I want Dallas to win this game so bad

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You're not gonna invest a lot just because we're missing a few players. What kind of fan are you?

Don't lecture me on what "kind of fan" I am.

Second, it is not "just" a few players. It is our best WR, our best DE and our starting LG.

As a fan you should ALWAYS be invested. That's ridiculous. Dallas is fully capable of winning this football game.

Apparently you have serious reading comprehension problem. I said I would be less invested but I did not discount Dallas' chances of winning. By less invested, I mean I put a loss less stock into a loss. Things might be very different when we play them again.

I guess you are one of these mindless imbeciles that figure if they scream loud enough, it might matter.

To me, you are just making loud noises. And your comments on what you apparently did not bother to read and digest, prove it.

Jesus man did you forget we still have TONY ROMO and the best offensive line in the game. Not to mention we still have Witten, Beasley, Williams, Dunbar, McFadden, Randle, and Escobar. I can't stand this kind of mindset.

I can't stand YOUR kind of mindset that counts players like Dunbar, McFadden, Randle and Escobar as proven commodities.

All are in the "hope" category . And you are not even intellectually honest enough with anyone, including yourself, to acknowledge that fact.

Oh we're missing Dez and Gregory that means I'm not gonna invest in this game because we don't stand a chance and can't beat the almighty Eagles. People keep talking about them coming back against Atlanta guess what? They still lost the damn game while Dallas won. Bring them on. I'm not scared of them. They're a severely flawed football team. Are they capable of beating us? Sure, but we're just as capable of beating them. We have the far superior quarterback, better O-Line, offensive weapons just as good if not better even without Dez, and our defense is coming off a very impressive showing where they only allowed NYG to score 9 points while the Eagles got torched by the Falcons.

I hate the Eagles unlike any other team right now. I get just as angry listening to the anointing and so on. Were the Cowboys playing them full strength, I would not feel like I do.

Which is, of course, just like I explained earlier and you didn't bother to comprehend it.;

Alexander

Reaction score
You haven't been reading this guy for long.
He's a "realist" and he's actually very intelligent, but quite abrasive.

He's my brother in arms though and I will defend his fandom (no matter how different it is) to anybody.
Alex is a Cowboys fan.
Thanks Corso, but you are trying to explain quantum physics to an ape in this case.

To most face painting imbeciles, there is no alternative when it comes to being a "real fan".

RunDMC

Reaction score
Don't lecture me on what "kind of fan" I am.

Second, it is not "just" a few players. It is our best WR, our best DE and our starting LG.

Apparently you have serious reading comprehension problem. I said I would be less invested but I did not discount Dallas' chances of winning. By less invested, I mean I put a loss less stock into a loss. Things might be very different when we play them again.

I guess you are one of these mindless imbeciles that figure if they scream loud enough, it might matter.

To me, you are just making loud noises. And your comments on what you apparently did not bother to read and digest, prove it.

I can't stand YOUR kind of mindset that counts players like Dunbar, McFadden, Randle and Escobar as proven commodities.

All are in the "hope" category . And you are not even intellectually honest enough with anyone, including yourself, to acknowledge that fact.

I hate the Eagles unlike any other team right now. I get just as angry listening to the anointing and so on. Were the Cowboys playing them full strength, I would not feel like I do.

Which is, of course, just like I explained earlier and you didn't bother to comprehend it.;

I read just fine I just think it's pretty pathetic and lame how you're less invested in this game just because we're banged up. When did I say these three backs were proven commodities? They're explosive and dynamic in the open field and they all showed that in Week 1.

Who exactly are proven commodities for the Eagles? Sam Bradford hasn't shown he can stay healthy. Even when he has he hasn't been anything more than an average quarterback.

What if we lose this game and end up missing the postseason by a game or like last year end up tied for the best record and lose the tie breaker and one game would've made the difference? That ever occur to you? That's why I hate this mindset you have.

Every loss is just as vital when you're talking about the NFL. You can't afford to just say we can lose because you're banged up. I realize Dez and Gregory are huge losses. What do you expect teams to feel sorry for us? It could be a lot worse. At least we're getting those guys back at some point. Teams like Green Bay, Carolina, and Chicago lost their top receiver for the season.

