the 8 losses can't be chocked up to defensive personnel limitations?

I'd understand if people were saying we can't fix the defense in a single offseason. But that's not what we're complaining about.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I hope that cowboys do well next year but with the schedule they have to play and the limitations of this coaching staff I don't think they will even reach 8 and 8 . if you watched the champion ship games this weekend u can see how far the cowboys are from competing with these teams.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Address the Dline and you'll see more of what we saw in the 2nd half vs Philly. I doubt we're throwing away a season when this one hasn't been completed.

elcowboi

Reaction score
Just by bringing back both coordinators. I tried thinking about why he'd bring back Kiffin, but nothing came to mind. Maybe there's a QB he's licking his chops at (Jameis)? I don't know what his logic is, but I'm already ready for next off-season, pretty sad. I was going to go to 2 games next year, but not wasting my money on watching this train-wreck.

*sigh*

Well hot ****** I agree with you. Let's not watch the Cowboys this next season since we already know they are shooting for the first pick in the 15' draft....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

*sigh*

If you are not gonna waste your money watching this train wreck...maybe how about go all the way and not post about this train wreck either.

Aven8

Reaction score
Goose was on with Norm this morning and he speculated they didn't make any changes because this is an expensive staff. He said Cally, Kiff, Marinelli, and Bisachia are all top notch coaches as far as salary.

What's funny is if you dump the HC that staff looks pretty darn good by themselves.

fortdick

Reaction score

*sigh*

Exactly the kind of insightful, informed opinion this board is known for.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
He brought back the coordinators bc he doesn't want to have to hire assistants to long term deals then have to clean house after this offseason. It's all about money. It makes sense. Except for the fact that, it makes more sense to clean house now.

It does make sense - that's what's scary. Jerry and sense don't usually get along.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Don't worry. By the time the draft rolls around this past season will be nothing but a distant memory and we'll be back in full "hope" mode. We'll hear about successful mini-camps and keep replaying YouTube videos of our prospects to convince ourselves of all their potential. Then we'll have a prediction thread about the season where we go giddy and predict 11 and 5...maybe even 12 and 4. We'll pray Romo doesn't get hurt, wait for Ware to bounce back, hope for improvements along the lines and excuse any poor play from rookies as newbie mistakes and hear how we'll need to give them 3 years before we can judge the pick or the player. Throw in the standard Garrett coaching miscues that will cost us a game or two and and we'll be right back where we started......wash, rinse, repeat.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

*sigh*

Next year? Heck he's thrown the last 14 years whether he realizes it or not.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If he throwing the season then he should do it properly and get rid of the dead weight.