I would hire Mike McCarthy in 2020

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Eh, assuming Garrett actually gets fired, I'm not sure McCarthy would interest Jerry all that much. He ran a west coast variant offense and 34 defense neither of which I'm figuring Jerry would want to go back to. Someone hit the nail on the head yesterday bringing up Matt Eberflus. He was well respected here by ownership, coaches and players and they wouldn't have to revamp or rebuild the defense.
I liked Eberflus too. But I think that ship has sailed. They had a chance to keep him over Rod. I would’ve kept Flus over Marinelli.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Never liked McCarthy. I always thought he was overrated but I'd take him in a minute if it got Garrett out of here.

Kalyan

Reaction score
I'm just sick and tired of how bad this team looks at the start of some of these big games. They come out flat and make some of the most STUPIDEST drive killing penalties that exist. Any coach we can get that gets this team to STOP with the stupid penalties, I'm for!
Bill Parcells used to say, you play as how you practice. If it is happening week after week, we need to question what they are doing during the week

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pass on McCarthy. Overrated coach.

Guy has had Favre and Rodgers as his QB's and has 1 title to show for it. No thanks.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are a smart fan...Riley? Why risk a good roster on a college offensive boy genius? We all saw how Chip Kelly turned out. Riley is not ready for prime time. Personally, I think Dallas needs a big time hire. Just load up for a 3 year run because all these contracts are going to have a negative impact on the roster at some point. Plus with Zeke and the OL the time is now.

Anyone but Garrett for sure. Just not Lincoln Riley.

Who would you hire? We need someone with a talent for working with Qbs or at least identifying talent.

Flamma

Reaction score
Offer Bill Cower the coaching job. Jerry Jones craps gold. He needs to give Bill an offer he can't refuse.

perrykemp

Reaction score

Guy has had Favre and Rodgers as his QB's and has 1 title to show for it. No thanks.

Favre was a dumpster fire when McCarthy took over. Packers were coming off a 4-12 season where Favre threw 29 INTs. Most everyone thought Favre was done (including Favre himself). McCarthy helped turn Favre around for what turned out to be 2 more Top 3 in MVP voting seasons.

Rodgers had all sorts of issues coming out of Cal and McCarthy spent 3 years fixing those issues.

McCarthy has lots of issues, however, I don't buy into the "He barely did anything with 2 HOF QBs arguement".

I believe McCarthy could have an Andy Reid type of rebound somewhere.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Who would you hire? We need someone with a talent for working with Qbs or at least identifying talent.

You will hate a couple of these - Saban, Meyer, and David Shaw from the college ranks. I love David Shaw and think Meyer and Saban would be great for 3/4 seasons. From the pros - I like Pettine, McDaniels, Bieniemy,, Allen or Greg Roman. I am not wedded to an offensive guy taking over because I think you can convince whoever comes in to keep Moore.

I prefer a guy from a winning program. I think Petitine and Allen could be good if given a second chance.

The one guy I would want is Josh McDaniels. Sorry I know that is controversial. I just think he is an elite OC and has learned from the GOAT.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You will hate a couple of these - Saban, Meyer, and David Shaw from the college ranks. I love David Shaw and think Meyer and Saban would be great for 3/4 seasons. From the pros - I like Pettine, McDaniels, Bieniemy,, Allen or Greg Roman. I am not wedded to an offensive guy taking over because I think you can convince whoever comes in to keep Moore.

I prefer a guy from a winning program. I think Petitine and Allen could be good if given a second chance.

The one guy I would want is Josh McDaniels. Sorry I know that is controversial. I just think he is an elite OC and has learned from the GOAT.

Think we've had enough for Detroit Lions in the organization? We've been raiding the wrong tree. If Josh McDaniels was an option, that would be outstanding. But, he turned down Indy for a reason 2 years ago. ........and that was when Andrew Luck was on board and healthy. I don't think he wants to leave NE, and he's willing to bide his time to succeed Belechek.

David Shaw has his dream job at Stanford.
Saban and Jerry could not co-exist even if Saban wanted to try the NFL again. He doesn't like the NFL game b/c he can't just go out and recruit what he needs to win. His words.

exciter

Reaction score
I liked Eberflus too. But I think that ship has sailed. They had a chance to keep him over Rod. I would’ve kept Flus over Marinelli.
One they wouldn't be bringing him back to be the DC, but as head coach. It was rumored shortly afterwards that he was offered the DC position in lieu of leaving and he declined in respect of Marrinelli. With the opinions of what the Jones have of him along with taking the 30th ranked defense in 2018 and making it borderline top 10 last year along with holding KC to 13 points this past Sunday I dont see anyway he's not a top 3 candidate and most likely the leading one!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lincoln Riley

Especially if we are gonna live and die by Dakota.
This i wholeheartedly agree with. Riley would turn Dak into a top tier QB. He already is in my eyes. But with Riley at the helm, he would look like a top 5 QB. Riley has won with multiple QBs with different skill sets and his players play for him. Question is, will he coach under JJ? I doubt it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

....he is the reason Favre played well late in his career, and he made Rodgers what he is today LOL

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
....he is the reason Favre played well late in his career, and he made Rodgers what he is today LOL

It's a reach to give him credit for Rodgers or Favres talent as players.

If anything they underchieved with those 2 guys flinging it for him.

Nobody was quick to go hire the guy either.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's a reach to give him credit for Rodgers or Favres talent as players.

If anything they underchieved with those 2 guys flinging it for him.

Nobody was quick to go hire the guy either.

This is completely nonsense. Before McCarthy got to Green Bay, Favre looked done. He was throwing INTs in near record breaking numbers - Mike McCarthy came in and worked with him for a year and they get to the championship game in 2007 and Favre had a pro-bowl season after not making it since 2003.

This is what Aaron Rodgers looked like his rookie season. The dude couldn't even hold the freakin' ball correctly, Mike McCarthy came in in 2006 and specifically worked on changing his mechanics, this is well documented. Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be who he is today if it wasn't for McCarthy.