We're without Dez and we're gonna be without him for awhile. So what are you gonna not be invested in the games until he returns? If so some fan you're. Cowboys need their fans into every game. Invested. That's what they deserve. These guys put it all on the line every single week. They fight and they persevere. They at least deserve fans who gonna be into the games every single week. To not is just embarrassing and pretty sad.

Calling me an imbecile for calling your out for your BS? Okay I'll take that. That's fine. I could care less what a pathetic excuse for a fan has to say about me.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Thanks Corso, but you are trying to explain quantum physics to an ape in this case.

To most face painting imbeciles, there is no alternative when it comes to being a "real fan".

Sad that you need your brother to defend you. :laugh:

Alexander

Reaction score
I read just fine I just think it's pretty pathetic and lame how you're less invested in this game just because we're banged up. When did I say these three backs were proven commodities? They're explosive and dynamic in the open field and they all showed that in Week 1.

Who exactly are proven commodities for the Eagles? Sam Bradford hasn't shown he can stay healthy. Even when he has he hasn't been anything more than an average quarterback.

What if we lose this game and end up missing the postseason by a game or like last year end up tied for the best record and lose the tie breaker and one game would've made the difference? That ever occur to you? That's why I hate this mindset you have.

Again, you must believe if you scream loud that it matters.

This is one game of fourteen more.

I choose to invest less because of the circumstances. This is about as weak as we will see this football team for the rest of the season.

But unless I roll my eyes into the back of my head and ring a cowbell, I am less of a fan than the likes of you?

If that is legitimate, I will take that and go along with the rest of my life knowing I have a functional brain.

Every loss is just as vital when you're talking about the NFL. You can't afford to just say we can lose because you're banged up. I realize Dez and Gregory are huge losses. What do you expect teams to feel sorry for us? It could be a lot worse. At least we're getting those guys back at some point. Teams like Green Bay, Carolina, and Chicago lost their top receiver for the season.

I don't expect any pity from opponents. I just don't sit around and wonder how everyone yanks themselves up by the proverbial bootstraps and just pulls together for the big win.

The NFL season is cyclical and I believe the arrow is down for the week. Plain and simple.

We're without Dez and we're gonna be without him for awhile. So what are you gonna not be invested in the games until he returns? If so some fan you're. Cowboys need their fans into every game. Invested. That's what they deserve. These guys put it all on the line every single week. They fight and they persevere. They at least deserve fans who gonna be into the games every single week. To not is just embarrassing and pretty sad.

More reading comprehension issues. I did not speak beyond the investment for this game. Just think it is a bad week. It has nothing to do with the rest of the season. But then again, I really am questioning my intellect by even debating with a face painter, who, by the way, has adopted Darren McFadden as his mascot.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I honestly believe if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, "turnovers", we will win. Bradford is not that good. The key is slowing their running game. We hold onto the ball and slow the run, we win, and I think it happens because last week we were a mess and we won't be two weeks in a row.......

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
@RunDMC I honestly think you might have overreacted in this instance. When I read "invested" I read it as if this weeks result will be necessarily indicative of the season as a whole, and this is coming from someone who often sees things differently than Alexander.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I won't be surprised at all if Dallas loses in Philly tomorrow. I think it is probably the most likely outcome.

Dallas is missing several key guys, including Dez, Gregory, and likely Leary... and that isn't even including the two defensive forces who won't be playing in Hardy and McClain.

Add in that Philly absolutely has to win this game because they can't go 2 (really 2.5) games down to Dallas by the second game of the season and it is easy to realize just how desperate the Eagles will be in tomorrow's game.

Frankly, I don't mind the position at all and I think it is favorable to Dallas.

Philly should win this game. It is at their house. They have Murray who wants to make Dallas sorry they let him go. They want revenge as a whole because it was Dallas they gave their playoff hopes the death blow last year. They're healthy and desperate.

Plus, Dallas is still working on their run game, they don't have a bell cow back yet, they're missing the team's emotional engine and biggest playmaker in Dez Bryant. Dallas won't have its best two pass rushers in Gregory and Hardy and their best corner is lost for the year.

