I think you put the $40 million man back in the lineup next week for that big NFC East showdown

Blackrain

Reaction score
No I want Dak to play when he is both physically and mentally ready. He's not just going to come back off this injury and light it up. Need to keep Rush in there until Dak gets some actual practice time in. Even Mike McCarthy said this last week.
Dak needs to practice this week get sharp and be ready to lead us to victory in this important divisional matchup.

If Cooper Rush can win four games two of which were against last year's super bowl contestants DAk should be able to steamroll the NFC.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Some guys want a guy back with a surgical repair thumb that was rusty in the preseason because of no playing time, but they think being out 4 games he will miraculously be in time with guys who haven't played with him in a while.
I take wins over losses, cause I'm a Cowboys fan.
Rush is winning, if he plays badly in the game put the legend in. o_O

vig454

Reaction score
Cooper rush played his part and didnt mess up and helped the team go 4-1. Now this is a road game at the Linc and we need the Dak to show he is Big time and help us get this win next sunday. I think this game is too big for Rush and we need to do everything we can to get Dak ready. The offense needs to score to win next week and can't keep depending on the defense. And Cooper is limited since he is not a play maker or can't run.
HELL NO! DAK IS OVERPAID AND OVERRATED.:facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Keep your Garbage Stats and losses and I'll take the wins.......
Look at you showing up after a Cowboys W. You usually only show cup after L's. Y'all seem hurt Cowboys won with Rush not even throwing for 100 yards. Who cares? WE WON!

Sydla

Reaction score
If he can't grip a ball and is still struggling with discomfort, it would be dumb to play him in this game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You have to ask yourself what's more important? The end game or the short game? You win on Sunday then what? You don't guarantee the division? Dak comes back to early and suffers a setback? Was it worth it? No. The risk outweighs the reward. This game is for the fans. Let's be honest. Sure I want to win. But you lost NO games without Dak. That bought you some time to allow Dak to get fully healthy and not rush him back.
There's always the chance of a setback. We sit all these guys during preseason and look what happens they're 15 minutes into the first game and injured.

Guys like Cooper Rush and Noah Brown play all pre-season and they're ready to play.

We don't know what the condition of any of our players will be later in the season need to do everything possible to win every game in front of us especially divisional games in the other team's stadium.

A win here definitely makes things easier down the road. Daks mobility and athleticism is needed in this game.

He flat out needs to suit up and play lead this team and win this important divisional game. That's what leaders do.
They take on the tough games head on Not past the buck and wait for the easy games against the Lions and the bears.

Sydla

Reaction score
There's always the chance of a setback. We sit all these guys during preseason and look what happens they're 15 minutes into the first game and injured.

Guys like Cooper Rush and Noah Brown play all pre-season and they're ready to play.

We don't know what the condition of any of our players will be later in the season need to do everything possible to win every game in front of us especially divisional games in the other team's stadium.

A win here definitely makes things easier down the road. Daks mobility and athleticism is needed in this game.

He flat out needs to suit up and play lead this team and win this important divisional game. That's what leaders do.
They take on the tough games head on Not past the buck and wait for the easy games against the Lions and the bears.

Again, the reports are his thumb is still sore and he struggles to grip the ball. In what world would be a QB that has weakness in his thumb and can't get a good grip on the ball be the better option? If we were talking about a sore ankle or something like that, it would be one thing. But if he can't grip a ball, I don't care who you are as a QB, you are going to struggle.

LysleE

Reaction score
Cooper Rush should start…he has earned the opportunity to QB against the Eagles. Dak will have been out of the line-up a little over a month, had little to no physical contact with a week’s worth of starter’s reps. I think Detroit would be a much easier transition.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Some guys want a guy back with a surgical repair thumb that was rusty in the preseason because of no playing time, but they think being out 4 games he will miraculously be in time with guys who haven't played with him in a while.
I take wins over losses, cause I'm a Cowboys fan.
Rush is winning, if he plays badly in the game put the legend in. o_O

Exactly, people underestimate how important practice is. We don't always see eye to eye about Dak but any quarterback needs to get his timing back after being out of action for a month. Rush needs to start next week even if Dak is medically cleared.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cooper rush played his part and didnt mess up and helped the team go 4-1. Now this is a road game at the Linc and we need the Dak to show he is Big time and help us get this win next sunday. I think this game is too big for Rush and we need to do everything we can to get Dak ready. The offense needs to score to win next week and can't keep depending on the defense. And Cooper is limited since he is not a play maker or can't run.
I agree but only if he’s 100%. Then we have a chance against their defense.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Exactly, people underestimate how important practice is. We don't always see eye to eye about Dak but any quarterback needs to get his timing back after being out of action for a month. Rush needs to start next week even if Dak is medically cleared.
I agree 100 percent. If you are rusty the first game from not playing in the preseason, and then have a thumb injury and have to have it surgically repaired, that would be a massive hurdle to overcome. You have no grip, plus the rust of not playing 4 games. I think some people don't understand this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Leaders play when they need to play. Know when to sit your ego to the side and get healthy. Russell Wilson came back too early and honestly has never been the same since and he had a similar injury to Dak.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Again, the reports are his thumb is still sore and he struggles to grip the ball. In what world would be a QB that has weakness in his thumb and can't get a good grip on the ball be the better option? If we were talking about a sore ankle or something like that, it would be one thing. But if he can't grip a ball, I don't care who you are as a QB, you are going to struggle.
Weakness and soreness are two different things.
I broke my collarbone last year in three places and had a plate an eight screws put in it I have soreness every single day and it's a year later but it's strong enough where I can do my work climb trees and work with a chainsaw.
If he doesn't have the strength to grip the ball That's one thing but if it's just a little pain he needs to play through it hell Jack youngblood played with a broken leg.

Nexx

Reaction score
Dak fan here, and heck no to playing him next week. Even if he's medically cleared he needs time to knock off the rust. With a game this big the Cowboys need to continue to ride this current wave with Cooper Rush.

so Rush had time to knock off the rust? I dont want to hear that BS if Dak starts next week doesnt play well and the Cowboys lose.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
so Rush had time to knock off the rust? I dont want to hear that BS if Dak starts next week doesnt play well and the Cowboys lose.

Rush played all preseason, Dak did not. Rush has practiced every week since Sept, 11, Dak has not.

Let's not make more of this than there is. Dak has not thrown a football properly in a month. He has not practiced, taken a hit, or anything. Practice matters or else teams wouldn't have them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Weakness and soreness are two different things.
I broke my collarbone last year in three places and had a plate an eight screws put in it I have soreness every single day and it's a year later but it's strong enough where I can do my work climb trees and work with a chainsaw.
If he doesn't have the strength to grip the ball That's one thing but if it's just a little pain he needs to play through it hell Jack youngblood played with a broken leg.

That's not a very good comparison. Inability to grip the ball properly or hard has major implications.

That's not something you just say, hey dude, rub some dirt on it and play.

Blackrain

Reaction score
That's not a very good comparison. Inability to grip the ball properly or hard has major implications.

That's not something you just say, hey dude, rub some dirt on it and play.
Exactly if he can't grip the ball he can't play but if it's just sore he can play and needs to play