I think Oline will be Ok

slick325

Reaction score
Hoping they land a LT in the 1st. Then take advantage of the deep Center draft. Grab one in the 3rd round or trade into the 4th. I believe a really good starter at the position will still be available there.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If we draft powers in the first round and move Tyler Smith to left tackle and fill left guard with someone on the team already and we should be a solid line.
It was ok last year. Ok is not good enough.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am telling you an offensive line of Tyler, Bass, Hoffman. Martin, and Steele is not bad. Imagine the offense with one of those young receivers like Mitchell/Coleman and Benson at running back. I would improve the skill positions on offense.

Motorola

Reaction score
If we draft powers in the first round and move Tyler Smith to left tackle and fill left guard with someone on the team already and we should be a solid line.
Longtime Eagles great center just retired.
That division rival has the 22nd pick in the upcoming draft - two spots ahead of the Cowboys.
PHL just might chose the highest ranked center prospect to replace their legend.

Graham Barton, or Zach Frazier at 56 is very good if Powers is off the board in the first round.

Sedrick Van Pran at 87 is ideal.

chuck520

Reaction score
...fans wanting to lose....and it's the best post of the morning....you guys deserve each other. Losing now doesn't guarantee winning later. Give me your thoughts on that.....
Fans that root against the team arent true fans

rambo2

Reaction score
I absolutely think you are wrong about 6-8 wins, and I absolutely think you are wrong about the benefit of a high draft pick if the team were so bad it it could only manage to win 6 games or less. My bet is you were saying something similar a year ago about not managing a winning record.

Obviously I cannot argue the team will be a Super Bowl contender, but that wasn't my point anyway. My point was that it's ridiculous to try and twist every discussion about individual aspects of the team into something negative. It seems your mission to try and ensure nobody can enjoy a discussion about anything related to the team.
He is wrong every year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why can’t folks recall how good Richards looked in PS when Tyron was rehabbing. We don’t need to spend a 1st round pick on OL - we can go BPA.
Yikes

If that worked, every team would do it

75boyz

Reaction score
I agree to an extent. And thats to say I think the group has enough talent to be an overall good line but I just don't think Solari has a clue on teaching a proper run scheme as evidenced by last year.

Technique stuff is an issue with Steele's drop in performance after a really strong runblocking '22.
I don't just chalk it all up to his knee injury for his steep decline either.
Solari is more to blame imo.

If we had a better run blocking oline coach they would be just fine. Their pass protection is already good.

Replace the current OL coach with someone with a clue at teaching run blocking and they would be good at both.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I agree to an extent. And thats to say I think the group has enough talent to be an overall good line but I just don't think Solari has a clue on teaching a proper run scheme as evidenced by last year.

Technique stuff is an issue with Steele's drop in performance after a really strong runblocking '22.
I don't just chalk it all up to his knee injury for his steep decline either.
Solari is more to blame imo.

If we had a better run blocking oline coach they would be just fine. Their pass protection is already good.

Replace the current OL coach with someone with a clue at teaching run blocking and they would be good at both.
we had scrub RBs.

Also, Solari been around for many seasons. Wears the ring.

shabazz

Reaction score
...fans wanting to lose....and it's the best post of the morning....you guys deserve each other. Losing now doesn't guarantee winning later. Give me your thoughts on that.....
Ranch, the alternative was continuing to do business as usual....and we both know that hasn't worked.

I'm actually looking forward to see how this new approach pans out......just as soon as I figure out exactly what the new approach is. :muttley:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ranch, the alternative was continuing to do business as usual....and we both know that hasn't worked.

I'm actually looking forward to see how this new approach pans out......just as soon as I figure out exactly what the new approach is. :muttley:
Wanting to lose is not in my DNA....I look at things from players and coaches perspectives, not fans that think losing now will, automatically, lead to wins. Players and coaches careers are at stake. You think they want to lose? All these guys with one year contracts and their careers on the line? I don't think they want to to lose.

PurpleHaze22

Reaction score
So we take a downgrade at LT & LG. Rookie center. RG another year older and a sieve at RT.

Sounds like it will be fine.
Do you remember one of our best rushing games was when Bass and Hoffman started because of injuries.I remember the announcers described them as being nasty and playing with a mean streak.They also will save us a lot of money.I'm sure if there is a stud offensive lineman available they might draft him, but I wouldn't be too worried if we go with Bass and Hoffman and move Smith to tackle.