I think that was Lance's breakout game and won't look back

khiladi

Reaction score
@khiladi

this one was for you
Your so obsessed you’d even lie about it bruh.., nobody claimed this team was SB bound with Dalton.. what they did say is they could get better results than Dak with the LOADED roster, as you Dak homers were telling us Dak was carrying the team..

Praxit

Reaction score
why is the mobility for a QB important? manning, brady, herbert, burrows, etc. none of them are running QBs.....Jackson is the best of the bunch and he is 2-4.

you mistake the QB position for RB position perhaps.
..the ability to scramble, makes good QB really dangerous. Adds another problem for defenses.

Since we've never had a QB with legs, its nice to have.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
..the ability to scramble, makes good QB really dangerous. Adds another problem for defenses.

Since we've never had a QB with legs, its nice to have.
the ability to make tight throws. the ability to read defense. the ability to go to different options. makes a QB really dangerous. everything else is gravy. if he can't do these things, I don't care if he runs the 100M in 9.85 seconds. he is going to suck as a QB.

so far, he is very average on the top 3 essentials of a QB. he is good in the last on the list.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Honestly, I think there has become a new QB Battle in Dallas.

And I'm not taking about the battle for QB2 either...

Dak better be ready come week 1.
Not sure about breakout game.... More like finally knocking some rust off... he is still qb3 unless he really balls out the next PS game then maybe rush might be worried.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your so obsessed you’d even lie about it bruh.., nobody claimed this team was SB bound with Dalton.. what they did say is they could get better results than Dak with the LOADED roster, as you Dak homers were telling us Dak was carrying the team..
well, it was for your pleasure, you were madly in love with Dalton. but then came a list of your excuses longer than the great wall of china.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
If there's one thing Dak worshipers want to see even more than their fraudulent god buying himself a new mansion with the undeserved money he's once again trying to steal from the Cowboys, it's to see Lance fail.

Such a predictable bunch lol.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
...well, I wont get all happy Go>Lucky.

But I like what I see from Lance. His mobility is SO>>>> refreshing. This guy can literally make 1st downs with his feet alone.

He's getting better. If he does well Vs Chargers. Come week one, its going to get interesting.
The only problem I have with running qb's is they get injured more often. I must admit that the dude is elusive.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
If there's one thing Dak worshipers want to see even more than their fraudulent god buying himself a new mansion with the undeserved money he's once again trying to steal from the Cowboys, it's to see Lance fail.

Such a predictable bunch lol.
It's not that I want to see Lance fail, I want to see the Cowboys succeed. I don't have any other agenda. I just want my boys to win no matter who is playing. I root for Dak because he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Pretty simple.

I don't really think its Dak worshipers, I think it's Cowboy's worshipers.

jujoboys

Reaction score
If that was a breakout game he is screwed.

I really like Lance but I don’t know if you guys watched the game or not be he sucked in the first half. He looked much better than last week but that was not a breakout game that’s insulting to him.
It's almost laughable the amount of Lance Kool-aid being slurped up over what I consider a mediocre performance in a PRESEASON game. Like you said, he was pretty bad in the first half and played better in the 2nd half. However, by comparison the preseason game Will Grier had in preseason against the Raiders last year makes Lance's performance against the Raiders look mediocre.

Grier 29 - 35 (82.9%) 305 yds passing 8.7 YPA 2 TDs 0 INTs 10 Rushes for 53 yds 2 Rushing TDs
Lance 15 - 23 (65.2%) 151 yds passing 6.6 YPA 1 TD 0 INTs 7 Rushes for 34 yds 1 Rushing TD

Grier outperformed Lance in every category and he is 4th on the Eagles' QB depth list. I will say this. I was encouraged by Lance's performance in the 2nd half. However, at this point he is competing with Rush and Dak is on a completely different level.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's almost laughable the amount of Lance Kool-aid being slurped up over what I consider a mediocre performance in a PRESEASON game. Like you said, he was pretty bad in the first half and played better in the 2nd half. However, by comparison the preseason game Will Grier had in preseason against the Raiders last year makes Lance's performance against the Raiders look mediocre.

Grier 29 - 35 (82.9%) 305 yds passing 8.7 YPA 2 TDs 0 INTs 10 Rushes for 53 yds 2 Rushing TDs
Lance 15 - 23 (65.2%) 151 yds passing 6.6 YPA 1 TD 0 INTs 7 Rushes for 34 yds 1 Rushing TD

Grier outperformed Lance in every category and he is 4th on the Eagles' QB depth list. I will say this. I was encouraged by Lance's performance in the 2nd half. However, at this point he is competing with Rush and Dak is on a completely different level.
That's another thing and a conversation no one wants to have.......its only been 2 games for Lance but i've been more impressed with Grier than Lance he has all the same excuses people want to give Lance. He wasn't playing witht he best talent and i'd argue he probably was playing with worse talent.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Honestly, I think there has become a new QB Battle in Dallas.

And I'm not taking about the battle for QB2 either...

Dak better be ready come week 1.
:rolleyes: :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They need to create a ComedyZone or TwilightZone. Lol

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Aint this sweet but Trey got some business to attend to before all the nookie nookie starts.

75boyz

Reaction score
No disrespect intended and I'm ready for QB1 change of my favorite team as much or more than anyone.

But Lance still has a long, long way to go to becoming a competent starter in the NFL.

It's okay to acknowledge that while we want and need a change from Dak in order to ever get any further than playoff one and done...

It's also okay to admit that Trey Lance "most likely" won't be the one to lead this team to any further playoff success.

Both can be true.
It's a sad reality.
But it is reality.

Yet ultimately, change is definitely still needed.

Last edited: