I think that we are set to finally see the potential of this team unleashed

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not sure where you’ve been but I’ve been predicting it for about 25 years. Let me guess , you aren’t that old .

Someone only needs to be around the last 14 years to know your history and support of the horrid Garrett. You defended him at every turn against all comers day and night. Now that he is gone your seem depressed. Despite the obvious fact that this team has had one of the best off seasons in 25 years. Defense has been revamped and coaching staff was blown up. Offense got a burst as well with the best WR in the draft.

Yet your little hero Garrett is gone? I guess its all tears and depression for you eh?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I defended Garrett against the Lynch Mob. If you’d paid any attention beyond our discussions you’d of seen my label as the Greatest Puppet was a mockery of Jerry.

I don't recall there ever being a thread about puppets? You simply defended Garrett against anything that was said about him. You loved Garrett. And you looked dumb doing it.

Now that MM is here, you don't like him. LOL

Why? Because he "isn't the best puppet of all time"? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

What kind of fan talks about "best puppets"?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Someone only needs to be around the last 14 years to know your history and support of the horrid Garrett. You defended him at every turn against all comers day and night. Now that he is gone your seem depressed. Despite the obvious fact that this team has had one of the best off seasons in 25 years. Defense has been revamped and coaching staff was blown up. Offense got a burst as well with the best WR in the draft.

Yet your little hero Garrett is gone? I guess its all tears and depression for you eh?
You still have never grasped my support of Garrett against the Lynch Mob. And how many pages will you waste on this thread .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't recall there ever being a thread about puppets? You simply defended Garrett against anything that was said about him. You loved Garrett. And you looked dumb doing it.

Now that MM is here, you don't like him. LOL

Why? Because he "isn't the best puppet of all time"? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

What kind of fan talks about "best puppets"?
Fans who are targeting Jerry’s meddling and distractions.

And I Defended Garrett cause he wasn’t the sole reason for our lack of success .

blueblood70

Reaction score

The shackles have finally been removed from this team and they now have actual, bonafide, NFL level coaching.

yet you still need to cover, tackle , and get turnovers.. no scheme will make them better playmakers, simply a better defense but really the excuses are running in knee high doo doo on both sides of the ball when i saw players who weren't catching, throwing, tackling , and getting TOs when they needed them..

funny we have like 4 new big name DL, a new safety , and Diggs drafted , LVE/Crawford back, last years team with those coaches would have naturally been better..no way to KNOW this scheme was the blame

If Garett started this season with those players, CeeDee and other added a better kicker etc etc im betting we would be more successful than last season..given the win one lose one up and down years, well this year we were due ..

im not saying McCarthy and the new staff wont improve our team but come on this roster is much improved outside of maybe losing BJ..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think that we are set to finally see the potential of this team unleashed. Not only from the players that have been here, but the number of new faces that have been added. Maybe I'm homering out, but my optimism is sky-high with the 2020 Dallas Cowboys. I confess to always feeling some measure of this at the start of each new season, but it feels much higher this season. And the reports on players, coaches, schemes and lineups only serves to increase it.

The front office has remade the defensive line in one offseason. And not with bums, but with proven veteran talent. These guys have Pro Bowl pedigree, and the Cowboys somehow got all of them for far less than what anyone could have expected.

Dallas had a phenomenal draft and somehow managed to see the best receiver in the draft fall in their laps. They followed that up with several more hits and positions of need.

And now they finally have a capable, creative coaching staff in place putting it all together.

I think the results are going to be stark and that this team is going to finally show the potential they've had for several years now. The roadblocks have been removed and this team has a real shot to win a championship this year.

Defense might be rough, with them trying to learn a very new system, but the offense should be stellar from swapping out The Red Anchor for McCarthy.

I love adding McCarthy's WC knowledge, talent, and experience with Moore's Coryell + Boise State. Attack the entire field, in time and space. The UnGarrett.

Be like water, my friend.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think that we are set to finally see the potential of this team unleashed. Not only from the players that have been here, but the number of new faces that have been added. Maybe I'm homering out, but my optimism is sky-high with the 2020 Dallas Cowboys. I confess to always feeling some measure of this at the start of each new season, but it feels much higher this season. And the reports on players, coaches, schemes and lineups only serves to increase it.

The front office has remade the defensive line in one offseason. And not with bums, but with proven veteran talent. These guys have Pro Bowl pedigree, and the Cowboys somehow got all of them for far less than what anyone could have expected.

Dallas had a phenomenal draft and somehow managed to see the best receiver in the draft fall in their laps. They followed that up with several more hits and positions of need.

And now they finally have a capable, creative coaching staff in place putting it all together.

I think the results are going to be stark and that this team is going to finally show the potential they've had for several years now. The roadblocks have been removed and this team has a real shot to win a championship this year.

200.gif
Somehow I just saw this thread now.

With you sir....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fans who are targeting Jerry’s meddling and distractions.

And I Defended Garrett cause he wasn’t the sole reason for our lack of success .

You loved Garrett. You defended Garrett against absolutely everyone and everything. You still do it now.

And miraculously, the team isn't good enough now and MM is fat. LOL

All BLUES and no DIEHARD? Poor guy.

You will still see your hero twice a year when we play the Giants.

