Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KHgPrTf.jpg
:lmao2:

ESisback

Reaction score
Jerry loves fans like you

Hope you bought a bunch of Dak jerseys for Christmas

Fans like me? That’s hilarious! You assume I’m a sucker for his shenanigans just because I don’t endlessly cry about a coach clapping? Wow, that’s pretty delusional! By the way, I haven’t spent a dime on Cowboy stuff since I bought a baseball cap for $11 at a flea market 4 years ago! I’d wager you’ve spent more. Keep your Dak jerseys to yourself, ok?

mahoneybill

Reaction score
As bad a some claim Switzer was, and yes he had a loaded roster, we did make an NFC championship game and then won a SB.

We have a roster , minus special teams, that an be competitive but need a coach who will see that .500 ball game management isn't getting us there, and the freebie first
down style of Defense just leads to more opportunity to lose.

When we get on a roll and pile up some points we become a different team.. Rams game for example. The Giants/Skins are so depleted on D I'll disregard those point fests.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
It seems lost on many fans that clapping isn't only used for applauding a success. It isn't at all uncommon for it to be a gesture to convey "hey, you need to get your feces together" or "let's straighten that out and do it better next time", or 'let's hustle off the field" or any number of things. It's really a weak complaint against Garrett and has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

I find it odd so many fans complain about something as meaningless as this when there are tangible, supportable and legitimate issues with Garrett's coaching. Ultimately all anyone really needs to point to is that he hasn't accomplished what he was hired to accomplish, and he has failed to maintain the kind of year after year consistency that would suggest he is on the verge of accomplishing it. The fact that clapping is a gesture he uses isn't even a tiny blip on the radar in comparison.

Ever think the " clapping" was ' hey you just made me look good ' after a good play ?

On the quick 3 and outs or missed FG's etc, it became annoying. I don't ever recall seeing the players coming off the field and apologizing for not getting it done, and little if
any coaching the way Belicheck does where he actually goes over to O or D and you see him pointing out some things.

This guy appears to be watching the Jumbotron and listening to the broadcast instead of actually shaping and adjusting the game plan.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I think fans get so mad that they look for anything. They pick clapping. Simply taking out anger. I for one get mad when there is a really bad play and they show him clapping. I want him to yell at the player for me. Which yes I know yelling at the player does no good. But I am mad and frustrated. I see a bad play now and I yell at the TV and tell my wife they better now show JG clapping on the sidelines. Of course I use a lot of curse words mixed in there. But I am a 49 year old man baby that’s sick of not having my team in the SB.

No problem from me on your feelings. I'm 73 and feel the same way. Being of that vintage I've seen all the variations of coaches and JG doesn't fit the Landry/Jimmy mold.

Have also endured the rebuild " cant win the big one" years, and see all the forms of glory/close games .

Mr. 500 doesn't inspire me and the sooner we move on the better.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The fact that so many people are disturbed by it is stupid and sophomoric.

He does it to the extreme, how do you not notice it? If you do something all game long, every single game, its going to be noticed by not only fans but the media as well.

FOX did a spoof before the Thursday night game with the Bears when they dressed up a guy to look like Garrett and he went around Soldier's Field just clapping. So its not just the fans, its the media as well. Even the guy that does the funny YouTube videos of how Cowboy fans react after every game calls Garrett "the Clapper".

So you see, its not just fans on a message board, its the media as well from YouTube to FOX pregame.