1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

I think the Dak deal is already done

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DasSchnitzel, Feb 15, 2020.

1. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

22,171 Messages
    38,081 Likes Received
    More bumbling fools? Egads man, isn't the father and son act enough????

Techsass, ESisback and Runwildboys like this.
  2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

42,543 Messages
    43,691 Likes Received
    Jerry doesn't need to keep a signing secret to keep Dallas in the news. The pundits do the job for him actually.

Player X is available, Dallas may be interested = clicks

Maybe a deal on principal is close, but I think if there is a deal, they would want it out there. Especially Dak and his agent. As then it means any endorsements can start that much sooner.

DallasEast, ESisback and Runwildboys like this.
  3. CouchCoach

22,171 Messages
    38,081 Likes Received
    Problem with that is his agent. If he got his deal, no way he's not announcing that, there are prospective clients watching this.

The problem for Prescott's agent is the FO is already known for being round heeled with a WR, DE and RB and actually capitulated to a RB with 2 years left. However, if he can get top dollar for a Tier 2 QB, he's a superstar agent. And the fact thet he didn't bite last year just shores that up.

4. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,095 Messages
    46,167 Likes Received
    Conspiracy theory? No, I had quesadillas for dinner last night.

ESisback likes this.
  5. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,095 Messages
    46,167 Likes Received
    As then it means any endorsements can start that much sooner.[/QUOTE]

Very good point.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  6. CouchCoach

22,171 Messages
    38,081 Likes Received
    I will be very surprised if he gets any more than he already has, which is more than any other QB. And don't know if he would be interested as much in supplementing 30M+ a year and a fat signing bonus.

I think he's been playing the Money for Nothing game because of his comparatively low salary and opportunities because he's the DC QB but he's already pushing the envelope. Aikman had a lot of opportunities he passed on. No QB ever cashed in on endorsements like that ***** Manning.

7. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    2,085 Likes Received
    Disagree. Dak's agent is waiting for the salary cap figures to be released March 1. Once they see those numbers, they'll know how much over they want to go. My opinion (might stink).

Techsass and Shinaoi like this.
  8. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

3,487 Messages
    4,132 Likes Received
    :hammer:

9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

34,063 Messages
    14,356 Likes Received
    :)

Runwildboys likes this.
  10. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    2,839 Likes Received
    Maybe Jones didn't want to fire him early because the Dallas Cowboys Head Coach situation was trending daily. Everyone just assumes that the billionaire is a buffoon that cant make up his mind but I think he knew exactly how to keep the spotlights on.

Or maybe I'm just bored with the offseason.

11. SSoup

SSoup Well-Known Member

801 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Dragging out the perception of a contract negotiation just to stay in the headlines is dumb, because all those headlines are creating the perception that we're a bumbling mess right now. Which makes the team (or the product he's selling) look worse to consumers. And makes us look like a less appealing option to any free agent we might be interesting in luring here (or talking into staying).

So, no, I don't think the deal is done. Besides, he could announce the deal is done and move on to milking the Amari Cooper or Byron Jones negotiations for drama and headlines. Or the yearly "Jerry's might do something crazy in the draft this year, y'all" storyline. It's not like we lose our ability to stay relevant in the media landscape the second we re-sign our QB.

DasSchnitzel and ESisback like this.
  12. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

15,400 Messages
    13,856 Likes Received
    I’ll make JJ a deal. For only 10% of what Dak wants, I’ll sign a ten year contract with no raises.

We will build the entire offense around my ability to hand the ball off with the occasional wildcard of a screen pass.

13. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,076 Messages
    5,103 Likes Received
    Good points!

14. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

7,994 Messages
    11,251 Likes Received
    [​IMG]
    Only the Tag at best no mega-deal for Dak!!!!

15. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

2,338 Messages
    2,041 Likes Received
    I agree with everything you said except the low ball being in wentz and Goff range. That’s exactly where it should be and I’m a Dak supporter

16. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

3,441 Messages
    7,972 Likes Received
    Perhaps so, but those deals are a year old already and Dak now has the leverage those two didn’t since he is no longer under contract.

It was a mistake not getting Dak signed last year and that’s why he will get a bigger deal than Wentz and Goff when he eventually signs. Jerry is to blame for this.

starfan1 likes this.
  17. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

14,941 Messages
    12,473 Likes Received
    I think both sides know what other wants so it’s fairly close
    It will be done in next 30 days I think

Techsass and Hawkeye0202 like this.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

33,550 Messages
    12,894 Likes Received
    If Dak’s deal was done it would be announced. The Texans are working on re-signing Deshaun Watson this offseason. Dak and his agent are probably waiting to see what Watson gets. Dak is going to want more than Watson. If Dak’s deal was already done he would want it announced before Watson’s deal is done. He’s not going to want it to appear that he signed for less than Watson. Continuing to wait to re-sign Dak is a distraction. This is not something Jerry wants to drag on.

19. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

16,897 Messages
    17,671 Likes Received
    I think it’s done also. The question is does he want to steal thunder from the combine or the draft. I think the draft. Maybe make it look like we maybe trying to move up to get a QB and then BOOM. Dak signed to 4 years and 140 million making him the highest paid QB for 37 seconds until mahomes gets paid.

20. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

4,217 Messages
    4,974 Likes Received
    These media guys take pride in having the exclusive or being to first to report a new scoop. So I'm pretty sure some media element has slready paid Dak for the info. Meaning we will know before the ink is dry.