I don't hear you defending Dak against the idiots that blame him for everything? I guess that doesn't suit your Garrett love agenda?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Actually winning in the end may be about one play one way or the other.

It may be about a BS call that cant be fixed.

Maybe about catching the right playoff matchup at the right time.

New Orleans was the best team in 2018-19 for example.

Let's just get in a spot where we have a CHANCE to make the right thing happen is all we need.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yet you still need to cover, tackle , and get turnovers.. no scheme will make them better playmakers, simply a better defense but really the excuses are running in knee high doo doo on both sides of the ball when i saw players who weren't catching, throwing, tackling , and getting TOs when they needed them..

funny we have like 4 new big name DL, a new safety , and Diggs drafted , LVE/Crawford back, last years team with those coaches would have naturally been better..no way to KNOW this scheme was the blame

If Garett started this season with those players, CeeDee and other added a better kicker etc etc im betting we would be more successful than last season..given the win one lose one up and down years, well this year we were due ..

im not saying McCarthy and the new staff wont improve our team but come on this roster is much improved outside of maybe losing BJ..

LOL...………..Garrett had 10 years to bring in DT's like we did. Garrett had 10 years to fire all his coaches and bring in people he wanted. Garrett had LAST year to let Moore do EVERYTHING and he didn't.

Garrett had 4 years to cut Heath and get a safety in here. Did he do it?

Talent, coaching, scheme, adjustments all matter and they have all been upgraded in one offseason.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’ve been depressed for over 25 years. Garrett was just another extension of the crap Jerry had delivered. He was a product of the dysfunctional organization as I always maintained. He was just my favorite puppet cause of his Cowboy history.

When you’re as frustrated as I’ve become after 60 years of fandom you do what you can to entertain yourself.

So if you want to believe we’re saved by Fat Mikey like some thought we were with Big Tuna, then you go right ahead.

But don’t expect everyone to because the one constant and biggest cancer is still here. I have no hope we’ll win another championship as long as Jerry is GM and face of the Cowboys.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Defense might be rough, with them trying to learn a very new system, but the offense should be stellar from swapping out The Red Anchor for McCarthy.

I love adding McCarthy's WC knowledge, talent, and experience with Moore's Coryell + Boise State. Attack the entire field, in time and space. The UnGarrett.

Be like water, my friend.

So last years defense wasn't rough?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’ve been depressed for over 25 years. Garrett was just another extension of the crap Jerry had delivered. He was a product of the dysfunctional organization as I always maintained. He was just my favorite puppet cause of his Cowboy history.

When you’re as frustrated as I’ve become after 60 years you do what you can to entertain yourself.

So if you want to believe we’re saved by Fat Mikey like some thought we were with Big Tuna, then you go right ahead.

But don’t expect everyone to because the one constant and biggest cancer is still here. I have no hope we’ll win another championship as long as Jerry is GM and the face of the Cowboys.

LOL...…….."Garrett is my shining light" Was your EXACT quote. And you spoke glowingly about him and defended him against all comers for 14 years.

I applaud Jerry for firing your loser hero Garrett and hiring a REAL coach and allowing him to hire his own staff. I applaud Jerry for an incredible draft and allowing a REAL HC to stock his own team the way he wants it.

Sorry that your little puppet Garrett isn't here to pump you up for the season. LOL

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Not only did he defend Garrett, he argued with everyone that we should accept Garrett as the best coach the team could get and we shouldn’t have any hope whatsoever of upgrading.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

When you’re as frustrated as I’ve become after 60 years of fandom you do what you can to entertain yourself.

But don’t expect everyone to because the one constant and biggest cancer is still here. I have no hope we’ll win another championship as long as Jerry is GM and face of the Cowboys.

What's the matter MM isn't hot enough for you? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I judge our head coaches on how they coach, not how they look.

You are one pathetic fan. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL...…….."Garrett is my shining light" Was your EXACT quote. And you spoke glowingly about him and defended him against all comers for 14 years.

I applaud Jerry for firing your loser hero Garrett and hiring a REAL coach and allowing him to hire his own staff. I applaud Jerry for an incredible draft and allowing a REAL HC to stock his own team the way he wants it.

Sorry that your little puppet Garrett isn't here to pump you up for the season. LOL
He never did which is what you are missing little man.

Like another poster stated. Give it a couple years with similar lack of success as the others and you’ll be blaming this HC too. Tick tock

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not only did he defend Garrett, he argued with everyone that we should accept Garrett as the best coach the team could get and we shouldn’t have any hope whatsoever of upgrading.
Amazing how fans need hope to root for their team. Lol

I can’t wait to hear the excuses with this HC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

He said many times how good of a coach Garrett was. How he built the team and changed the culture here.

Now that Garrett gets fired he keeps trying to pawn his affections off that it was only that "garrett was the best puppet". LOL

Most pathetic lie and redirect I have ever seen on here.

Then when pressed harder he finally just admits he enjoys picking the "less popular side of an argument" because its fun for him.

In other words, he is a complete troll that likes to argue just for the sake of it.

He once told me that whenever he types an opinion he "I always leave myself an out in the post so that I can deny it if it ever comes back to bite me". And he thought that was really smart on his part. :facepalm: