I would extend Rush today!

Ken

Reaction score
Um, I don't see 3,700 yards, nearly a 70% completion rate, 34 tds and 9 ints being a "bus driver". If that's the case we'd better acknowledge Aikman as the king of bus driver quarterbacks, his best year he had only 23 tds or something like that.

Perhaps we have different definitions of "bus driver" quarterbacks...
I have already called Aikman the ultimate bus driver.

Romo only averaged 29 attempts a game in 2014. He was highly effective in those attempts.

For perspective....the gaggle hollers that Dak was a bus driver in 2016 (which he was) and he averaged 28.6 attempts.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak has his flaws, but the sample size on Rush is just too small.
I just "fear" that with all the praise going toward Rush, Dak will try to, er, rush himself back into the lineup not being fully healthy and do even worse.
I, personally, think Rush's success so far will light a fire under Dak.
Haven't we been bemoaning the perception that Dak doesn't have any competition pushing him to be better?
Well, he has it now.
Unless Rush delivers wins against the Rams, the Eagles, the Packers and the Vikings, Dak is getting his job back whenever he fully heals and is ready to play.

Retro88

Reaction score
There is no way Rush would sign an extension. It doesn't make a lot of sense for him to do that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You aren't a dinosaur....you were raised right.
those fans are now backtracking from the corners they painted themselves into after week 1 all they said about 4-5 players and about the coaches and owners. All were WRONG and now making excuses and realizing maybe you shouldn't make these statements then have to go take them back later.

all this love for player(s) most here came out and said Rush is trash and we were DONE when dak went down unless we traded for a better qb.. Noah browns was called trash they wanted smith or Vasher, Tyler 73 wouldn't hold up and shouldn't be the LT, they wanted some expensive vets left over in FA, Jerry had NO plan, Maher worst ever choice, and we wouldn't win another game this season.

HEY MODS can you go back after Daks injury week one and please PIN all those posts back up and highlight and call out every zoner who said those things and now are flipping their opinion and now are saying the opposite. hypocrites.

go pin mine

i said rush would be the best choice because he knew the offense and dak would be back before you could get anther qb ready to play.
odd how narratives get busted.

I was called a Kool-Aid drinking homer because i supported the coaches, players, and owners all offseason and after game 1...

Its what fans do we can have chat about the season in February and most of the opinions should be held until than..we need full season to judge and offseason.

Ken

Reaction score
And then comes the typical Romo nonsense, 2014 Romo was not a bus driver, as 20 of his 38 TDs were more than 15 yards. 11 were the vertical/fade/go over the shoulder routes, 8 on a slant drag or drive.

That’s the exact opposite of a bus driver. Thats a real QB that can throw when opposing defenses have up worry about the run.
Dak had 12 of his 23 tds in 2016 at 15 or more.

Weird metric for proving/disproving bus driver status.

I would rather just look at whether the offense was on their shoulders or not.

Ken

Reaction score
There is no way Rush would sign an extension. It doesn't make a lot of sense for him to do that.
Maybe. If i were him, I wouldn't pass up a 3 year 10 million dollar contract with about half of it guaranteed though.

It was only a few weeks ago that the entire league said no thanks when he was available.

khiladi

Reaction score
He had 29 tds....

He was a rookie.

I know this is hard for you to understand.

He had 23 PASSING TDs. They were running read-options, aka a college offense with hardly any drop backs. And he is no longer a rookie and he still sucks.

He was a bus driver, Romo with 38 passing TDs, with 20 of them over 15 yards.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Dak had 12 of his 23 tds in 2016 at 15 or more.

Weird metric for proving/disproving bus driver status.

I would rather just look at whether the offense was on their shoulders or not.
With that stellar Oline play and running game, things where very easy to drive the bus.Dak didn’t have to do much as the running game had to be accounted for leaving some easy plays for Dak.He lucked into a great situation w/ two QB’s going down on a loaded team and didn’t have to do much except ride Zeke’s coattails and rob him of RTY.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
those fans are now backtracking from the corners they painted themselves into after week 1 all they said about 4-5 players and about the coaches and owners. All were WRONG and now making excuses and realizing maybe you shouldn't make these statements then have to go take them back later.

all this love for player(s) most here came out and said Rush is trash and we were DONE when dak went down unless we traded for a better qb.. Noah browns was called trash they wanted smith or Vasher, Tyler 73 wouldn't hold up and shouldn't be the LT, they wanted some expensive vets left over in FA, Jerry had NO plan, Maher worst ever choice, and we wouldn't win another game this season.

