I want a SB appearance or high draft pick

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nevermind. I was confused as to what you initially tried saying. On any given year, there are fans that at some point will want the team to tank the season.

I think I may understand you. You mean that on any given year there’s a fan of the club that will wish the team to lose a game. You are not saying there is one fan that would just perpetually wish for losses in order to keep stacking top five picks.
I’ve made myself clear and am moving on from this discussion.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Depends on the makeup of the roster.

If you have an ageing roster with some good players and some holes, and your realistic expectations are to possibly get in as a wildcard, but would take a miracle to win it all, you're probably better off picking high in the draft.

If you have a younger roster with some legit up and comers and some holes, and your realistic expectations are to possibly get in as a wildcard, but would take a miracle to win it all, you might be better off playing for keeps and promoting the culture of winning.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
We are closer to the SB than a high draft pick. Enjoy the ride. Don’t just wait until the postseason to enjoy the team. Football is awesome.
Beautiful perspective. It’ll make it all the more sweeter when we finally make it

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
So you don’t take the regular season losses hard?

Damn, maybe someday I’ll be at that point. A loss puts a damper on my week as if I played the game. Every win makes life a little better.
Yeah, I reached that point a few years back. Use to really affect me my moods and whatnot all week, but realized it is absolutely crazy to allow a bunch of adult men playing a game that they are getting paid very well for to bother me. So now I don't. I just enjoy every game like anything else.
Despite always paying close attention to all the facets of the game for so many years past and appearing so invested in it, both good and bad, I think I enjoy the game now more than ever not being so tired emotionally to it.

Last edited:

Darkhound

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand the chances of either are slim.

That’s what I, as a fan, want. If you are satisfied enough with a playoff appearance and early exit to feel happy that the team at least was not last place, I don’t think you want a Cowboys’ SB very much as a fan.
I want -but will never ever get it most likely- for the jones family to sell this team

Blitzen

Reaction score
You used the word "want" which is a synonym for "desire"
So you don't "expect" a Super Bowl?? And if you don't you'd rather be mediocre and roll the dice on the next a high draft pick?. :lmao:

Not needing a dictionary is cooler!!
oh good, you understood that I was questioning the entitlement claim.

I prefer the team not to be mediocre (unless they are progressively increasing wins after being bad for years). My stance was if I knew that the results of this season were either an early playoff exit or a top three pick-and I was given the choice as to which I would prefer-I would choose the top three pick. I, as a fan would choose extreme success or extreme failure-I would not choose something in between even if the alternative was a bad season.

Yes, I understand this is all hypothetical. The whole premise was what you prefer as a fan if given the choice.

Qcard

Reaction score
oh good, you understood that I was questioning the entitlement claim.

I prefer the team not to be mediocre (unless they are progressively increasing wins after being bad for years). My stance was if I knew that the results of this season were either an early playoff exit or a top three pick-and I was given the choice as to which I would prefer-I would choose the top three pick. I, as a fan would choose extreme success or extreme failure-I would not choose something in between even if the alternative was a bad season.

Yes, I understand this is all hypothetical. The whole premise was what you prefer as a fan if given the choice.
Great Post!

Kwyn

Reaction score

That’s what I, as a fan, want. If you are satisfied enough with a playoff appearance and early exit to feel happy that the team at least was not last place, I don’t think you want a Cowboys’ SB very much as a fan.
So, the two options are SB or complete failure.

I always root for us to win. You don’t?

If we are sitting at 6-6 with five to play but we still have a chance to make the playoffs or win the division, are you rooting for five straight losses?

That would give us the #7 pick going off last year.

Raiders took DE Tyree Wilson with that pick.

Just want to know where you stand.

Kwyn

Reaction score
……just like 99% of NFL fans. Surprisingly some just like regular season wins and stats to support their favorite player who can’t get it done in the postseason.

But I’m sure we don’t have any in this forum
I don’t care who plays at any position. That’s not how I came to love football.

I root for the uniform.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

everyone can think and root for what they want. If they won 2 playoff games and no more, Id be somewhat happy. Its not binary. I dont like this tank culture we have these days

Blitzen

Reaction score
So, the two options are SB or complete failure.

I always root for us to win. You don’t?

If we are sitting at 6-6 with five to play but we still have a chance to make the playoffs or win the division, are you rooting for five straight losses?

That would give us the #7 pick going off last year.

Raiders took DE Tyree Wilson with that pick.

Just want to know where you stand.
To clarify this was the intent of my original post:

For your scenario, I would root for wins to get into the postseason. My thoughts were hypothetical-given choices if you knew how it would turn out.

Kwyn

Reaction score
To clarify this was the intent of my original post:

For your scenario, I would root for wins to get into the postseason. My thoughts were hypothetical-given choices if you knew how it would turn out.
There ya go. I’m on board.

But, I’ll always root for the boys even if we’re awful