I want a SB appearance or high draft pick

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I understand the chances of either are slim.

That’s what I, as a fan, want. If you are satisfied enough with a playoff appearance and early exit to feel happy that the team at least was not last place, I don’t think you want a Cowboys’ SB very much as a fan.
There you go thinking again. If you think a high draft pick guarantees anything, you're not a knowledgeable fan. Many high pick draft busts. By the time that pick is ready to play, many of our stud veterans will be gone.

Blitzen

Reaction score
You pretty much admitted what I just said. If we’re not going to have an extreme amount of success, they want an extreme amount of failure as in tanking. There’s some that at least claim they want the team to tank as soon as they lose a couple of disappointing games. They start hoping for a high draft pick at that point. They believe that a lot of losses will bring on change.
A lot of losses will bring on change (it might not be good change). That’s what happened the last season the Cowboys picked the first 5 picks. Wishing for mediocrity over change is not my preference. Also, you stated that some fans want to tank every season which is total fabrication. You are extrapolating from some posts that come after a few losses. If the season just began and the team looks terrible, I can agree that there are some that are ready to give up too quickly. There are seasons that the squad does not look really good or really bad, and by the end many fans would like the team to pick one. Like I said fans don’t start the season wishing to tank unless the current core squad looks stagnant out like they are starting to decline. If the team has tons of new core players, the fans are interested to see how well they play on actual games.

Blitzen

Reaction score
There you go thinking again. If you think a high draft pick guarantees anything, you're not a knowledgeable fan. Many high pick draft busts. By the time that pick is ready to play, many of our stud veterans will be gone.
Who said it guarantees anything? Those are your words.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of losses will bring on change (it might not be good change). That’s what happened the last season the Cowboys picked the first 5 picks. Wishing for mediocrity over change is not my preference. Also, you stated that some fans want to tank every season which is total fabrication. You are extrapolating from some posts that come after a few losses. If the season just began and the team looks terrible, I can agree that there are some that are ready to give up too quickly. There are seasons that the squad does not look really good or really bad, and by the end many fans would like the team to pick one. Like I said fans don’t start the season wishing to tank unless the current core squad looks stagnant out like they are starting to decline. If the team has tons of new core players, the fans are interested to see how well they play on actual games.
No one wishes for mediocrity. If you can make the playoffs consistently, even if you don’t go deep, you’re not mediocre. At least you’re giving yourself a chance every year. Picking high in the draft and making coaching changes doesn’t guarantee anything.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

That’s what I, as a fan, want. If you are satisfied enough with a playoff appearance and early exit to feel happy that the team at least was not last place, I don’t think you want a Cowboys’ SB very much as a fan.
Worse place to be in the NFL is average.
No playoff success or no High draft pick with a chance to get a true difference maker.

Blitzen

Reaction score
No one wishes for mediocrity. If you can make the playoffs consistently, even if you don’t go deep, you’re not mediocre. At least you’re giving yourself a chance every year. Picking high in the draft and making coaching changes doesn’t guarantee anything.
My definition of stagnant postseasons is mediocrity. Even with a good regular season. Change is an almost certainty with an epically bad season. Unless your team management tries to build from outside the lines of scrimmage before upgrading other parts(only exception is QB). You are already on the record for wishing for continued postseason failure rather than potential upheaval (which could go bad, good, or basically the same).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My definition of stagnant postseasons is mediocrity. Even with a good regular season. Change is an almost certainty with an epically bad season. Unless your team management tries to build from outside the lines of scrimmage before upgrading other parts(only exception is QB). You are already on the record for wishing for continued postseason failure rather than potential upheaval (which could go bad, good, or basically the same).
I would rather have a stagnant postseason where we at least have an opportunity, than sitting home every season with nothing to look forward to, but a high draft pick. We made a number of changes heading into this season despite going 12-5 and winning a playoff game. By the way, where am I on record for wishing continued postseason failure? You’re full of it if you think I’m wishing that.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I would rather have a stagnant postseason where we at least have an opportunity, than sitting home every season with nothing to look forward to, but a high draft pick. We made a number of changes heading into this season despite going 12-5 and winning a playoff game. By the way, where am I on record for wishing continued postseason failure? You’re full of it if you think I’m wishing that.
You said you would rather be in the postseason and bow out early year after year than receive a high draft pick and miss the postseason. Which is postseason failure.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They only got pick #10 in the 2021 draft despite backup QBs playing 11 of 16 games...

Blitzen

Reaction score
Why would you want to tank, then? What else do you mean. Do you just want to see Jerry high firing his crew?
You can be fairly certain of change with an extremely poor season. It does not guarantee success or disaster-but the chance for real change is much higher than status quo.

Blitzen

Reaction score
They only got pick #10 in the 2021 draft despite backup QBs playing 11 of 16 games...
Yeah, I would not want that. I already said I want a SB appearance or high pick (like top three).

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can be fairly certain of change with an extremely poor season. It does not guarantee success or disaster-but the chance for real change is much higher than status quo.
Change can be good, or it can set you back 2 or 3 years....depends on the season. If we don't make the playoffs, sure.....but, if we do, keep it going.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Sorry, I grew up as a Cowboys fan when we had 17 straight winning seasons, made the playoffs most of the time, yet only went to 3 Super Bowls. Winning is everything every week. And it’s been proven over time that early draft picks do not equate to good teams or SBs. I want to be in the playoffs every damn year, and I think your odds of getting to a SB improve that way moreso than having top 10 draft picks

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You said you would rather be in the postseason and bow out early year after year than receive a high draft pick and miss the postseason. Which is postseason failure.
You claimed I’m on record for wishing continued postseason failure and that’s absolutely not true! I said I'd rather be making the playoffs every season even if it means an early exit than having a high draft pick. No where did I say I’m wishing for continued postseason failure.

Toro9

Reaction score
Tanking is for teams who are talented but can only win about half their games year after year and have really just hit the ceiling. This is not one of those teams. The Cowboys are real competitors and it might lead to a Super Bowl. That's the hope.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

I have been enjoying the cowboys the last few years.