I think you put the $40 million man back in the lineup next week for that big NFC East showdown

Jayinem

Reaction score
You have one more game against them. It’s week 5 there’s no must win games unless you are winless. Cut it out s

We have different mentalities about it. Game 1 counts as much as Game 17. Does it mean we'll be eliminated from winning the division? Of course not. But dominate teams dominate, and teams that lose in the first round of the playoffs or don't make the playoffs don't. During our Super Bowl runs during the 90's we would usually be in first place the majority of the entire season if not all. I want those days back, not struggling just to win a division. We should be thinking about the #1 seed and a bye, not "hopefully we can catch the Eagles later in the season if we keep winning and they start to struggle". With this defense, we need to be thinking about a higher standard for this team.

There's been only a handful times that Wild Card teams end up winning the Super Bowl.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cooper rush played his part and didnt mess up and helped the team go 4-1. Now this is a road game at the Linc and we need the Dak to show he is Big time and help us get this win next sunday. I think this game is too big for Rush and we need to do everything we can to get Dak ready. The offense needs to score to win next week and can't keep depending on the defense. And Cooper is limited since he is not a play maker or can't run.

Relax.

We got this.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak fan here, and heck no to playing him next week. Even if he's medically cleared he needs time to knock off the rust. With a game this big the Cowboys need to continue to ride this current wave with Cooper Rush.
There is only one way to knock the rust off. By playing.

Sounds like you simply don't want Dak to play at all.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

No I want Dak to play when he is both physically and mentally ready. He's not just going to come back off this injury and light it up. Need to keep Rush in there until Dak gets some actual practice time in. Even Mike McCarthy said this last week.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Keep him healthy, maybe he'll waive and someone will give us two firsts and a third.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cooper rush played his part and didnt mess up and helped the team go 4-1. Now this is a road game at the Linc and we need the Dak to show he is Big time and help us get this win next sunday. I think this game is too big for Rush and we need to do everything we can to get Dak ready. The offense needs to score to win next week and can't keep depending on the defense. And Cooper is limited since he is not a play maker or can't run.
I don’t. I don’t think Dak is mentally tuff. If you put him out there against the Philly D and the Oline protects like they did today it is going to be a tuff game. He is already feeling heat from the poor Bucs performance and if he comes back and loses after Rush has won 4 straight it is going to mess him up. He is also super rusty.
I say live or die with the running game and Rush next week and set Dak up for success for the rest of the year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No I want Dak to play when he is both physically and mentally ready. He's not just going to come back off this injury and light it up. Need to keep Rush in there until Dak gets some actual practice time in. Even Mike McCarthy said this last week.
Understood. Agreed. :thumbup:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That Buhumbug won’t win any games for us. Many commentators and analyzers have said the reasons we are winning are as follows:

Defense
Turnover free
Running the run game well

Two of those things will disappear when Dak returns (turnovers will return, and the run game will dissipate). We will start to lose again. They do not need to bring him back unless something happens to Rush.

Dak can win if he has learned anything from Cooper Rush, which I would say he probably has.

The only thing Dak needs to do is come in and be a bus driver, and like being a bus driver.

LocoBates

Reaction score

Some are more protective and suggesting Dak to resume playing vs weaker teams (i.e. DET or CHI), not only to knock the rust off but to gain confidence as a win would be more likely vs those teams, however at this point a loss with him under center will make noise no matter the opponent's record (BTW Jerry would love that attention).

Blackrain

Reaction score
You have one more game against them. It’s week 5 there’s no must win games unless you are winless. Cut it out s
There's a difference between an absolute must win game and a very important game that can set you up favorably for the rest of the season in your division and against an opponent that has a very good chance of winning the division.

This is an important game where we need our starting quarterback and his mobility this is what we pay him for suit up take the field and get it done.

nobody

Reaction score
His grip is coming back. The bye week is more than a week away. You don't think Dak will be passing it up with the receivers in practice before he comes back?

I'm just saying that bringing it back before the bye is dumb. After the bye is a completely different story. The Cowboys aren't losing without him. There's no need to rush him back before the bye.

khiladi

Reaction score
594603-middle.png

Must be hard defending Dak all these years….

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:muttley: Yes by all means put Dak in..........the sooner he goes in the faster he will hit the bench!

Dakota

Reaction score
If Dak is ready he should play, however, regardless who plays QB for us, after we crush the egirls Monday night we SHOULD be #1 in the power ratings.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i hope we win sunday. :starspin:

but it’s not ideal to play dak vs the eagles. hold him for the lions or bears at this point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's a difference between an absolute must win game and a very important game that can set you up favorably for the rest of the season in your division and against an opponent that has a very good chance of winning the division.

This is an important game where we need our starting quarterback and his mobility this is what we pay him for suit up take the field and get it done.

You have to ask yourself what's more important? The end game or the short game? You win on Sunday then what? You don't guarantee the division? Dak comes back to early and suffers a setback? Was it worth it? No. The risk outweighs the reward. This game is for the fans. Let's be honest. Sure I want to win. But you lost NO games without Dak. That bought you some time to allow Dak to get fully healthy and not rush him back.