I would hire Mike McCarthy in 2020

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I’m not sure why anyone believes Jerry is ready to give up control and bring in a HC who could gain more credit than him for winning a championship?
Bingo... seems some have forgotten the Jimmy Johnson resignation/firing... and we all know it was due to Jimmy taking credit for the SB wins.

erod

Reaction score
I think Jerry's preferences would be:

1. Sean Payton
2. Lincoln Riley
3. Kris Richard

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Andy Reid should have been hired years ago after the Eagles let him go. I think Sean Payton’s contract has a clause where he can get out of NO in 2020 is he chooses to do so. He would be the best hire possible.

Payton just signed a five-year extension last week paying him $13 million/year. Apparently, he's not itching to get the Cowboys job.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
He would have been extended already.

Not true. I don't know if he will or won't be the coach next year but the fact that he is working out his contract means nothing. He did it before, his last contract expired in 2014, didn't sign his extension until the season ended. So whether or not you like him or want him, the current status of his contract tells you nothing.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'm good with it.
among NFL candidates he'd be a solid hire.
would he be allowed to pick his staff,tho?
If yes....great...he's an excellent coach....especially considering putting up with cry-baby all those years.
If no.....then watch this front office screw this up even if they were to fire Garrett.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
The only relevant name you guys throw out is Sean Payton. It’s comical because it can’t happen. Can you guys at least throw out a realistic name who’s available? I opened this thread because McCarthy is better than Garrett and available. I’m trying to get better. So who would you hire that’s reasonably available !?

cowboyec

Reaction score
McCarthy took one of the top 3 greatest QBs of all time to one SB win.

Does the best sports franchise in the world really have to shop in the scrap heap? Seriously, there is enough money to hire any coach alive. JJ is getting older and wants another SB. Did anyone see JJ's new boat? No retreads off the fired heap please. Pay all the money and get the best coach.
then if it's all Rodgers.......why does he only have 1 ring???
if its all Rodgers.....the mighty undefeated,unscored upon Rodgers.....they should have 3 or 4.
McCarthy was better than most and had to deal with a weak GM and cry-baby,back-stabbing QB.

cowboyec

Reaction score
The only relevant name you guys throw out is Sean Payton. It’s comical because it can’t happen. Can you guys at least throw out a realistic name who’s available? I opened this thread because McCarthy is better than Garrett and available. I’m trying to get better. So who would you hire that’s reasonably available !?
agreed.
McCarthy
Ken Whisenhunt
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer
Les Miles

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
then if it's all Rodgers.......why does he only have 1 ring???
if its all Rodgers.....the mighty undefeated,unscored upon Rodgers.....they should have 3 or 4.
McCarthy was better than most and had to deal with a weak GM and cry-baby,back-stabbing QB.
And piss poor defensive play. He never had a 1000 back in that system. I mean there’s not a lot of available coaches who have won a super bowl and made it to two other NFCC games. Raise Tom Landry from the grave! Bring Jimmy back! Typical delusional Cowboys fans.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'll also put Tom Herman on my wish-list.
The last time we had a Texas Longhorn named Tom 'round here....it worked out pretty damn well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not true. I don't know if he will or won't be the coach next year but the fact that he is working out his contract means nothing. He did it before, his last contract expired in 2014, didn't sign his extension until the season ended. So whether or not you like him or want him, the current status of his contract tells you nothing.

Did you read who I am responding to? He's stating it's already a done deal, Garrett will be back. Garrett got an extension because the 2014 season was viewed as a success. I am saying, it's not some sure thing he returns. If Jerry was dead set on him staying, there is no reason to wait - just extend him and get it over with.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
McCarthy took one of the top 3 greatest QBs of all time to one SB win.

Does the best sports franchise in the world really have to shop in the scrap heap? Seriously, there is enough money to hire any coach alive. JJ is getting older and wants another SB. Did anyone see JJ's new boat? No retreads off the fired heap please. Pay all the money and get the best coach.

McCarthy is the one who made him into one of the greatest, after reviving Brett Favre's career. Have some of you seen how Rodgers looked entering the league? Yeah, take a look. This was all McCarthy molding Rodgers into what we are seeing now.

Verdict

Reaction score
For what it’s worth on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas this morning Stephen Jones said Garrett is NOT on the hot seat. I don’t think Garrett is going anywhere. It’s not outside the realm of possibility, but as of now I think his job is safe.

Marinelli and Richard may get chopped though.

jsb357

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy ends up coaching Carolina or Miami.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Did you read who I am responding to? He's stating it's already a done deal, Garrett will be back. Garrett got an extension because the 2014 season was viewed as a success. I am saying, it's not some sure thing he returns. If Jerry was dead set on him staying, there is no reason to wait - just extend him and get it over with.

Ever think it is Garrett who is holding up an extension?? Maybe he wants out and just fulfilling his contract? But again, whether he is back or not, his current contract status doesn't mean anything. I personally think he will be back, assuming he wants to come back and I think he will get a 5 year extension.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ever think it is Garrett who is holding up an extension?? Maybe he wants out and just fulfilling his contract? But again, whether he is back or not, his current contract status doesn't mean anything. I personally think he will be back, assuming he wants to come back and I think he will get a 5 year extension.

LOL Garrett doesn't need to wait to leave. He can leave if he wants to. So there goes that theory.