I wonder if Jerry feels any shame for all the careers he's wasted

Big_D

Reaction score
That's a bit of a strict criteria. Plenty of non-SB-winning players are in the hall of fame.

For OP, Jerry feels no shame. He paid people to do work, and it didn't work. So what.

But at the same time, his coaches, his drafts, his free agent pickups. All played a part in the circus. Every player in the league gets paid. You still need to build a quality roster and make smart decisions. Manage with some common sense.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If you think aikman was secretly drawing up plays to irvin when play design was designed for another player you're dumb. Aikman was all business unlike Romo.
:facepalm:

Yeah not to be confused with those BFF’s Aikman, Smith & Irvin who were distracted by their goofy friendship.

C’mon man be better than that. :facepalm:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Well, dang, you really rained on the @Zordon whine and cheese party/anti-Jerry rant. :lmao2:
Lol nah he cool. I just wanted it to be known that jerry isnt totally at fault. I only feel sorry for the real guys who didnt get caught up in cowboys allure.

Big_D

Reaction score
If you think aikman was secretly drawing up plays to irvin when play design was designed for another player you're dumb. Aikman was all business unlike Romo.

This is a coaching issue. Johnson was all business, Romo had a clown show. From Parcells to 2 crap coaches that ran this team into the ground. Jerry completely dropped the ball hiring Phillips and Garrett. And that team went on to fall apart which is exactly what we expected from Jerry.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Some of those players didnt want to win a chip first and foremost either. Majority of the names actually

Romo/Witten chose being bffs and Garrett over winning by running off TO and playing favorites.

Dez never tried to get better at the finer points of the game.

Zeke clearly doesnt care about winning after getting his bag. Same with Lawrence.

Id say Ware, Frederick and Zach/Tyron the only guys who really wanted to win without all the goofy extra stuff.
You win a free Doughnut
Bobs-Donuts.jpg

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
If only he would stop micromanaging

You must be new to following the Cowboys....... Jerry Jones doesn't micromanage his business'. It's the Jones family who is ensuring the Cowboys Franchise is profitable and capable of taking care of the family assets. The Cowboys franchise is the money maker that fuels the Jones family and their financial freedom. It is profits over championships that keeps the Jones family in business.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This is a coaching issue. Johnson was all business, Romo had a clown show. From Parcells to 2 crap coaches that ran this team into the ground. Jerry completely dropped the ball hiring Phillips and Garrett. And that team went on to fall apart which is exactly what we expected from Jerry.
Remember aikman on the sideline yelling because of Switzers nonsense? Yeah......and again, clown show didnt make him show up out of shape

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

To some extent - Dez, Frederick

Probably on the way - Tyron, Martin, Dak, Zeke, D-Law

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?

He drowns his guilt with scotch. It's good scotch but nevertheless its still drowned. He'll never get the Jimmy Johnson monkey off his back.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He wasted 10 years training Garrett, so does he care about wasting the player's careers? um nope, in his tiny wrinkled brain he doesn't even think like that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Individual players cannot win championships. Most of those players had/are successful, in the NFL.
They had opportunities to win and did not. Are you under the impression they never had a chance to win?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But at the same time, his coaches, his drafts, his free agent pickups. All played a part in the circus. Every player in the league gets paid. You still need to build a quality roster and make smart decisions. Manage with some common sense.

Its crazy because the Cowboys are considered talented......so I don't think its a lack of talent.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?
Jesus literally 20 other NFL teams have not won a super bowl as long or longer than the time its been since we have won. People need to stop this sense of entitlement and this nonsense that Jerry cares more about fame and money than winning. The dude is trying, sure he has made mistakes but he wants to win.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

lol...Uh no! He is rich, one way or the other...he has to shame because of his fans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Romo had exactly what he wanted though. If Romo went to Jerry and said I need better coaching Jerry would've listened. No doubt about it.

lockster

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

No. Lol. Not a bit.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

The answer is no. Those players kept the Cowboys relevant. That is what Jerry says his goal was the keep the Cowboys "relevant".

Jimmy Johnson got him his Super Bowls. Relevant status for America's Team makes you billions dollars.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

Jerry ultimately cares about Jerry.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

Garrett takes huge blame too...given caviar to make dinner, served us bread and jam...