I think the Dak deal is already done

GenoT

Reaction score
I dont have much more to add than the thread title.

I'll just say this. Jerry loves Dallas in the news cycle. Dak is dominating the news cycle week after week and will until he signs. Theres nothing to be gained by signing Dak now vs. at the last minute. The only thing that changes is how much Dallas is in the news, and Jerry wouldnt want that to go away.

Think about it. For over a year theyve been close. We all saw how long the Jason Garrett thing dragged on, basically as long as it could.

This just seems like classic Jerry and I think we've all bought into his game.
:facepalm:

Put down the crack-pipe...now, back away from the crack-pipe.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You don’t have much more to add than the thread title because you’re just throwing crap at the wall. A contract extension with your starting QB who’s rookie deal is up is not something you drag on if a deal is already done. There’s talk that Dak may not show up for OTA’s and training camp if a new deal isn’t reached. This is becoming a distraction.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Dragging out the perception of a contract negotiation just to stay in the headlines is dumb, because all those headlines are creating the perception that we're a bumbling mess right now. Which makes the team (or the product he's selling) look worse to consumers. And makes us look like a less appealing option to any free agent we might be interesting in luring here (or talking into staying).

So, no, I don't think the deal is done. Besides, he could announce the deal is done and move on to milking the Amari Cooper or Byron Jones negotiations for drama and headlines. Or the yearly "Jerry's might do something crazy in the draft this year, y'all" storyline. It's not like we lose our ability to stay relevant in the media landscape the second we re-sign our QB.

Good post

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I think I want to believe that there's a method to the madness, surely we arent as clueless as we appear.

I'm bored, it's the offseason. Thank you all for talking me out of my tinfoil hat.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think I want to believe that there's a method to the madness, surely we arent as clueless as we appear.

I'm bored, it's the offseason. Thank you all for talking me out of my tinfoil hat.

You’re not alone many on this board don’t use common sense. The boredom of the offseason contributes to it. Fans have too much time to think up stupid stuff. I’m sure Jerry dragged on Garrett’s firing because he enjoyed the drumroll that kept the fan base on the edge of their seats and the Cowboys in the news but Dak’s contract extension is an entirely different situation. Frustration is building on Dak’s part and this could start to get nasty. As of right now he won’t commit to showing up for offseason work. The sooner we get him re-signed the better.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The last thing the Cowboys want to do is continue to have to talk about Dak’s contract situation the entire offseason. We have a new head coach and are trying to bounce back from an 8-8 season. We have a starting QB who’s starting to show signs of being disgruntled. I’m sure everyone in the organization including Dak is getting tired of talking about his contract extension. Dragging on Zeke’s and DLaw’s contract situations last offseason certainly didn’t help us. Not saying that contributed to the disappointing season we had but who knows.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hey, just because you might think there is no deal done yet is no reason to give up that hat.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have complete confidence in our bumbling fools who have proven this era they truly have provided evidence to have confidence in their every decision separating themselves from the rest of the league. Go Cowboys !

Brax

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. If they had a deal Dak would have said so publicly when asked.

The team is probably trying to low-ball Dak with an offer in the Goff and Wentz range.

Dak has earned a big contract with his excellent play the past 4 years. The team made a mistake by not signing him a year ago, and that’s going to increase the price they will have to pay now.
9-7 and 8-8 against in the weakest division in football and no play off success is excellent play? What a sad take on Dak's weekly mediocrity of play .

JJHLH1

Reaction score
9-7 and 8-8 against in the weakest division in football and no play off success is excellent play? What a sad take on Dak's weekly mediocrity of play .

You conveniently left out his 13-3 and 10-6 seasons and win over Seattle and Wilson in the playoffs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak’s deal was done it would be announced. The Texans are working on re-signing Deshaun Watson this offseason. Dak and his agent are probably waiting to see what Watson gets. Dak is going to want more than Watson. If Dak’s deal was already done he would want it announced before Watson’s deal is done. He’s not going to want it to appear that he signed for less than Watson. Continuing to wait to re-sign Dak is a distraction. This is not something Jerry wants to drag on.

How some of you will come crashing down this spring as Dak will NEVER see a new mega-deal contract either as a Cowboy or from any other NFL team.

P.S.Watson is by leaps and bounds a better QB than Dak so comparing them insults the game of football!

garyo1954

Reaction score
How some of you will come crashing down this spring as Dak will NEVER see a new mega-deal contract either as a Cowboy or from any other NFL team.

P.S.Watson is by leaps and bounds a better QB than Dak so comparing them insults the game of football!

You weren't having Mexican food today were you?

A couple of guys in the next booth were talking about it and one said....

"I'll tell you why he wants all that money. Cuz he knows he ain't sniffing a Super Bowl the way he plays. And he probably won't be playing much longer at that rate."

I was like, "Whoa, somebody from Cowboy Zone!"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Dak and Watson have been comparable. Both have a 1-2 playoff record, however Dak never QB’d a team that blew a 24 point lead, especially in the playoffs.

P.S. Dak will see a mega deal contract extension in Dallas and when he does I’m going to slam you with this post. It’s been bookmarked! :thumbup: By the way you’re one of the worst contributors to this board I’ve ever seen. Absolutely clueless!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak and Watson have been comparable. Both have a 1-2 playoff record, however Dak never QB’d a team that blew a 24 point lead, especially in the playoffs.

P.S. Dak will see a mega deal contract extension in Dallas and when he does I’m going to slam you with this post. It’s been bookmarked! :thumbup:

Remember last spring?
You Dak-Zoids got slammed down as the season started and ended and still no contract for Dak.
Being you've already experienced the reality slam down get ready for Part II this coming spring.
I have never been wrong here and this will not be my first time concerning deer in the headlights Dak.

P.S. You like those 3 FG vs the Eagles for the division title? Games like those assure Dak failure to achieve franchise QB status!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Remember last spring?
You Dak-Zoids got slammed down as the season started and ended and still no contract for Dak.
Being you've already experienced the reality slam down already get ready for Part II this coming spring.
I have never been wrong here and this will not be my first time concerning deer in the headlights Dak.

P.S. You like those 3 FG vs the Eagles for the division title? Games like those assure Dak failure to achieve franchise QB status!!!

I never got slam down, I made no prediction on when he would be re-signed only that he would be re-signed. Sometimes I think you only come here to get slammed down. If these are the kind of predictions you throw at the wall good luck finding anything you’ve ever posted that ended up being right. Lol You’re going to get slammed down big-time when Dak re-signs. Hope you have a good marinade for the crow you’ll be eating.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
You conveniently left out his 13-3 and 10-6 seasons and win over Seattle and Wilson in the playoffs.
How did those championship games work out, oh there wasn't any, Dak folded but if you are happy with good to average you are entitled to that opinion.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I'll just say this. Jerry loves Dallas in the news cycle. Dak is dominating the news cycle week after week and will until he signs. Theres nothing to be gained by signing Dak now vs. at the last minute. The only thing that changes is how much Dallas is in the news, and Jerry wouldnt want that to go away.

Think about it. For over a year theyve been close. We all saw how long the Jason Garrett thing dragged on, basically as long as it could.

This just seems like classic Jerry and I think we've all bought into his game.

I was thinking the same with the Zeke deal.

Jerry is in the sports entertainment business. It's all about the eyeballs.