I would extend Rush today!

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh lordy...still fighting this battle huh?

Explain how Dez had his best Playoff game ever with Dak as his qb?

I'll wait.

I think I made it pretty clear. Because the Packers secondary had third string scrubs off the street and were allowing over 400 yards plus against bum teams going into the playoffs. And they weren’t even projected to make the playoffs mid-way though the season, but AR played ridiculous to resurrect their season. One point being, their 2016 defense was A LOT WORSE than our 2016 defense which actually had Sean Lee the whole year which is a miracle in and of itself.

Explain how Dez then proceeded to completely suck and become the scapegoat for Dak after this playoff game.

Ken

Reaction score
Because the Packers secondary had third string scrubs off the street and were allowing over 400 yards plus against bum teams going into the playoffs.

Explain how Dez then proceeded to completely suck and become the scapegoat for Dak after this playoff game.
Hurt his ankle in 2017 and was never the same explosive player.

Anything else?

Also, Dak isn't the throw it up and hope kind of QB, he likes precision in his route running. This is why he doesn't throw ints at the same rate as like a romo did.

khiladi

Reaction score
#1 in scoring offense last year.

Too easy.

Ah yes, with Dak playing into the third quarter against the Eagles JV squad and the garbage Commanders teams to pad his numbers only to flail around like a fish out of water in the playoffs and against a bunch of decent teams.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is gravy to me, watching Dak-Stan’s desperately trying to appear “balanced” now, as Rush continued to win more games while bashing the coaches, roster and everybody and their mother for years, saying we are done for as mediocre starting QB is no longer here.

Dalton actually proved the same thing after the bye without Zach Thomas and a real revolving door at OL, but you all were just focused on Moore having DeNucci line up as WR with Zeke in the backfield against the Eagles as some sort of redemption for Dak.

But now you can’t do that with Rush.

It’s great.

khiladi

Reaction score

Anything else?

Also, Dak isn't the throw it up and hope kind of QB, he likes precision in his route running. This is why he doesn't throw ints at the same rate as like a romo did.

Just like his shoulder against the Eagles in 2018 against 3 string scrubs.

2017, they took away Beasley’s routes Buddy. Dak couldn’t adjust, but they blamed Dez and Dak himself said Beasley was his number 1 and they gave him more routes. We saw how that worked out.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Anything else?

lmao...and his receivers want precision throws coming their way instead of all the circus catches they have to make.

But, we do have a good backup QB...to bad they pay him 160 mil.

Ken

Reaction score
Ah yes, with Dak playing into the third quarter against the Eagles JV squad and the garbage Football Team teams to pad his numbers only to flail around like a fish out of water in the playoffs and against a bunch of decent teams.
That was the Eagles choice.

Like Dak wouldn't have thrashed them like he did earlier in the year...lol

What is awesome is i know you are frothing at the mouth with every response and I am just laughing...lol

Ken

Reaction score
Just like his shoulder against the Eagles in 2018 against 3 string scrubs.

2017, they took away Beasley’s routes Buddy. Dak couldn’t adjust, but they blamed Dez and Dak himself said Beasley was his number 1 and they gave him more routes. We saw how that worked out.
You still talking about 2017?

You ok? Wipe your mouth, it is ok, we are talking about Cooper Rush in this thread.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Not thinking extension, but Rush has extended his time in the league with this run.

He's basically gonna have a job in the NFL for at least the next 5 years because of games like last night. That's awesome and I'm happy for him.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wow….if Rush continues to play well, especially with our limited receivers, he will be entrenched as our backup QB and given an average backup contract. No one is going to give him a starting contract. Frankly, we have to still low ball him a bit because we need to always be ready to pounce in the draft whenever a guy with a better skill set is available. Dak is the starter. Rush is the backup, but you need to always be looking and developing for the future. I’m a huge Dak supporter, but I’ve also said repeatedly, in he gets to the soft spot of his contract where we can move on and he hasn’t been to an NFC conference game, you don’t give him another contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was very wrong about him. I thought he was a complete trash QB and we had a horrific QB situation behind Dak that would be a disaster if they ever had to play for any amount of time.

This guy has proven he is what you want in a backup qb. Give us a chance to win, not limit the offense, and actually play well in crunch time.

I would extend him now to a competitive backup QB salary and lock him up for a few years so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

If he sucks next week you’ll be back to calling him trash. We had 176 yards rushing last night. Take the running game away from him and he would struggle. He’s a bus driving game manager.

Ken

Reaction score
If he sucks next week you’ll be changing your tune again. We had 176 yards rushing last night. Take the running game away from him and he would struggle. He’s a bus driving game manager.
Not really.

He has already exceeded expectations so I would just say that we need Dak back for the Rams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not really.

He has already exceeded expectations so I would just say that we need Dak back for the Rams.

He’s exceeded expectations because we’ve played great defense this season and we’ve had a running game. He hasn’t been having to shoulder a big load which is why we haven’t generated much offense with him. We’ve only scored three TDs in two games. His numbers have been pretty puny. He’s been okay but our passing offense has been blah! We couldn’t get anything going until the third and fourth quarter last night. We aren’t going to be able to hang in with a real good team if we don’t start generating more offense. It’s not going to be hard to re-sign him at the end of the season. Some fans are acting like other teams are going to offer him a huge contract. That’s not going to happen!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I was very wrong about him. I thought he was a complete trash QB and we had a horrific QB situation behind Dak that would be a disaster if they ever had to play for any amount of time.

This guy has proven he is what you want in a backup qb. Give us a chance to win, not limit the offense, and actually play well in crunch time.

I would extend him now to a competitive backup QB salary and lock him up for a few years so we don't have to worry about it anymore.
You're probably the same poster who was demanding JJ sign the TOAD HUNTER to a mega lotto contract and now look what we ended up with, a QB who has shown consistently that he can beat decent teams in the NFL. Prescot is one hell of a sideline RAH-RAH guy, but he's a lousy QB...............

Ken

Reaction score
You're probably the same poster who was demanding JJ sign the TOAD HUNTER to a mega lotto contract and now look what we ended up with, a QB who has shown consistently that he can beat decent teams in the NFL. Prescot is one hell of a sideline RAH-RAH guy, but he's a lousy QB...............
I didn't demand anything.

They should have got it done for 32 mill instead of stalling and franchising him.

Sorry, you are so jaded that you can't even recognize a great qb anymore. I am sure you would rather have a Wentz or Daniel Jones instead.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Dak is gone after 2024.

maybe sooner.

they can cut Dak after 2023 and take a 34+mil cap hit.

which could be offset by a team friendly deal with Cooper.