I want a SB appearance or high draft pick

Blitzen

Reaction score
You claimed I’m on record for wishing continued postseason failure and that’s absolutely not true! I said I'd rather be making the playoffs every season even if it means an early exit than having a high draft pick. No where did I say I’m wishing for continued postseason failure.
You said: “I’d rather be making the playoffs every season even if it means an early exit then having a high draft pick.”
My reply was: You are already on the record for wishing for continued postseason failure rather than potential upheaval (which could go bad, good, or basically the same).

I gave it your conditions-speak for yourself. All I did was paraphrase you. I did not stop the sentence after the word failure.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You said: “I’d rather be making the playoffs every season even if it means an early exit then having a high draft pick.”
My reply was: You are already on the record for wishing for continued postseason failure rather than potential upheaval (which could go bad, good, or basically the same).

I gave it your conditions-speak for yourself. All I did was paraphrase you. I did not stop the sentence after the word failure.
You twisted what I said. You posted that I was wishing for continued postseason failure and that’s absolutely not true! Those are your words not mine. You need to go back and read exactly what I said. Maybe you simply can’t comprehend.

Blitzen

Reaction score
You twisted what I said. You posted that I was wishing for continued postseason failure and that’s absolutely not true! Those are your words not mine. You need to go back and read exactly what I said. Maybe you simply can’t comprehend.
An early exit from the playoffs is a postseason failure. You wished for repeated early exits over a high draft pick. Where’s the twist?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand the chances of either are slim.

That’s what I, as a fan, want. If you are satisfied enough with a playoff appearance and early exit to feel happy that the team at least was not last place, I don’t think you want a Cowboys’ SB very much as a fan.
Not me. I want average results so we can pick an average draft pick and then have average results. That is the Cowboy way for a quarter of a century.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
An early exit from the playoffs is a postseason failure. You wished for repeated early exits over a high draft pick. Where’s the twist?
It’s a failure, but where did I say I was “wishing” for that? I never said anything about “wishing” for repeated early exits. That’s complete BS! You must be totally lost if you can’t see the twist you made.

Blitzen

Reaction score
It’s a failure, but where did I say I was “wishing” for that? I never said anything about “wishing” for repeated early exits. That’s complete BS! You must be totally lost if you can’t see the twist you made.
You made it clear that your preference was for repeated early exits over a high pick. I said you “ wished for early exits over potential upheaval (high draft pick),” which is not twisting. It’s paraphrasing and a fair comparison to your original statement.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Basically you want to mail it in every year unless guaranteed a SB.. let me know when you find the time machine that makes this possible becaue your never gonna get a gaurantee and it would suck to suck every year.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Basically you want to mail it in every year unless guaranteed a SB.. let me know when you find the time machine that makes this possible becaue your never gonna get a gaurantee and it would suck to suck every year.
Lol. I said this year I would want a SB appearance or a high pick, but not in between. Good argument you are having with yourself about how I said anything about a guarantee.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol. I said this year I would want a SB appearance or a high pick, but not in between. Good argument you are having with yourself about how I said anything about a guarantee.
how would that even happen with this defense this year?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You made it clear that your preference was for repeated early exits over a high pick. I said you “ wished for early exits over potential upheaval (high draft pick),” which is not twisting. It’s paraphrasing and a fair comparison to your original statement.
You twisted what I said! I made it clear that I would rather exit early in the playoffs than be picking in the top 10 every year. I never said I “wished” for anything or for continued postseason failure. This is what you accused me of saying.
You are already on the record for wishing for continued postseason failure rather than potential upheaval (which could go bad, good, or basically the same).
This is what I actually said and it proves you’re dead wrong! :thumbup:
I’d rather be making the playoffs every season even if it means an early exit then having a high draft pick. There’s some fans that want the Cowboys to tank every year just to get a high pick. Don’t know how anyone that’s a fan of the team could enjoy the season hoping for losses every week, just to improve our draft position. There’s some ridiculous fans out there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We are closer to the SB than a high draft pick. Enjoy the ride. Don’t just wait until the postseason to enjoy the team. Football is awesome.
It’s difficult for me knowing our QB will go into a shell regardless of how he plays during the regular season.

Blitzen

Reaction score
You twisted what I said! I made it clear that I would rather exit early in the playoffs than be picking in the top 10 every year. I never said I “wished” for anything or for continued postseason failure. This is what you accused me of saying.

This is what I actually said and it proves you’re dead wrong! :thumbup:
I see. You are saying you would rather repeated playoff trips vs repeated top five picks. Like two top five picks vs two one and done playoffs? Or three, four, five?

Then you are not arguing against my original post at all. You sounded like you were in opposition to me. Yes, eventually even those fans hoping for top five picks-will want a successful string of seasons that should follow with major talent influx. No fan wants perpetual top five picks. There is no fan of any football team that never wants the team to win a Super Bowl (that goes without saying to you correct?).

I would be completely okay as a fan risking two years of top fives picks over guaranteed 4-5 years of years of one and done playoffs-hoping for the chance to strike talent gold in either or both seasons.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I see. You are saying you would rather repeated playoff trips vs repeated top five picks. Like two top five picks vs two one and done playoffs? Or three, four, five?

Then you are not arguing against my original post at all. You sounded like you were in opposition to me. Yes, eventually even those fans hoping for top five picks-will want a successful string of seasons that should follow with major talent influx. No fan wants perpetual top five picks. There is no fan of any football team that never wants the team to win a Super Bowl (that goes without saying to you correct?).

I would be completely okay as a fan risking two years of top fives picks over guaranteed 4-5 years of years of one and done playoffs-hoping for the chance to strike talent gold in either or both seasons.
I’m saying I would rather make the playoffs and have a chance to advance than having a high draft pick every year. I am arguing against your original post because you twisted my comment.

Qcard

Reaction score
Difference between expect and desire. Dictionaries can be cool.
You used the word "want" which is a synonym for "desire"

So you don't "expect" a Super Bowl?? And if you don't you'd rather be mediocre and roll the dice on the next a high draft pick?. :lmao:

Not needing a dictionary is cooler!!

Blitzen

Reaction score
I’m saying I would rather make the playoffs and have a chance to advance than having a high draft pick every year. I am arguing against your original post because you twisted my comment.
Like I asked-do you think there are fans that would rather top five picks every single year over one game playoff performances every single year?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Like I asked-do you think there are fans that would rather top five picks every single year over one game playoff performances every single year?
There’s some crazy fans that would rather have top five picks every single year over one playoff performance every single year, because they’re not thinking straight. If you don’t make the playoffs you have no chance at a Super Bowl. I want the chance even if it means an early exit from the playoffs. Top five picks don’t guarantee you’ll end up with good players. There’s no guarantees when you make the playoffs you’ll advance, but at least you’re giving yourself a chance!

Blitzen

Reaction score
Nevermind. I was confused as to what you initially tried saying. On any given year, there are fans that at some point will want the team to tank the season.
There’s some crazy fans that would rather have top five picks every single year over one playoff performance every single year, because they’re not thinking straight. If you don’t make the playoffs you have no chance at a Super Bowl. I want the chance even if it means an early exit from the playoffs. Top five picks don’t guarantee you’ll end up with good players. There’s no guarantees when you make the playoffs you’ll advance, but at least you’re giving yourself a chance!
I think I may understand you. You mean that on any given year there’s a fan of the club that will wish the team to lose a game. You are not saying there is one fan that would just perpetually wish for losses in order to keep stacking top five picks.