So, it is a long season and losing in Philly is expected by everyone. I'm fine with that. Dallas isn't going to go undefeated and this isn't anything Dallas can't come back from.

No pressure for Dallas.

The Eagles however, will have 100% of the pressure on them. Dallas isn't at full strength, it is at home, and everyone and their brother will be expecting Philly to win.

If Dallas does win... lookout. Dallas is good but just how good we don't know yet. If they can have all of that going against them and still go win in Philly... the rest of the league is in trouble, and that goes double for the Eagles.

If Dallas wins this game then by the last half of the season when Gregory, Dez, Hardy, McClain, Leary, etc. are all back and the young guys have a half a season under their belts... they will be a force to be reckoned with.

I love games like this. No pressure on Dallas and a loss is expected... but a win will be the tell-tale sign of a powerhouse team.

Can't wait.

Alexander

Reaction score
I honestly believe if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, "turnovers", we will win. Bradford is not that good. The key is slowing their running game. We hold onto the ball and slow the run, we win, and I think it happens because last week we were a mess and we won't be two weeks in a row.......

Bradford has issues handling pressure. Unless there is an uptick from people not named Gregory, I have a hard time seeing this D accomplish their objectives.

I don't think the Eagles run much. I think they pass. Just a guess, but I can see them trying to be tricky with the Murray hype.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Me too. Eagles fans are talking so much crap. It would devastate them if we beat them down 5 of our best players in their house. lol.

Alexander

Reaction score
I love games like this. No pressure on Dallas and a loss is expected... but a win will be the tell-tale sign of a powerhouse team.

Can't wait.

That is what I mean by emotional investment. Makes the highs very high and the low easier to stomach.

A win tomorrow would be top of the world outstanding. I would just prefer to let it happen versus bang a gong and howl at the moon hoping it does.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Bradford has issues handling pressure. Unless there is an uptick from people not named Gregory, I have a hard time seeing this D accomplish their objectives.

I don't think the Eagles run much. I think they pass. Just a guess, but I can see them trying to be tricky with the Murray hype.

I think they try to run it down our throats but they may not. Murray will probably have a decent day though since he didn't have many yards last week. I like our corners against their receivers. I still think we win........

Alexander

Reaction score
I think they try to run it down our throats but they may not. Murray will probably have a decent day though since he didn't have many yards last week. I like our corners against their receivers. I still think we win........

If the Eagles run more, I think that speaks to Kelly being a little less self indulgent than I think he is.

I honestly think he believes in his passing scheme with Bradford and has a lot of pride put into it.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Me too!! A win basically gives us a 2 if not 3 game cushion early on which this team could use. With NY playing ATL and WSH playing STL we could open a big gap.

Deep_South

Reaction score
The Eagles' guards are awful. We should be able to stuff them between the tackles and force them to run outside or throw it like Atlanta did.

However, we might want to skip the Jacques Reeves D the Falcons ran most of the 2nd half. :)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That is what I mean by emotional investment. Makes the highs very high and the low easier to stomach.

A win tomorrow would be top of the world outstanding. I would just prefer to let it happen versus bang a gong and howl at the moon hoping it does.

I hear ya man. I know what you mean.

I realize that I may look at it differently than some but I do feel like Dallas doesn't have a lot to lose but they have a ton to gain.

If Dallas does go win tomorrow... then the league better look out when they get all of their guys back.

And, I don't want anyone to misunderstand me... I definitely think Dallas can win tomorrow. They are a really good team even without all those players.

But I just don't see it as the most likely outcome.

I say tomato and you say tomato. Everybody looks at it in their own way.

Alexander

Reaction score
I hear ya man. I know what you mean.

I realize that I may look at it differently than some but I do feel like Dallas doesn't have a lot to lose but they have a ton to gain.

If Dallas does go win tomorrow... then the league better look out when they get all of their guys back.

And, I don't want anyone to misunderstand me... I definitely think Dallas can win tomorrow. They are a really good team even without all those players.

But I just don't see it as the most likely outcome.

I say tomato and you say tomato. Everybody looks at it in their own way.

Spoken like another fellow fake fan. Congrats.