I think the Dak deal is already done

starfan1

Reaction score
Perhaps so, but those deals are a year old already and Dak now has the leverage those two didn’t since he is no longer under contract.

It was a mistake not getting Dak signed last year and that’s why he will get a bigger deal than Wentz and Goff when he eventually signs. Jerry is to blame for this.
No argument there

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I dont have much more to add than the thread title.

I'll just say this. Jerry loves Dallas in the news cycle. Dak is dominating the news cycle week after week and will until he signs. Theres nothing to be gained by signing Dak now vs. at the last minute. The only thing that changes is how much Dallas is in the news, and Jerry wouldnt want that to go away.

Think about it. For over a year theyve been close. We all saw how long the Jason Garrett thing dragged on, basically as long as it could.

This just seems like classic Jerry and I think we've all bought into his game.
Totally ridiculous. Dak needs to be signed so the entire rest of the players and offseason can begin.

vnick

Reaction score
I don't think the deal is done yet, but deadlines make deals. The first of these is March 10. If it's not done then and he's tagged, I don't expect one done until right before the July deadline.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry getting his cookies by watching this drama continue does nothing for him.......and certainly does nothing for the way people view Dak as greedy.............I don't agree with the OP because it makes absolutely no sense.
I don’t know why people believe in propaganda. The franchise doesn’t play games. They put out a number and either you except it or not and you go back and renegotiate. I totally agree the OP is off

yimyammer

Reaction score
I dont have much more to add than the thread title.

I'll just say this. Jerry loves Dallas in the news cycle. Dak is dominating the news cycle week after week and will until he signs. Theres nothing to be gained by signing Dak now vs. at the last minute. The only thing that changes is how much Dallas is in the news, and Jerry wouldnt want that to go away.

Think about it. For over a year theyve been close. We all saw how long the Jason Garrett thing dragged on, basically as long as it could.

This just seems like classic Jerry and I think we've all bought into his game.

Wouldn't surprise me if this deal is already done on a handshake but Jerry told Dak, we gotta drag this out as long as possible for maximum press, so keep stirring the pot until we make it "official"

Sunday 02/09/20 at 8:39 PM

DHCBF66

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. If they had a deal Dak would have said so publicly when asked.

The team is probably trying to low-ball Dak with an offer in the Goff and Wentz range.

Dak has earned a big contract with his excellent play the past 4 years. The team made a mistake by not signing him a year ago, and that’s going to increase the price they will have to pay now.
The Cowboys offered him$33 million,it was Daks GREED that didn't make it happen! He doesn't deserve to be making more $$$ than Russell Wilson.....

cern

Reaction score
I think the deal was done last year. Same for cooper and byron jones.