I would extend Rush today!

Ken

Reaction score
Yes, but imo that's close to what the floor is now. I think he has potential to make significantly more than that. That's why I don't believe it's in his best interest to sign an extension.
I would hate to lose him because we let him get to FA though.

I just like that we wouldn't have to worry about the season being in the toilet if Dak gets hurt again next year for any amount of time.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
You do realize that Dak tied the game against Arod and the pack at 31 with less than 30 seconds to go, right?

You do know we also had a horrific D in 2016 right?
Dak played very well that game.Didn’t look like a rookie.2014 defense was just as bad.

Reactions: Ken

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was very wrong about him. I thought he was a complete trash QB and we had a horrific QB situation behind Dak that would be a disaster if they ever had to play for any amount of time.

This guy has proven he is what you want in a backup qb. Give us a chance to win, not limit the offense, and actually play well in crunch time.

I would extend him now to a competitive backup QB salary and lock him up for a few years so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Oddly, these types are a dime a dozen.

Qcard

Reaction score
I was very wrong about him. I thought he was a complete trash QB and we had a horrific QB situation behind Dak that would be a disaster if they ever had to play for any amount of time.

This guy has proven he is what you want in a backup qb. Give us a chance to win, not limit the offense, and actually play well in crunch time.

I would extend him now to a competitive backup QB salary and lock him up for a few years so we don't have to worry about it anymore.
Got 'em!!
:lmao2::lmao2:

Qcard

Reaction score
I wouldnt extend anything

let him go out there and keep fighting and winning games
Why the Eye Test Clan have spoken

They can clearly see Cooper Rush is going get Rookie Offense Player of the year in his 6th season.:lmao2::lmao2:

Ken

Reaction score
Why the Eye Test Clan have spoken

They can clearly see Cooper Rush is going get Rookie Offense Player of the year in his 6th season.:lmao2::lmao2:
Two of the BEST td throws this year you will ever see.

Like, they are really arguing that he is better than Dak.

Retro88

Reaction score

I just like that we wouldn't have to worry about the season being in the toilet if Dak gets hurt again next year for any amount of time.

I would hate to see him go but if he stays on his current trajectory s

I would too but I think there's a good shot at it happening. If I'm SF right now....I'm definitely paying attention to this situation.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol.

Yes, 2014 Romo didn't have anything to work with. LOL.

The defense sucked without Sean Lee and that wasn’t the argument anyways. Romo wasn’t a bus driver, would have had a home-run hitter Zeke, not the bus driver, and the OL that was hitting its peak playing together.

khiladi

Reaction score
You do realize that Dak tied the game against Arod and the pack at 31 with less than 30 seconds to go, right?

You do know we also had a horrific D in 2016 right?

the Packers defense sucked way worse than our 2016 defense, but of course your don’t count that for Dak chucking up balls to Dez Bryant, or that Dez should have been kept to play with Dak

Dez the next scape goat for Dak, the guy Romk had no problems getting the ball too “when driving the bus” plus it was a home game.. this wasn’t sub zero degree temperature in Lambeau against an undefeated packers team at home..

khiladi

Reaction score
that's part of the point but Daks better than a bus driver and when called upon he is better than rush at making plays when we need MORE scoring. Rush is who he is and its his ceiling, issue is that all he is.

Dak can drive the bus but when needed he can make more plays. if fans do not get that, well again. clueless.

Dak can’t score when we need more scoring. He’s the reason we need more scoring in the first place. Then comes the garbage time stats.

khiladi

Reaction score
I know it’s hard to register, but Rush simply proves Dak was one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history. What he does well makes apparent what Dak has always been incredibly mediocre at. And those traits that Rush does pretty good are what makes elite QBs elite, while possessing the physical tools that Rush is limited by.

That’s enough. The ship has sunk for Dak as far as those that were still sitting in the fence.

shabazz

Reaction score
Really puts them in a precarious situation to have to argue with me, doesn't it?

It hasn't stopped some of the truly ignorant though lol

Nothing precarious about calling out a passive-aggresive thread.....easy pickins

Get off the ledge

Ken

Reaction score
the Packers defense sucked way worse than our 2016 defense, but of course your don’t count that for Dak chucking up balls to Dez Bryant, or that Dez should have been kept to play with Dak

Dez the next scape goat for Dak, the guy Romk had no problems getting the ball too “when driving the bus” plus it was a home game.. this wasn’t sub zero degree temperature in Lambeau against an undefeated packers team at home..
Oh lordy...still fighting this battle huh?

Explain how Dez had his best Playoff game ever with Dak as his qb?

I'll wait.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak clearly doesn’t have the tools of a top-tier QB. He had a limited skill set of things he does well, and is complete mediocrity with respect to many of the essential traits that they possess.

In the end, he’s another one of those many QBs that got a couple year starting, but in a franchise that was loaded and made money because of other guys. That’s successful, but it still doesn’t mean he’s a good NFL QB.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak can’t score when we need more scoring. He’s the reason we need more scoring in the first place. Then comes the garbage time stats.
#1 in scoring offense last year.

Too easy.