I think that we are set to finally see the potential of this team unleashed

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by stasheroo, Aug 16, 2020.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

37,463 Messages
    24,807 Likes Received
    this team is a legitimate contender NOW!!!

No longer is Garrett here to screw it all up. Scheming, game planning and in game management will be top of the line good.

Just hearing the things that come out of MM's mouth is night and day.

MM:
    "everything we do will be about winning"
    "Spread things out on offense and be aggressive"

Garrett:
    "Its a process"
    "stack good days on top of good days"
    "we like our guys"
    "take what the defense gives you"
    "were getting back to what we do best and that's run the football"

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    stasheroo likes this.
  2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

45,154 Messages
    22,809 Likes Received
    :clap:

My thoughts too. It's pretty obvious we have the talent, ESPECIALLY on offense.
    There's no reason NOT to feel optimistic about this offense, especially with an offensive-minded coach. And if we fix the defense too? The NFC Championship should be the floor.

stasheroo and 817Gill like this.
  3. CowboyRoy

37,463 Messages
    24,807 Likes Received
    If we fix the defense?

A 5 years old could predict how good this offense can be. But what is your analysis of the capabilities of the defense?

4. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

5,405 Messages
    9,538 Likes Received
    So unfair to those slightly above average guys. An all-pro can still look good despite the other guy knowing what’s happening. Guys like Chido who are B- to B players need coaching and scheme on their side so they can elevate their play. Can’t expect non superstars to be able to work through all that and excel.

5. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

5,405 Messages
    9,538 Likes Received
    Nice breath of positivity from you lol

6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

45,154 Messages
    22,809 Likes Received
    I've said a new scheme would produce more turnovers. I never thought it was SIMPLY the players. I'm predicting more interceptions this year than last year.
    Defensive pressure will be key to how this defense performs. That's still iffy. We don't know how Aldon Smith will adjust to being out of the league for a few years. We don't know if Gregory will be back. Griffen was a good pick up. Poe and McCoy are veterans who can man the middle, but they're up in age.

I see optimism and an improved defense. How improved? That remains to be seen. But I think even if we have marginal improvement, our offense will carry this team. I see a few 40 burgers and at least five games we'll top 30.

7. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

38,287 Messages
    22,620 Likes Received
    Darn , I thought all we were needing is a HC like Fat Mikey. Funny how fans forget we had Parcells with no better results.

Our best hope is immediate success. The longer it goes the more impatient and meddling Jerry becomes as his distractions are too toxic environment to overcome.

The only exception is when we have by far the most talent in the league.

8. bsbellomy

bsbellomy Well-Known Member

2,840 Messages
    2,660 Likes Received
    Its easy to get excited this time of year, but we've had super bowl caliber teams pretty much every year since Romo was installed and have been let down every year. This doesnt feel any different to me, it felt like to me McCarthy was gonna be another Jerry puppet. I really hope im wrong.

stasheroo likes this.
  9. bsbellomy

bsbellomy Well-Known Member

2,840 Messages
    2,660 Likes Received
    Everybody thinks they have the most talent in the league (at least their fans do).

10. Diehardblues

38,287 Messages
    22,620 Likes Received
    Yep

He was a cancer when Jimmy built the best team in Cowboys history and won back to back championships. It hasn’t just been the last 25 years. We just had the greatest team by far in the league to overcome . But it still cost at least one Championsip and probably more.

11. Diehardblues

38,287 Messages
    22,620 Likes Received
    That’s great . Who will they blame this year when they come up short?

Not many teams are winning championships this era without an Elite QB and or Defense. We don’t have either.

12. CowboyRoy

37,463 Messages
    24,807 Likes Received
    Those are maybe/general type predictions for the defense. I feel more confident to make some bolder predictions.

As it stands right now...……………..with everyone healthy...………..the Cowboys have one of the best front 7's in all of football. Aldon will a beast that can be used as a RDE in the 4-3 or the 3-4 with his added weight. We can also slide him inside as a DT in the 4-3 on passing downs. Perfect compliment with Griffin. The pass rush will be amazing this year and I would be shocked if teams had success running on this front 7. They are power packed to be a top notch running defense. Offense will light it up and give defense the ability to tee off. Sack numbers are going to jump. Lawrence will have his best season as a pro. IF healthy this defense has the ability to be a top unit no question about it.

Secondary is a big concern but having Ha Ha back there instead of the horrid Heath is a big upgrade.

If we could somehow get Wilson in at safety starting instead of Woods that would be amazing.

Take out Heath and Jones, two of the worst play makers in football and bring in Clinton and a top play making type rookie in Diggs. Definitely more turnovers. I do see some coverage issues especially early and Nolan's risk taking and young CB will mean we get burned on defense in the passing game. And teams will be winging it trying to play catchup most of the time.

This team is a true contender NOW!!

tyke1doe likes this.
  13. Diehardblues

38,287 Messages
    22,620 Likes Received
    It’s typical Homerism during off season. And that’s fine. We need cheerleaders. Reality doesn’t begin until after Labor Day.

14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

65,517 Messages
    127,398 Likes Received
    The same as Belichick went to as a head coach without Tom Brady.

15. CowboyRoy

37,463 Messages
    24,807 Likes Received
    Predicting doom and gloom then? Because your hero got fired I guess?

Cowboys have an amazing team with a much improved defense and a total upgrade in coaching with the firing of your long lost hero Garrett.

Certainly no team wins championships with a loser like Garrett at the helm. Whats the matter, you don't think coaching is important? I guess your history on coaching answers that question.

Once again you show a complete lack of ability to analyze your own team.

So what is your prediction another 8-8 season if healthy?

16. Diehardblues

38,287 Messages
    22,620 Likes Received
    McCarthy probably won’t be a puppet anymore than Parcells was.

17. Diehardblues

38,287 Messages
    22,620 Likes Received
    I’m not sure where you’ve been but I’ve been predicting it for about 25 years. Let me guess , you aren’t that old .

18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

7,075 Messages
    9,116 Likes Received
    The OP woke up this morning and decided to boost his ego with some free likes. The result was a milquetoast post that makes Redball’s stream of consciousness posts look hard-hitting. “Hey guys, Garrett’s gone, we won the draft, everything’s great!” It seems he was genuinely surprised that some people weren’t moved by this nonsense, which is odd since he’s embarrassed every other day on here.
    But yeah, the homers never learn on here... fast forward to next year, they’ll have the same stupid expressions in there face wondering what went wrong.

19. CowboyRoy

37,463 Messages
    24,807 Likes Received
    No one was a bigger cheerleader during the Garrett years then you were.

Poor little Diehardblues without his hero Garrett its all BLUES and no DIEHARD?

20. Diehardblues

38,287 Messages
    22,620 Likes Received
    No, I defended Garrett against the Lynch Mob. If you’d paid any attention beyond our discussions you’d of seen my label as the Greatest Puppet was a mockery of Jerry.