I think more people are starting to see what Dak really is

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's idiotic to rant on and on about players you despise and then turn around and suggest you're a team fan. Notice I'm not speaking of criticism. As bad as players play, I still support them in hopes they play better as a team.
But I couldn't care less if some want to obsess and spend their time trashing.

khiladi

Reaction score
Thought I’d join in:

1. Dak fans were telling us he was better than Herbert, just about a month ago.

2. Dak fans were bashing Amari hard-core last year and throwing all the blame on him for not stepping up.

3. Dak is way more injury prone than Romo ever was and that too, while Romo was getting pummeled on a nightly basis.

4. The fact is, the OL and RG were forcing defenses to play excessive man coverage because of the loader talent we had, meaning it made things much easier for the QB here, who didn’t have to process the field at an accelerated pace. A real franchise QB at the point Dak walked on to this team would have had defenses shaking in their boots, because the offense could dictate to the defense what they were doing.

I don’t want to hear it. This has been a wasted experiment and Dak-Stan’s have zero credibility regarding what good QB play actually is. This was seen a mile coming, when the franchise that was primed for a SB run became depleted of talent and they would need to rebuild again. You don’t build a roster around Dak, like you do a QB like Herbert. Dak lucked into a roster ready for a SB run and this incompetent FO thought they could get by cheap via Dak.

The other problem is the FO listened to their young roster that was ‘hip to Dak’ as they all were boys with Dak, not Romo and they bash ally practiced and hung out and partied with him. You don’t listen to young rookies who are brash and cocky and completely over-inflated in their views because of a win streak. Early success is often an impediment to long-term growth.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
The reality is the excuses for Dak in respect to other QBs like Stafford doesn’t hold. Stafford got a SB in a single year when his wasn’t in a disaster franchise,

Dak walked into a top flight OL and RG and this FO baby-sat him along the way and removed every impediment that jeopardized his growth. They gave him consistency in offense and tailored the offense to his skill-set, dumbing it down for his inability to process the field. They removed the deeper drop backs because he sucks at it.

They didn’t even allow Romo to win his starting job back or take reps from him, because they were worried about Dak’s confidence. They used to say he wasn’t a practice guy, but had the ‘it’ factor and a leader on the field.

Woodson had doubts on him for years and Aikman in reality knew he wasn’t accurate from the get go.

This is a QB that took a week to throw a TD in training camp in year 3. He played abysmal football, like amongst the worst QBs for his stretches of his career. Even when the offense was ‘number 1”, he always fell back to stretches of play by a QB that were amongst the worst in the league, such as third form efficiency.

Facts of the matter is the story written by his fans are nothing but re-writing the actual script. 7 years going on 8 and he is what he is.

He is not a QB you build a franchise around period.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His supporters here are starting to dwindle after years of us being harassed for our opinions on him. This isn't a "I was right" post. This is my vindication for years of abuse.

As it should. I was a Dak fan at one point. But, you start seeing the same guy year after year not win the big games and it becomes clear he's not the guy. Some people just have more tolerance for excuses than I do and hang on to hope longer.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
The only thing this FO has going for them is they can point to the Dolphins who picked Tua over Herbert. I would have sold everything to get that guy to build around. It’s insane I was literally ‘debating’ with dudes on here who were dumping in Herbert to prop up Dak. It was like bizarro world that these guys could be so delusional to even hold such a position.

Look at the dimes this man drops in his second year as the full time starter.

You don’t tailor on offense to a real QB that can make every throw, you just put things on him at a decent pace so he’s not over loaded all at once. This is a QB that is an OC dream. Here we are on year 8 talking about our OC needing to have Dak run a little bit more to try and open the offense up.

Insane..

Last edited:

Aftershock

Reaction score
The reality is the excuses for Dak in respect to other QBs like Stafford doesn’t hold. Stafford got a SB in a single year when his wasn’t in a disaster franchise,

Dak walked into a top flight OL and RG and this FO baby-sat him along the way and removed every impediment that jeopardized his growth. They gave him consistency in offense and tailored the offense to his skill-set, dumbing it down for his inability to process the field. They removed the deeper drop backs because he sucks at it.

They didn’t even allow Romo to win his starting job back or take reps from him, because they were worried about Dak’s confidence. They used to say he wasn’t a practice guy, but had the ‘it’ factor and a leader on the field.

Woodson had doubts on him for years and Aikman in reality knew he wasn’t accurate from the get go.

