I wonder if Jerry feels any shame for all the careers he's wasted

Redline360

Reaction score
Tons of great players never win the big one. Some icons dedicated to one team/ city while others chase a payday.

Also playing for the Cowboys the players should know first hand a "championship" is not in their future with Jerry still in charge.

You could look at this so many ways

Mattitude

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? You think he feels shame for bringing players to the Cowboys? Get a grip. Fans like you are why cowboys fans are hated. You probably aren’t even from Dallas

cowboyed

Reaction score
The way I look at it, these football players made a great living joining the Cowboys and enjoy the game. Of course they do want to win, but it's not like they quit because they are so distressed over not getting into the post season or seek out a mental therapist.

I don't see why Jerry should be ashamed of himself but certainly he should be disappointed and hold himself accountable for the team's winning inconsistency over the years in his position as GM.

LittleD

Reaction score
Guys,,,Guys! NFL Football is a business and for the Owners and Players it's all about the Quan. It's primarily a true statement, except for Brady who just loves to win baby!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is the OP just disgruntled because he's one of those whose career was "wasted by Jerry"? I'm guessing a former janitor at the Star in Frisco because he refused to follow the pandemic protocol. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"...Narcissists, the third type, are independent and not easily impressed. They are innovators, driven in business to gain power and glory. Productive narcissists are experts in their industries, but they go beyond it. They also pose the critical questions. They want to learn everything about everything that affects the company and its products. Unlike erotics, they want to be admired, not loved. And unlike obsessives, they are not troubled by a punishing superego, so they are able to aggressively pursue their goals. Of all the personality types, narcissists run the greatest risk of isolating themselves at the moment of success..."

Organizational Culture | Narcissistic Leaders: The Incredible Pros, the Inevitable Cons, Harvard Business Review

I believe Jerry Jones feels shame. However, my counter-questions would be, "So what if he does feel shame? To what degree does shame matter to a narcissist?" I would suggest 32 years of observation should answer those questions for anyone.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am not talking about a chip and a chair chance. They had legitimate chances but just didn’t capitalize. 2007 comes to mind when the team had the #1 seed throughout the playoffs.

Just because the team didn’t win doesn’t mean they didn’t have a chance to win. That team could have beaten any team in the league.

Therefore, the player’s career haven’t been “wasted” as people try to claim.

I believe like you do. I am the only one that can ruin my life. The team has squandered possible championship years. Their careers contributed to every loss and win.

Zordon

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? You think he feels shame for bringing players to the Cowboys? Get a grip. Fans like you are why cowboys fans are hated. You probably aren’t even from Dallas
Lol I'm more Dallas than anybody on this site.

basel90

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

To some extent - Dez, Frederick

Probably on the way - Tyron, Martin, Dak, Zeke, D-Law

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?
He ignored the defense and focused on offensive stars mostly . The result is obvious . And he undermined many coaches and scouts .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

Romo lost playoff games due to his trying to do too much.
Witten did great, not his fault the team didn't get to a SB.
Ware got a ring with Denver, so his career wasn't wasted.
Lee hurt constantly, he didn't contribute as much as he should have. So he was in a slight degree responsible.

I think JJ does feel some compassion for those, but it's not all Jerry's fault they didn't get a ring....