I think Jerry will sell the Cowboys

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I pray that Jerry sells the team.

Then, reality kicks back in.

In no way ever does the Jones family sell this cash cow of a team. Make money hand over fist. Year after year, and still have a crap team.

HEY FANS. STOP BUYING COWBOYS GEAR AND STOP GOING TO THE GAMES.

Forneymike

Reaction score
If you think Jerry or those kids are selling this team, you don't follow the Cowboys.

Valkyr

Reaction score
There's nothing else Cal Worthington could do to get his plastic face on TV every minute except own the Cowboys.

hqdefault.jpg

Motorola

Reaction score
Hey, I know it seems unfathomable, but I also think Jerry knows that he can't go on forever.
I don't think Stephen shares the love for the franchise that Jerry does. To him it's just a business.
No one ever thought Bum Bright would sell, either. But time and life often change perspectives on business.
But I don't get the hate for the post; I guess it's just proof that some here don't know how to post without making smart aleck remarks.
I think it will happen some time in the next two or three years, but it's not a "set in stone" prediction.
More like a casual observation.
Yeah, the Cowboys have had a couple of owners before Jerry.
But now, since he has all three children in charge of all major parts of the franchise, the Jones family will join the ranks of other NFL teams that will be family owned \ directed by - for generations.

Chicago Bears - Halas
Cincinnati Bengals - Brown
Detroit Lions - Ford
Kansas City Chiefs - Hunt
New York Giants - Mara
New Orleans Saints - Benson
Oakland Raiders - Davis
Pittsburgh Steelers - Rooney

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could see it happening after John Stephen Jones (Jerry's grandson) is drafted by the Cowboys and then, leads the team to a SB win. Only then will Jerry rest.

:muttley:

garyv

Reaction score
He's made a fortune with the team, and now he's running them into the ground.
I have thought for a while that the only way the Cowboys could recover is for Jerry to sell or for Stephen to sell when Jerry passes away.
I think we're at a point of no return for Jerry. He knows he can't get back what he once had, and the situation inside the team is grim. Poor morale, poor philosophy, and every step Jerry takes is further from the top.
With the current situation in the United States and the NFL, it would be crazy not to sell to someone who has a fresh perspective and believes in the value of the Cowboys.
Jerry is getting older, and I believe he is simply growing weary of being humiliated by the team every time they go onto the field. It used to be that each time they looked as if they were ready to once again compete, they would go on national television and be embarassed.
Now they are just embarrassing every week.

Way Off on this one !!! it will be passed down to Stephen than passed down to Stephens son......

RS12

Reaction score
What do you mean NOW he is running it into the ground? Have you been in a coma since the mid 90s?

Sydla

Reaction score
If Jerry sells the Cowboys, then prepare yourself for something bad about to hit the NFL. He might be a bad GM but he's a shrewd business guy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have thought for a while that the only way the Cowboys could recover is for Jerry to sell or for Stephen to sell when Jerry passes away.
I think we're at a point of no return for Jerry. He knows he can't get back what he once had, and the situation inside the team is grim. Poor morale, poor philosophy, and every step Jerry takes is further from the top.
With the current situation in the United States and the NFL, it would be crazy not to sell to someone who has a fresh perspective and believes in the value of the Cowboys.
Jerry is getting older, and I believe he is simply growing weary of being humiliated by the team every time they go onto the field. It used to be that each time they looked as if they were ready to once again compete, they would go on national television and be embarassed.
LOL!!!!!! Jerrah will die before he retires as the Cowboys General Manager.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We dream of that possibility, but it's a pipe dream. Speaking of pipes, put down the crack pipe and step back.
Crack kills.
Just sayin'.

Carson

Reaction score
Lol you’re crazy.

There is Stephen, Jerry Jr and Charlotte.

Then I’m sure they’ll pass it down to their kids and so forth

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The list of men that can pay 6 Billion for them is real short. With our luck, Zuckerberg will make Dallas his new fantasy football team.

conner01

Reaction score
Which is the case with all the Dak haters. Their ability to apply reasoning to anything is nill.
Unless we end up with top pick, Dak will be our QB next year and in the near future
If you get the top pick you have a decision to make
But otherwise they sign Dak and hopefully fix our defense

dckid

Reaction score
As much as we want this to happen.. how would Jerry appease his ego? He has some insatiable need to satisfy his ego. He is willing to cut off his nose despite his face, just look at the past 25 years. He is one of those people who needs to always say something and make comments no matter what the issue is.
The value of a sports franchise has never been higher as they are an assett, not a commodity. There are only 32 NFL franchises, they all mint money. I really think it would take 7.5 billion plus to get the Cowboys.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
If Jerry knows one thing well it's business. Buy low sell high. Not sell during a global pandemic in the midst of economic uncertainty when your team sucks balls.