HEY MODS can you go back after Daks injury week one and please PIN all those posts back up and highlight and call out every zoner who said those things and now are flipping their opinion and now are saying the opposite. hypocrites.

go pin mine

i said rush would be the best choice because he knew the offense and dak would be back before you could get anther qb ready to play.
odd how narratives get busted.

I was called a Kool-Aid drinking homer because i supported the coaches, players, and owners all offseason and after game 1...

Its what fans do we can have chat about the season in February and most of the opinions should be held until than..we need full season to judge and offseason.
All fans are different and their is nothing wrong with criticism or negativity, but the name calling is not necessary....to me, those that do it are the real trash. :thumbdown:

Ken

Reaction score
With that stellar Oline play and running game, things where very easy to drive the bus.Dak didn’t have to do much as the running game had to be accounted for leaving some easy plays for Dak.He lucked into a great situation w/ two QB’s going down on a loaded team and didn’t have to do much except ride Zeke’s coattails and rob him of RTY.
Lol.

Yes, 2014 Romo didn't have anything to work with. LOL.

Ken

Reaction score
38 total, as he threw 4 in the playoffs. And he played 15 games in the regular season.

But again, hardly a bus driver.
Oh, then Dak had 26 tds as he threw 3 more vs GB in the playoffs.

My definition of bus driver is whether the whole offense is on your shoulders or not. 29 attempts per game and have a dominant running attack is not that. Sorry.

He was a better qb because he was relegated to that....argue all you want. I was as big of a Romo fan as I am a Dak fan and I admit that. Same with Dak, we need to get back to running the ball more when he gets back.

Ken

Reaction score
He had 23 PASSING TDs. They were running read-options, aka a college offense with hardly any drop backs. And he is no longer a rookie and he still sucks.

He was a bus driver, Romo with 38 passing TDs, with 20 of them over 15 yards.
Do you use the read option bash against guys like Hurts, Wentz, Jackson, Allen etc?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I was very wrong about him. I thought he was a complete trash QB and we had a horrific QB situation behind Dak that would be a disaster if they ever had to play for any amount of time.

This guy has proven he is what you want in a backup qb. Give us a chance to win, not limit the offense, and actually play well in crunch time.

I would extend him now to a competitive backup QB salary and lock him up for a few years so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

I agree. I am pretty sure we can see what we have. A very solid back up qb that does exactly what you want froma back up. He actually makes plays. He throws to the right guy. e gets rid of the ball quickly. He does not turn it over. He is in total charge of the huddle. You dont get a starting qb to b back up for very long, so lets stop thinking we are going to have a Carr as our back up. Cooper could be in a position to make a little coin next year, so I agree we should lock him up for 3 years and call it a day.

Reactions: Ken

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Lol.

Yes, 2014 Romo didn't have anything to work with. LOL.
Was a better team in 2014 because the QB was better.Dallas should have been moving to the next round as Romo made a clutch throw to Dez who was robbed as we all know.Dak wouldn’t know a clutch throw if it punched him in the face.

Ken

Reaction score
Was a better team in 2014 because the QB was better.Dallas should have been moving to the next round as Romo made a clutch throw to Dez who was robbed as we all know.Dak wouldn’t know a clutch throw if it punched him in the face.
You do realize that Dak tied the game against Arod and the pack at 31 with less than 30 seconds to go, right?

You do know we also had a horrific D in 2016 right?

Retro88

Reaction score
Maybe. If i were him, I wouldn't pass up a 3 year 10 million dollar contract with about half of it guaranteed though.

It was only a few weeks ago that the entire league said no thanks when he was available.

Yes, but imo that's close to what the floor is now. I think he has potential to make significantly more than that. That's why I don't believe it's in his best interest to sign an extension.

Reactions: Ken