1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

I think the Dak deal is already done

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DasSchnitzel, Feb 15, 2020.

1. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,389 Messages
    2,830 Likes Received
    I dont have much more to add than the thread title.

I'll just say this. Jerry loves Dallas in the news cycle. Dak is dominating the news cycle week after week and will until he signs. Theres nothing to be gained by signing Dak now vs. at the last minute. The only thing that changes is how much Dallas is in the news, and Jerry wouldnt want that to go away.

Think about it. For over a year theyve been close. We all saw how long the Jason Garrett thing dragged on, basically as long as it could.

This just seems like classic Jerry and I think we've all bought into his game.

2. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,280 Messages
    35,941 Likes Received
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

79,692 Messages
    53,649 Likes Received
    Garretts situation has nothing to do with Dak's. Garrett had a contract that was expiring and Jones just didn't want to fire him.

4. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

3,441 Messages
    7,972 Likes Received
    I respectfully disagree. If they had a deal Dak would have said so publicly when asked.

The team is probably trying to low-ball Dak with an offer in the Goff and Wentz range.

Dak has earned a big contract with his excellent play the past 4 years. The team made a mistake by not signing him a year ago, and that’s going to increase the price they will have to pay now.

5. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

9,681 Messages
    16,573 Likes Received
    Not sure if it's done....yet but an announcement within the next week or so would not surprise me at all. Coop decision now makes time a liability for Stephen.

6. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,338 Messages
    17,061 Likes Received
    Why would Dak play along with that? Dak doesn't benefit from this dragging out.

7. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,068 Messages
    46,103 Likes Received
    Jerry would like nothing more than to get a buttload of attention immediately, so I don't think he'd put off the news for a minute more than he had to. It's not like he can't find something new and stupid to say or do, to stay in the spotlight.

Besides, Dak's camp isn't gonna just sit on the news with new potential clients out there.

8. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,584 Messages
    7,406 Likes Received
    As long as he's reasonable, it'll get done.

817Gill likes this.
  9. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,855 Messages
    5,047 Likes Received
    yeah....alrightythen

pjtoadie likes this.
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

15,097 Messages
    23,974 Likes Received
    Jerry getting his cookies by watching this drama continue does nothing for him.......and certainly does nothing for the way people view Dak as greedy.............I don't agree with the OP because it makes absolutely no sense.

11. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

1,241 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    Dak should be exactly in their range. But I think all 3 will be overpaid like most QBs

Wizarus and Runwildboys like this.
  12. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

15,975 Messages
    19,335 Likes Received
    Normally, an announcement is made immediately whenever a Cowboys QB is signed.

Since that isn't the case at this point in time, I believe it probably hasn't happened yet.

cern, pjtoadie and Runwildboys like this.
  13. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

26,202 Messages
    14,681 Likes Received
    Jerry always Milks the Marketing attention. Always has, always will....

Runwildboys likes this.
  14. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,469 Messages
    15,936 Likes Received
    When he signs he'll get double the exposure, so......

Techsass and Runwildboys like this.
  15. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

42,790 Messages
    25,824 Likes Received
    So, Dak Prescott and his agent are colluding with Jerry and Stephen Jones to keep a mutually agreed upon contract secret for gratuitous media seeking purposes?

[​IMG]

Cowfan75, wrongway, Proof and 4 others like this.
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,045 Messages
    102,092 Likes Received
    Long offseason.

GMO415 and pjtoadie like this.
  17. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

22,136 Messages
    38,031 Likes Received
    While I agree that being the team that dominates the media is always Job 1 with Booger, I do not think the deal is done yet. It will be done and they're already amenable to it but if it were done, the Joneses would have to draw Prescott and his agent into their little media web and I don't see that happening. They are milking this because they've got the time and they have the accomplices with the media unable to draw breath without saying something about Booger or the Cowboys, which are synonymous now.

For this team to be so dominant in the media and so mediocre on the field demonstrates just how pathetic sports journalism has become and I am thankful the only crap I follow is what is transferred to this forum. And I still do not know 90% of these talking heads posting in videos here. And I am glad not to know them.

ESisback and Runwildboys like this.
  18. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

3,909 Messages
    4,160 Likes Received
    I love the smell of a conspiracy theory in the morning!

19. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

21,441 Messages
    50,884 Likes Received
    True. It could be done. Jerry loves keeping the media & fanbase at bay.

20. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,075 Messages
    5,102 Likes Received
    The popular narrative for many (frustrated fans AND haters)is a FO of bumbling fools, but IMHO, there’s more there.

Techsass likes this.