Ian Rapaport re: contracts for Tyron v Dez

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
With Tyron Smith’s deal, it’s nearly impossible to do Dez Bryant’s extension now. Little progress anyway. He may benefit from playing it out
1:43pm - 30 Jul 14

Hope this guy is wrong!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
There is a good chance that Dallas simply isn't going to be able to pay Dez what he and his agent will be asking for.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
There is a good chance that Dallas simply isn't going to be able to pay Dez what he and his agent will be asking for.

Can't they restructure Romo starting next season?

Dez isn't going anywhere. I don't care how much he has changed, Jerry Jones does not let offensive stars hitting their prime get away.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Can't they restructure Romo starting next season?

Dez isn't going anywhere. I don't care how much he has changed, Jerry Jones does not let offensive stars hitting their prime get away.

I suppose they could. I'm sure they can go in and do this with players like they always have. But Dez isn't going to come cheap in the least. No matter what anyone wants or thinks around here the guy is going to command an enormous contract.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Dallas should stick to it's guns. Dez is a great player but you can't ruin your cap for years to come just to make him happy to be getting paid top 5 money.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dallas should stick to it's guns. Dez is a great player but you can't ruin your cap for years to come just to make him happy to be getting paid top 5 money.

Definitely the argument to be made for exactly what you're saying here. That will be the decision Jerry Jones will have to make.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I agree with Rappaport completely. People need better reading comprehension, it doesn't mean they're going to let Dez get away.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's not saying Jerry would let Dez leave.
Dez still has a full year on his contract and jerry still has the Franchise Tag after that if needed; though I doubt he would want it to come to that.
He'd have to pay Dez a pretty hefty number (maybe 13.5/yr) if he was franchised.

JBS

Reaction score

there is zero chance dallas cant pay him what he is asking for.

whether they decide to offer him what he wants is a different argument.

and id be willing to bet that there is close to zero chance he isnt locked up

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We are on the hook for Romo for at least 3 more seasons, I believe. If we play out Dez's contract this year, we can franchise him for two more and that will effectively bring him to the window in which we can get out from under Romo's contract. I think that this might be the plan for Dez. IDK.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
there is zero chance dallas cant pay him what he is asking for.

whether they decide to offer him what he wants is a different argument.

and id be willing to bet that there is close to zero chance he isnt locked up

More you pay him, the more difficult the cap situation is, especially on defense.

RS12

Reaction score
If the FO had to make a choice, they made the right one.