I would hire Mike McCarthy in 2020

sean10mm

Reaction score
If you don't like vanilla offenses Fat Mike will make you literally kill yourself.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I think McCarthy could have a Andy Reid type of rebound.

McCarthy was considered one of the finest offensive minds in the league for a pretty good stretch -- and then he got stale real quick... kinda like Reid at the end in Philly.

I don't think McCarthy is a top 5 coach, however, he'd be a dramatic improvement over JG.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Andy Reid should have been hired years ago after the Eagles let him go. I think Sean Payton’s contract has a clause where he can get out of NO in 2020 is he chooses to do so. He would be the best hire possible.
Does he really ? I thought he just signed a new 5 year contract. That would obviously be my first choice too but didn’t think he’s available.

khiladi

Reaction score
That implies West Coast offense and if Dak is here, it’s the worst possible scenario for Dak.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/en1qB5Z1ZNmzwD_YL6LFdzmJl3uclYVFGILVl-bPQtfK-FCBLkW9YMhw2fKrnKjOZqmX9-IKCxZxBe3XoTeb0vdbFbCvh_0ssRS9wM23LqvQ_1UNj-9SO5m3xwCAxBUK3Df1Z_bD

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
He’s won a SB and been to two NFCC games. I’ve always thought he had GB prepared well in the playoffs despite not having a whole lot of talent outside of Rodgers. He sat out 2019 but he does want to coach in 2020. I would like a new staff and new philosophy. I would like to see what a proven coach like McCarthy would do with this roster. I’m over the “ fight” and “ relentless” stuff. Garrett may be good enough for the Bengals or Dolphins but he isn’t good enough for the Cowboys. It’s time for a a change.
I give you credit for at least mentioning a name. I noticed you threw out a name in the trade for a DT thread as well. Most clowns just want to say make a change with no idea how to do it. Pisses me off

My3Sons

Reaction score
McCarthy took one of the top 3 greatest QBs of all time to one SB win.

Does the best sports franchise in the world really have to shop in the scrap heap? Seriously, there is enough money to hire any coach alive. JJ is getting older and wants another SB. Did anyone see JJ's new boat? No retreads off the fired heap please. Pay all the money and get the best coach.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Anyone would be better than Garrett. He had had plenty of talent over the years but they always come out flat in big games.

Bill parcells took the boys to the playoffs with Quincy Carter at QB and Troy hambrick at RB. That team was nowhere close to as talented as some of these teams Garrett had had. They didn't beat themselves. And they excelled in situational football. Something Garrett has never excelled at.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
McCarthy took one of the top 3 greatest QBs of all time to one SB win.

Does the best sports franchise in the world really have to shop in the scrap heap? Seriously, there is enough money to hire any coach alive. JJ is getting older and wants another SB. Did anyone see JJ's new boat? No retreads off the fired heap please. Pay all the money and get the best coach.
Name another Great player Rodgers had? He never had a good run game. McCarthy always at least had them ready to play. Who else that’s available would you choose?

jnday

Reaction score
Does he really ? I thought he just signed a new 5 year contract. That would obviously be my first choice too but didn’t think he’s available.
He has an “out” in the stipulations of his contract unless something has changed. The out is the reason why his name is kinked to Dallas so often.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will the next "Yes" man step up and pucker up buttercup lots of Jones @@@@@ to kiss.......

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
That implies West Coast offense and if Dak is here, it’s the worst possible scenario for Dak.
I disagree. I think Gallup and Cooper are perfect for a west coast offense. Shorter throws is a good thing for Dak just my opinion.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I think McCarthy could have a Andy Reid type of rebound.

McCarthy was considered one of the finest offensive minds in the league for a pretty good stretch -- and then he got stale real quick... kinda like Reid at the end in Philly.

I don't think McCarthy is a top 5 coach, however, he'd be a dramatic improvement over JG.

My neighbors boxer would be a dramatic improvement over Garrett as coach.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Name another Great player Rodgers had? He never had a good run game. McCarthy always at least had them ready to play. Who else that’s available would you choose?

Rodgers has feasted on the regular season. The difference between Rodgers and Brady is the coach. Brady wins SB after SB with a different cast of who the hell is that. Thank you Bill Belichick. McCarthy is average at best. We have that now.