I would not pay Micah or CeeDee

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
It seems like if you are going to pay CD or Dak then you need to pay the other one or what is the point? Micah may end up being the odd man out.

Although they could sign all 3 if they really want to. I think Micah is the biggest injury risk of the 3 and most likely would have the biggest trade value.

ghst187

Reaction score
Most of the discussion the last day has been a reaction to the Parsons interview.

If you do not think Dak is worth what he is asking from a pragmatic standpoint, I can see it.

BTW, I was not pointing fingers and certainly not at you.
Yeah I know.
I think Dak has had some pretty capable teams around him going into the playoffs and still can’t get any farther. Looked like he regressed this past year although the entire defense didn’t show up either.

dre1288

Reaction score
LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them.

This place reads like a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists.
My sentiments exactly! Some folks act like they’re paying these players! Smh

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah I know.
I think Dak has had some pretty capable teams around him going into the playoffs and still can’t get any farther. Looked like he regressed this past year although the entire defense didn’t show up either.
Sure but he is under contract this season nonetheless. Last year he looked lost with what GB was doing in the secondary. He might improve in his second year of MM's offense too.

Rock423

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
Who you replacing them with, that can guarantee production they’ve achieved?

Flamma

Reaction score
I think one of the big 3 is going to be a casualty. I don't think it's going to be Parsons. You can either pay Lamb or Dak now. Pay Parsons next year. Then what? With huge contracts like this, you stagger them. If the Cowboys want all three, they have to pay two of them in the same offseason.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
If you are correct and “you can find good to great receivers in almost any draft now” why would any team give up multiple draft choices to acquire CeeDee Lamb when they can get a good to great receiver on a rookie contract by using their draft pick on one and use the other pick they didn’t give up for Lamb to draft yet another player?
Look at every draft lately. Teams are finding receivers all over the draft board. Still have to pick correctly though as they are all not hits. I mean look at the Vikings finding another damn good receiver in Addison. Lots of examples. I just think its tough with a salary cap to give that much up to a non QB. I'm not saying they are going to find a Lamb easily but if you can have two good receivers at much less of a cost it allows you to be a deeper football team. Lamb gets hurt then what? Again that much cap space on one receiver is too much IMO.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It seems like if you are going to pay CD or Dak then you need to pay the other one or what is the point? Micah may end up being the odd man out.

Although they could sign all 3 if they really want to. I think Micah is the biggest injury risk of the 3 and most likely would have the biggest trade value.
Biggest injury risk it just seems like it's when will it happen. Those big name guys seem to get one major inquiry in their career with us.

I agree sign Lamb maybe Dak but Micah I'm doubting this and don't think he'll live up to the contract

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Or, our front office can stop being cheap and take care of their players before their price goes up.
The idea that our front office is so cheap they always overpay is a stunning level of incoherence even for this board.

CWR

Reaction score
So you got lucky with Micah and Lamb and the objective is to pray you get lucky again?
If we were letting Dak walk I'd probably strongly consider this. Without a QB you're building anyway. That's also assuming Lace ain't it.

cowboybish

Reaction score
Sorry, but I agree with the OP and have suggested the same.

Batman1980

Reaction score
LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them.

This place reads like a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists.
Nobody's trading a bundle for CeeDee or Micah since both would be a sign and trade. Just have to let them play out their contracts, accept the compensatory picks and move on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we were letting Dak walk I'd probably strongly consider this. Without a QB you're building anyway. That's also assuming Lace ain't it.
I’d consider it as well if I’m rebuilding. Because I’d rather get something for them rather than nothing.

Reactions: CWR

Flamma

Reaction score
It doesn't look like Dak is getting extended this offseason. That along with eating his cap hit this year, that's a clear sign they're letting him walk. That is unless he does something heroic this year.

I wouldn't pay a WR 35M, but I'd pay Parsons.

CWR

Reaction score
It doesn't look like Dak is getting extended this offseason. That along with eating his cap hit this year, that's a clear sign they're letting him walk. That is unless he does something heroic this year.

I wouldn't pay a WR 35M, but I'd pay Parsons.
Man I don't know. I still kinda feel like they are gonna get Dak done. Far as Parsons or CD, I trust CD more, but I want to see how Parsons does with Zimmer.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..KC let Hill walk, and won anther SB.

So there are alternatives.
Thats the point i'm trying to make. You cant afford to re-sign everyone and you have to make your best guesses a year in advance. You have to prioritize positions and come up with some kind of roster philosophy where the team is going to pay some positions and not others.

The real problem here is our front office just has no expertise or talent for selling trades or contracts. In that regard, Jerry is a shadow of the guy who convinced Hershel Walker to leave Dallas and convinced Charles Haley and Dieon Sanders to come to Dallas. I don't even think jerry has the cognitive ability anymore to follow NFL team rosters to enough depth where he could have confidence in making decisions. The joke is "we like our guys......... and they also happen to be the only ones we know.".