I think you put the $40 million man back in the lineup next week for that big NFC East showdown

visionary

Reaction score
Next week will be a huge test because we have been relying on the run game and the Eagles will not let us run like we have

I would start Rush because I’m not sure Dak is healthy. Let Dak start against the Lions. We have to be smart. Can’t get Dak hurt again

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That Buhumbug won’t win any games for us. Many commentators and analyzers have said the reasons we are winning are as follows:

Defense
Turnover free
Running the run game well

Two of those things will disappear when Dak returns (turnovers will return, and the run game will dissipate). We will start to lose again. They do not need to bring him back unless something happens to Rush.
You keep saying that we are gonna lose and we keep winning...keep throwing crap on the wall, it'll stick eventually! What a fan! LOL!

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Next week will be a huge test because we have been relying on the run game and the Eagles will not let us run like we have

I would start Rush because I’m not sure Dak is healthy. Let Dak start against the Lions. We have to be smart. Can’t get Dak hurt again

We can't keep going on win streaks?

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Cooper rush played his part and didnt mess up and helped the team go 4-1. Now this is a road game at the Linc and we need the Dak to show he is Big time and help us get this win next sunday. I think this game is too big for Rush and we need to do everything we can to get Dak ready. The offense needs to score to win next week and can't keep depending on the defense. And Cooper is limited since he is not a play maker or can't run.

They have Rush playing a conservative game, that's not hard to see. Let Rush open it up just a notch or two...

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Cooper rush played his part and didnt mess up and helped the team go 4-1. Now this is a road game at the Linc and we need the Dak to show he is Big time and help us get this win next sunday. I think this game is too big for Rush and we need to do everything we can to get Dak ready. The offense needs to score to win next week and can't keep depending on the defense. And Cooper is limited since he is not a play maker or can't run.
Daks legs make him better than rush. But rush is a great back up. He can Lear. From Rush.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Damn...tough crowd. Guy beats both superbowl teams and youre not happy with him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Get over the Dak hate. Y'all sound beyond ignorant.

Dak plays if he's healthy. If not healthy, he'll come back after the bye week.

Xeven

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t have to be 100% in my opinion. What matters is wether he has healed enough so that playing won’t make it worse. If it will slow his healing then he should sit.

nobody

Reaction score
Get over the Dak hate. Y'all sound beyond ignorant.

Dak plays if he's healthy. If not healthy, he'll come back after the bye week.

He 1) needs to be 100% and 2) needs reps to get the rust out. That's not hate. That's fact. He was healthy in game one and stunk it up.

He stunk it up in the playoffs last season. It's not unreasonable to want to sit him when he's not 100% or having an extra week of reps.

Rush isn't the solution, but let's use him until Dak is legit ready. The last thing we need is to rush Dak back in and have him struggled then try to force things and get another injury. What would that do to his confidence? If the team wasn't winning without Dak, I'd be all for getting Dak back asap....but they're winning, so let him recover properly for the long-term.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He 1) needs to be 100% and 2) needs reps to get the rust out. That's not hate. That's fact. He was healthy in game one and stunk it up.

He stunk it up in the playoffs last season. It's not unreasonable to want to sit him when he's not 100% or having an extra week of reps.

Rush isn't the solution, but let's use him until Dak is legit ready. The last thing we need is to rush Dak back in and have him struggled then try to force things and get another injury. What would that do to his confidence? If the team wasn't winning without Dak, I'd be all for getting Dak back asap....but they're winning, so let him recover properly for the long-term.
Dak was rusty because McCarthy didn't allow the 1st string Offense to play at all during the preseason. I said Dak would come out rusty as heck, and he and the Offense sure did.

nobody

Reaction score
Dak was rusty because McCarthy didn't allow the 1st string Offense to play at all during the preseason. I said Dak would come out rusty as heck, and he and the Offense sure did.

And if he doesn't get enough reps before they bring him back out? The only reasons to rush him back out are 1) The team is losing, or 2) Agenda. Otherwise the guy needs to heal and needs those practice reps.

His grip isn't back yet. Once it is back he still needs to rebuild chemistry with the receivers. It's not rocket science.

Blackrain

Reaction score
How do people justify saying this isn't it important game.
It's a huge game it's a division rival who's in first place at this point if we beat them we are in first place and have the advantage from a head-to-head matchup when and the next time we play them it's in our stadium this is a huge game.

The defense is playing lights out.
Dak needs to suit up Play this game and lead this team to victory over our hated division rival.
Cooper Rush has done all he should be expected to do at this point.

Dak needs to take over now this is an important game that we need to win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes it is. Divisional rival 5-0, if we lose they're 6-0 we're down 2 games and they have a win on us. For a game this early in the season it's as must win as it gets.

But I agree with keeping him out, healthy or injured.
You have one more game against them. It’s week 5 there’s no must win games unless you are winless. Cut it out s

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak fan here, and heck no to playing him next week. Even if he's medically cleared he needs time to knock off the rust. With a game this big the Cowboys need to continue to ride this current wave with Cooper Rush.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And if he doesn't get enough reps before they bring him back out? The only reasons to rush him back out are 1) The team is losing, or 2) Agenda. Otherwise the guy needs to heal and needs those practice reps.

His grip isn't back yet. Once it is back he still needs to rebuild chemistry with the receivers. It's not rocket science.
His grip is coming back. The bye week is more than a week away. You don't think Dak will be passing it up with the receivers in practice before he comes back?

Reactions: CWR