This is a QB that took a week to throw a TD in training camp in year 3. He played abysmal football, like amongst the worst QBs for his stretches of his career. Even when the offense was ‘number 1”, he always fell back to stretches of play by a QB that were amongst the worst in the league, such as third form efficiency.

Facts of the matter is the story written by his fans are nothing but re-writing the actual script. 7 years going on 8 and he is what he is.

He is not a QB you build a franchise around period.
It's ok man once Dak comes back and he throws 65% / 300 yds against the Texans and Jaguars, people are going to come out of their caves and talk about how Dak is just as good as Herbert / Mahomes / Allen

khiladi

Reaction score
Again this emphasize:

Dak, even when he played amongst the worst football of any QB, in year 2 was the highest rated QB against the blitz. That’s how deceptive stats to prop him up have been. Teams blitz often times in desperation. If the blocking is top flight, which it has been for Dak since he got here, a blitz just exposes your backfield. And many average QBs have really good numbers against the blitz in limited situations as they tend to become less indecisive and make throws by instinct.

The reality is, Dak has always SUCKED against zone. Even when Amari got here, his numbers show up with Amari on man coverage, but Dak still sucked against zone and would simply fall back into a dink and dump QB, who would often times immediately just fall back to his check-down route. With a punishing RG that could wear down defenses, it worked. But now that those days are slowly going bye bye, teams simply just fall back into coverage and make Dak try and beat them with his arm.

Dak is SLOW processing the field, which is what has confused people. He can make the throws on his early reads when he knows where he is going, meaning the pressure is on the OC to get him reads quickly. But how often can you do that?

He’s always sucked against zone coverage and defenses were never really threatened by his arm. They just had to account heavily for the OL and RG, to the point that played so much man coverage.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I just hope the @Whirlwin gets back on his QB bandwagon. It hurts to see the wind falling off the wagon. maybe he needs to train more with his NFL running backs.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Reading is fundamental smh. Emotions have y’all hopefully just playing stupid to win an online discussion.

there is no winning this discussion. It’s a polarizing topic and most people are take committed one way or the other- they either think dak is good enough or they don’t. It’s why it’s almost pointless getting involved in the conversation to begin with but sometimes boredom gets the best of us all.

And who cares about winning an online argument ? Lol.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
yeah, sure thing. and you are the genuine article...its just that its and article everyone wants to forget ;)
Compared to you im definitely the genuine article but that isn’t saying much. Like I said you’re just too “smart” to know anything hence why you couldn’t show proof of your bogus claims.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
My opinion of Dak hasn't wavered at all. He's a good qb that had a bad game, and got injured. Nothing more, nothing less.

This one game doesn't prove much of anything except that yall seem to be very happy about this injury, which says alot about yall.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
there is no winning this discussion. It’s a polarizing topic and most people are take committed one way or the other- they either think dak is good enough or they don’t. It’s why it’s almost pointless getting involved in the conversation to begin with but sometimes boredom gets the best of us all.

And who cares about winning an online argument ? Lol.
You care about winning an online argument or maybe you’re just not good at reading. I want to say you’re just being emotional over Dak and not a bad reader. If you want to disagree be my guest.

I do agree with your other points on this discussion though

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You care about winning an online argument or maybe you’re just not good at reading. I want to say you’re just being emotional over Dak and not a bad reader. If you want to disagree be my guest.

I do agree with your other points on this discussion though

there is no argument to win. It will have to play out over time on the field. No matter what I say I’m not changing opinions and I know that. Where’s the beef? Emotional over dak why? I’ve said he needs to be better, I’ve said he’s not good enough by himself to make a team a contender, I said he’s not elite. I just think he’s better than some here think and better than the alternative of blowing everything up for the chance to find better via the draft which is a crapshoot.

you responded to and quoted me, not the other way around. I’m not sure why that makes my reading comprehension poor- because I responded to the insinuation that a poster made there’s a case to be made in their opinion that Jamis Winston is better than dak? Yes, I feel that’s hyperbolic and a bit much but again that’s my opinion and I can’t change any minds if that’s how someone feels.

I’m just offering opinion and perspective to certain points to offer a different point of view. This is an online forum and differences of opinion are good for conversation but there’s no argument to “win”.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
His supporters here are starting to dwindle after years of us being harassed for our opinions on him. This isn't a "I was right" post. This is my vindication for years of abuse.
From one bad game? Unlikely. This looked like 2018 all over again. Dak is not elite, but he is not the issue. A weak OL and only 1 WR who would play meaningful downs anywhere but Dallas, along with an OC who loves trick plays and double reverses more than a 5 yard per average run game is the problem that won’t improve with the QB playing better.