I want Dallas to win this game so bad

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I said what i said. Will we be effective as with bryant no, but if we used our pieces correctly we could do fair to average. Yes Dez makes an offense but im not saying we cant score tds if our pieces are used correctly

Well damn. Grab your clipboard and headset.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
This game is very winnable. Gregory and Leary being out is not that big of a deal at all. Dez being out does hurt us but it's next man up around here.

If we come out and play dink and dunk all game like we did against the Giants we will definitely lose. However, if we come out and play like we know we can then we have a great shot.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This game is very winnable. Gregory and Leary being out is not that big of a deal at all. Dez being out does hurt us but it's next man up around here.

If we come out and play dink and dunk all game like we did against the Giants we will definitely lose. However, if we come out and play like we know we can then we have a great shot.

What is this know we can offense and how does it work?

ufcrules1

Reaction score
What is this know we can offense and how does it work?

It works the way that last drive worked in the Giants game. We have the best oline in the NFL... no reason to go out there an dink and dunk like we did for most of the last game. I'm excited to see how our game plan will adjust after the last game.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I know this is only week two, and this is a marathon and not a sprint. However, I am so sick and tired of Eagle fans talking trash, giggling over the injury to Dez, people at telling me that Dallas has always been a "fair to midlin" club, asking me why it has taken the Cowboys five years to build a team when Philly did it in one offseason, and on and on. Does it ever end?

If Romo can spread the ball around to all receivers (to include the backs), the Cowboys will be very dangerous.

I have always believed in the theory that "A wounded lion is twice as deadly." The Cowboys are that wounded lion.

GO OUT THERE - BELT THEM IN THE MOUTH - SCORE LOTS OF POINTS - AND MAKE THEM BELIEVE THEY DO NOT BELONG IN THE NFC EAST!

You said it that's give an old fashioned butt kicking !!!! Dallas 38 eagles 21

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Well damn. Grab your clipboard and headset.

looked what happened when they realized Escobar can make tds? Wasted time with Bennet, and look what the Bears got out of him? So, sometimes we dont use our pieces correctly. LEts hope that changes. Who here really believes Weeden is a better QB than working on a prospect or a long term back up qb?

Manster68

Reaction score
OMG! Are you some kind of FAN, or what? lol Screw the eagles.

I'll tell you this. I have had to deal with Eagle fans all my life. They are all the same.

1. They cannot take what they dish out.
2. They will downplay their teams defeats by saying things like, "I really don't care; I'm not that much into it."
3. When they win, they are up front and in your face.

In 1992, after the last week of the regular season, an Eagle fan came up to me saying, "Three more wins, and we are in the Super Bowl." Well DUH! You could say that about all of the playoff teams DOPEY!

Then there was the Eagle fan in the sports bar in the early 2000s. When the Eagles were playing well, or the Cowboys were losing, he would be right there among us chirping everything up. When things went bad for his team, or Dallas playing well, he suddenly disappeared.

I'll never forget the ESPN radio host (and Philly homer) Tony Bruno. Throughout the 90s, you always heard him say about Aikman, "Take 15 for the Team!!!"

This is the garbage I am talking about!

BTW 5Stars - Thank you.

Manster68

Reaction score
Who said the loss of Dez will be compensated? You can't replace a talent like him. Doesn't matter the offense is just gonna sputter without him. Look at how we used Dunbar against the Giants. When he gets matched up against a linebacker that's a mismatch. Escobar when we've actually used him has made plays. He's a big target who is also athletic and is sure handed. Beasley is on the verge of being one of the better slot receivers in the league, T-Will is a big play guy, and Witten is still one of the best tight ends in football. Oh and Tony Romo is as good as any quarterback in football protected by a monster OL.

You may not be able to replace a talent like Dez Bryant, but you can sure adjust to the other talent there is on that side of the ball.

Manster68

Reaction score
Again, you must believe if you scream loud that it matters.

This is one game of fourteen more.

I choose to invest less because of the circumstances. This is about as weak as we will see this football team for the rest of the season.

But unless I roll my eyes into the back of my head and ring a cowbell, I am less of a fan than the likes of you?

If that is legitimate, I will take that and go along with the rest of my life knowing I have a functional brain.

I don't expect any pity from opponents. I just don't sit around and wonder how everyone yanks themselves up by the proverbial bootstraps and just pulls together for the big win.

The NFL season is cyclical and I believe the arrow is down for the week. Plain and simple.

More reading comprehension issues. I did not speak beyond the investment for this game. Just think it is a bad week. It has nothing to do with the rest of the season. But then again, I really am questioning my intellect by even debating with a face painter, who, by the way, has adopted Darren McFadden as his mascot.

Alexander, I know that this game is not the end all, be all. However, there are some other factors that give me hope for this game against Philly.
1. The Cowboy players will fight for Coach Garrett. They always have starting from the first day he became the head coach filling in for Phillips.
2. The Cowboys have drafted well over the last six seasons (2010-present). They have really churned the bottom of the roster with much more quality depth.
3. Garrett has gone to war before with less and have beaten teams better than Philly.
4. IF Dallas wins this game - THEY WILL BE IN PHILLY's HEAD FOR AS LONG AS GARRETT IS THE COACH!

kimrose

Reaction score
You're not gonna invest a lot just because we're missing a few players. What kind of fan are you?

As a fan you should ALWAYS be invested. That's ridiculous. Dallas is fully capable of winning this football game.

Jesus man did you forget we still have TONY ROMO and the best offensive line in the game. Not to mention we still have Witten, Beasley, Williams, Dunbar, McFadden, Randle, and Escobar. I can't stand this kind of mindset.

Oh we're missing Dez and Gregory that means I'm not gonna invest in this game because we don't stand a chance and can't beat the almighty Eagles. People keep talking about them coming back against Atlanta guess what? They still lost the damn game while Dallas won. Bring them on. I'm not scared of them. They're a severely flawed football team. Are they capable of beating us? Sure, but we're just as capable of beating them. We have the far superior quarterback, better O-Line, offensive weapons just as good if not better even without Dez, and our defense is coming off a very impressive showing where they only allowed NYG to score 9 points while the Eagles got torched by the Falcons.

Wow, RunDMC. I love your post! You are spot on, and an awesome fan! And I just have to say that I have been around these boards since 2005 (under my husband's name, my account came later) and I have never in all of these years seen a "like" count that was higher than a "message" count. Maybe I just never noticed before, but I have really never seen it, yours really stood out to me. 134 - 170. As impressive as your post, sir. Double like from me, if it was possible.
:thumbup:

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I know this is only week two, and this is a marathon and not a sprint. However, I am so sick and tired of Eagle fans talking trash, giggling over the injury to Dez, people at telling me that Dallas has always been a "fair to midlin" club, asking me why it has taken the Cowboys five years to build a team when Philly did it in one offseason, and on and on. Does it ever end?

If Romo can spread the ball around to all receivers (to include the backs), the Cowboys will be very dangerous.

I have always believed in the theory that "A wounded lion is twice as deadly." The Cowboys are that wounded lion.

GO OUT THERE - BELT THEM IN THE MOUTH - SCORE LOTS OF POINTS - AND MAKE THEM BELIEVE THEY DO NOT BELONG IN THE NFC EAST!

Preach it! I hate the giggles so much. There is no team in the NFL i hate more than the Giggles. Smack em hard Cowboys!