I think Oline will be Ok

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Tyler had an excellent season at guard. I don't know how much credit that OL coach deserves for that. Our rookies (Bass and Richards) also looked pretty good. Maybe the problems had more to do with continuity/injuries and Steele being slow to come back from his knee injury than the OL coach.
Scrub RBs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think the run blocking was a problem, particularly with Steele, when it is typically one of his strengths, but I also think the run game in general contributed to it. We took a back who is at his best in space and ran him between the tackles more often than not. I also was not pleased with our center play and thought, other than Steele, it was our weakest link.

It was both a poor scheme for our personnel and some poor execution of that scheme.
Scrub RBs

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I think the team views Tyler as the starting LT, but feels pretty good about Richards as well. The plan is probably to come up with the best combination on the left side from among Tyler, Richards and Bass.

Center is the spot that worries me. I didn't even think Hoffman was worth keeping after the preseason and now he's the placeholder. He played fairly decently at center when given opportunities during the season, but I think he will get exposed if he's the starter. Of course, that's why I think we'll be drafting a center early.
If Philly doesn’t go corner, I have a feeling they will grab a lineman we want. Those pricks draft two OL almost every draft.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Philly doesn’t go corner, I have a feeling they will grab a lineman we want. Those pricks draft two OL almost every draft.
I don't know if they need a center, though. They drafted Cam Jurgens to be Kelce's replacement a couple years back.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Scrub RBs
Relying on Pollard to be the starter (without any real competition) and then trying to make him a between-the-tackles runner certainly contributed. I bet his average goes back up in Tennessee, where they will use him more as part of a tandem and in space.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This draft has a good selection of centers. Hopefully, that's their 1st selection.
I think that getting a center that can play at a high level is really the only realistic way this team can get better right away.

Then hope Bass can build on last year, move Smith to LT for the next decade and play the season.

Wont matter because they are woefully short on the other side of the ball and there’s no real way to fix that in one off-season. Despite what Stephen and a few people around here want to proclaim, teams aren’t going to be cutting good players by the heard in the coming months.

Even if they do, why are they coming here on lowball offers?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't know if they need a center, though. They drafted Cam Jurgens to be Kelce's replacement a couple years back.
Philly loves to draft for two seasons away. Davis for Cox, Jurgens for Kelce, depending on who is there, time to draft Brown’s replacement. Because it’s about time to pay Smith. Can’t have two $20 million receivers, not with a $50+ million QB.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No matter what anyone writes you follow with whining. You are the real life embodiment of the Debbie Downer character on SNL.

I'm convinced if someone said something as innocent as thinking the Cowboys helmets are cool you would follow with "it doesn't matter, they lost in the playoffs wearing those helmets".

You must be miserable to be around.

BTW, if the team is so bad that it only wins 6 games there is much more wrong than a high draft pick would fix.
:clap:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you allow my opinions to affect your enjoyment of the Cowboys then that’s on you.

I don’t allow homers opinions to affect my watching of the Cowboys.
He's saying your negative posts affect people's enjoyment of this forum, not the team.

Beaker42

Reaction score
If we draft powers in the first round and move Tyler Smith to left tackle and fill left guard with someone on the team already and we should be a solid line.
Why can’t folks recall how good Richards looked in PS when Tyron was rehabbing. We don’t need to spend a 1st round pick on OL - we can go BPA.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think that getting a center that can play at a high level is really the only realistic way this team can get better right away.

Then hope Bass can build on last year, move Smith to LT for the next decade and play the season.

Wont matter because they are woefully short on the other side of the ball and there’s no real way to fix that in one off-season. Despite what Stephen and a few people around here want to proclaim, teams aren’t going to be cutting good players by the heard in the coming months.

Even if they do, why are they coming here on lowball offers?
we cant afford to lose big hank ,hope Mazi improves his second year and if the draft fell this way we are in the money for competing despite what debbie downers on here may go with. This is just 2 drafts with no trades I realize its rare that it goes like the simulators but my point is if the cowboys do a good job (much better than last year) they can improve the team and if they were lucky to find a partner to trade down with and pick up a 4th as well its not dire.The cupboard isnt bare. Id love JPJ in the first and Sweat in the second maybe eichenberg in the 3rd. myself but its doubtful it works like that

bud914

Reaction score
No matter what anyone writes you follow with whining. You are the real life embodiment of the Debbie Downer character on SNL.

I'm convinced if someone said something as innocent as thinking the Cowboys helmets are cool you would follow with "it doesn't matter, they lost in the playoffs wearing those helmets".

You must be miserable to be around.

BTW, if the team is so bad that it only wins 6 games there is much more wrong than a high draft pick would fix.
Go easy on him. Can you imagine having to go thru life that miserable. Doubt he ever gets invited anywhere.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What else are you taking at that pick? A hit on an OL late first doesn’t seem to be bad value at all.
MLB, DT like Sweat or yes OL(top center) but for sure BPA at any of those 3 if its tie i might take the MLB , I agree with the OP we could go with what we have on the roster and be ok..