I think Oline will be Ok

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It won’t matter.

We’ve had 3 first team all pros on the line at the same time with the league’s rushing leading running behind it and didn’t even win a playoff game.

6-8 wins, hopefully less, give me that high draft pick.
No matter what anyone writes you follow with whining. You are the real life embodiment of the Debbie Downer character on SNL.

I'm convinced if someone said something as innocent as thinking the Cowboys helmets are cool you would follow with "it doesn't matter, they lost in the playoffs wearing those helmets".

You must be miserable to be around.

BTW, if the team is so bad that it only wins 6 games there is much more wrong than a high draft pick would fix.

Last edited:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the team views Tyler as the starting LT, but feels pretty good about Richards as well. The plan is probably to come up with the best combination on the left side from among Tyler, Richards and Bass.

Center is the spot that worries me. I didn't even think Hoffman was worth keeping after the preseason and now he's the placeholder. He played fairly decently at center when given opportunities during the season, but I think he will get exposed if he's the starter. Of course, that's why I think we'll be drafting a center early.
This draft has a good selection of centers. Hopefully, that's their 1st selection.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Tyler had an excellent season at guard. I don't know how much credit that OL coach deserves for that. Our rookies (Bass and Richards) also looked pretty good. Maybe the problems had more to do with continuity/injuries and Steele being slow to come back from his knee injury than the OL coach.
Run blocking was pretty terrible all around. Big Duke talked about this and blamed the blocking scheme.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This draft has a good selection of centers. Hopefully, that's their 1st selection.
Based on our FA strategy, that would be my plan. Our line was at its best when we had Travis Frederick at center. I'd like to try to recreate that. ... And it would make me want to keep Tyler at guard if we could, thinking about having Tyler, a first-round rookie and Martin together in the middle of the line. Hope that Richards can build on what he showed last year to give us the option of doing that, if we get a top-quality center.

We may not get a shot at JPJ, but we possibly will have one at Barton and if not, Frazier. I want one of those three because there's a drop-off to the next group, which might be more of what we had in Biadasz.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Run blocking was pretty terrible all around. Big Duke talked about this and blamed the blocking scheme.
I think the run blocking was a problem, particularly with Steele, when it is typically one of his strengths, but I also think the run game in general contributed to it. We took a back who is at his best in space and ran him between the tackles more often than not. I also was not pleased with our center play and thought, other than Steele, it was our weakest link.

It was both a poor scheme for our personnel and some poor execution of that scheme.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the run blocking was a problem, particularly with Steele, when it is typically one of his strengths, but I also think the run game in general contributed to it. We took a back who is at his best in space and ran him between the tackles more often than not. I also was not pleased with our center play and thought, other than Steele, it was our weakest link.
I agree on the run blocking. I don't think Steele was fully recovered from his inury. He seemed to improve later in the season. Hopefully he will be back to 2022 form this season

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No matter what anyone writes you follow with whining. You are the real life embodiment of the Debbie Downer character on SNL.

I'm convinced if someone said something as innocent as thinking the Cowboys helmets are cool you would follow with "it doesn't matter, they lost in the playoffs wearing those helmets".

You must be miserable to be around.

BTW, if the team is so bad that it only wins 6 games there is much more wrong than a high draft pick would fix.
I noticed you didn’t say I was wrong though.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I noticed you didn’t say I was wrong though.
I absolutely think you are wrong about 6-8 wins, and I absolutely think you are wrong about the benefit of a high draft pick if the team were so bad it it could only manage to win 6 games or less. My bet is you were saying something similar a year ago about not managing a winning record.

Obviously I cannot argue the team will be a Super Bowl contender, but that wasn't my point anyway. My point was that it's ridiculous to try and twist every discussion about individual aspects of the team into something negative. It seems your mission to try and ensure nobody can enjoy a discussion about anything related to the team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I absolutely think you are wrong about 6-8 wins, and I absolutely think you are wrong about the benefit of a high draft pick if the team were so bad it it could only manage to win 6 games.

Obviously I cannot argue the team will be a Super Bowl contender, but that wasn't my point anyway. My point was that it's ridiculous to try and twist every discussion about individual aspects of the team into something negative. It seems your mission to try and ensure nobody can enjoy a discussion about anything related to the team.
If you allow my opinions to affect your enjoyment of the Cowboys then that’s on you.

I don’t allow homers opinions to affect my watching of the Cowboys.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you allow my opinions to affect your enjoyment of the Cowboys then that’s on you.

I don’t allow homers opinions to affect my watching of the Cowboys.
You think your opinion affects my enjoyment of the Cowboys? lol Do you somehow think that by acting ridiculous on this site you cause people to think about you as they watch the games, and it ruins the experience for them?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think we go OT if a good one is there. I think we go Center or move down if guys like Guyton or Morgan are all that's left at OT.

morasp

Reaction score
All these guys would be upgrades to Tyler the farther down you go the longer the development time and smaller the amount of upgrade.

Barton
Powers-John
Nourzad
Van Pran-Grazer
Frazier
Samac

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You think your opinion affects my enjoyment of the Cowboys? lol Do you somehow think that by acting ridiculous on this site you cause people to think about you as they watch the games, and it ruins the experience for them?
I wouldn’t have thought that at all if you didn’t respond the way you did.