I think Jerry is throwing the '14 season

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I hope that cowboys do well next year but with the schedule they have to play and the limitations of this coaching staff I don't think they will even reach 8 and 8 . if you watched the champion ship games this weekend u can see how far the cowboys are from competing with these teams.

I saw a lot of bad play on Sunday. A lot of good to be sure, but also a lot of bad.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Listen people, criticism drives Jerry and makes him dig in just singe can prove everyone wrong. No matter how long it takes, maybe it's time to start praising home for being a great GM and maybe he'll start listening to some people that actually know how to build a team over whoever has his ear now... Just saying, hell nothing else has worked.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Jerry thinks he's not punting next season but he essentially is by bringing back the same core players and same coaching staff. Its not worked from a coaching standpoint since Garrett was promoted and I don't have any confidence that Jerry & Co. are going to draft enough impact guys in May to really elevate the talent level. Comebacks from injuries alone are not going to give this team the depth it needs on defense. Plus they are one injury away from a personnel problem on the OL. But the real bottom line for me after watching these playoffs is that this team is nowhere near ready to compete with the top teams in the NFC. They are lacking in players and in coaching. The denial of that is eventually going to produce a 5-11 and it might be next season. If so, at least this coaching group will be cleaned out.

Zordon

Reaction score
If Jerry would commit to this by cutting all of the old losers on this team and go after Jameis Winston, I'd buy season tickets tomorrow.

Aven8

Reaction score
Jerry thinks he's not punting next season but he essentially is by bringing back the same core players and same coaching staff. Its not worked from a coaching standpoint since Garrett was promoted and I don't have any confidence that Jerry & Co. are going to draft enough impact guys in May to really elevate the talent level. Comebacks from injuries alone are not going to give this team the depth it needs on defense. Plus they are one injury away from a personnel problem on the OL. But the real bottom line for me after watching these playoffs is that this team is nowhere near ready to compete with the top teams in the NFC. They are lacking in players and in coaching. The denial of that is eventually going to produce a 5-11 and it might be next season. If so, at least this coaching group will be cleaned out.

I think we can compete during the regular season, but in the playoffs not a chance. Our staff has a lot of experience in big games, but our HC has absolutely diddly. (And no playing as a third stringer on good teams doesn't qualify for big games.)

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's not worrying about fans showing up no matter how the team is doing. They always do.

He hangs his hat on that stadium. The show & brand is more entertaining than anything & I doubt he worries about butts in the seats.

Lodeus

Reaction score
We're screwed when it comes to any bigger named free agents, right?

Lets hope for a good draft and relatively injury free season for any hope I guess.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I hate to be a pessimist, but I don't think Jerruh will have to do much for this upcoming season to be a flop.

We have a brutal schedule...we play the NFC West as well as both the Bears and Saints again - two teams that absolutely destroyed us.

We also play the AFC South which might be our best opportunity to gain some victories. I think we can beat Jacksonville (but who knows). I think we're pretty even as far as overall talent goes with the Titans. The Texans will have a new franchise QB who we will either demolish or let him light us up. And of course, the Colts...I think that's the heartbreaker next year. I think we get up big against Indy and then Andrew Luck does Andrew Luck things and leads his team to a miraculous comeback similar to what Matt Flynn did this year.

I don't see us having the same success in our own division either...

We have a horrid defense with a QB who's health is a big question mark.

6-10...maybe 8-8 again if we're lucky. It's the first time in a while that I've really felt like this team couldn't have some success. I'm not drinking the kool-aid this year because it looks stale, yucky, I'm sick of the flavor and it needs to be dumped out and replaced with a fresh pitcher.

TheStar

Reaction score
It's all just noise. Cowboys lack in talent plain and simple. If all starters stay healthy we can compete. Lose a few and its 136-136, because you always lose starters. 17 years of track record is pretty good indicator of what the next 17 will be when the guy making the decisions is the same. Definition of Insanity. Hello Mr. Jones.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
They better hope Romo comes back healthy. If he's not 2014 will be rough in a big way.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
If Jerry Jones made moves to tank the 2014 season (to get a high pick), Dallas would end up making the playoffs as a wildcard and lose in the 1st round. Because that's how things work in Dallas.

waving monkey

Reaction score
No. Jerry isn't throwing away the season. Not intentionally anyway.

Jerry thinks his team is thiiiisssss close to being a Super Bowl contender. After all, we almost beat Denver. Played the Chiefs and Eagles tough. Packers too. Sure we were destoyed by the Saints and Bears, but those things happen in the NFL.

A couple of less injures on defense and a couple of draft picks and he wouldn't have to go to the Senior Bowl because he's getting ready for the Super Bowl. So why change coaches now when we are almost there? Just a little more input from Larry Lacewell and we are home free.

This is how Jerry thinks. He completely wrong and totally delusional. But that's what he thinks. And that's why he's not making any coaching changes.
I can kinda agree

udas

Reaction score
Just by bringing back both coordinators. I tried thinking about why he'd bring back Kiffin, but nothing came to mind. Maybe there's a QB he's licking his chops at (Jameis)? I don't know what his logic is, but I'm already ready for next off-season, pretty sad. I was going to go to 2 games next year, but not wasting my money on watching this train-wreck.

*sigh*

I dont think Jerry could intentionally throw a season, but keeping the staff in place likely stems from regretting the firing of Rob Ryan. Considering all the injuries and adjusting to a new system, Jones didnt want to cut the chord just yet. Also the fact the team played well in the last game gives him hope for next season that this can be turned around with a couple more players. Lot of people say its

Exclusivejuan

Reaction score
It be nice if he does tank the season. Hopefully he fails miserably like he's been doing all these years and instead they win.