Ian Rapaport re: contracts for Tyron v Dez

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
there is zero chance dallas cant pay him what he is asking for.

whether they decide to offer him what he wants is a different argument.

and id be willing to bet that there is close to zero chance he isnt locked up

Zero chance? This is not true. There is every chance that we can't pay him what he is asking for. We don't know what he is asking for so you can't just say that there is no possibility that we can do it. That, to me, is not a given.

JBS

Reaction score
Zero chance? This is not true. There is every chance that we can't pay him what he is asking for. We don't know what he is asking for so you can't just say that there is no possibility that we can do it. That, to me, is not a given.

oh, sure...lets pretend like hes asking for something that is impossible...

makes a ton of sense...his agent will propose something that isnt possible to accomplish

phildadon86

Reaction score
dez is not going anywhere. lol and it wont be difficult jerry will just back a brinks truck into bryants back yard and call it a day.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
there is zero chance dallas cant pay him what he is asking for.

whether they decide to offer him what he wants is a different argument.

and id be willing to bet that there is close to zero chance he isnt locked up

I think he will wind up staying in Dallas. I'm not saying it won't happen or can't. But I won't be shocked if his talent were to put him in a price range Dallas simply isn't willing to pay. Assuming they're not going to be handing out huge deals to everyone like they used to.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Huh? Rappoport is a bigger dufus than Sturm accuses him of being.

The deal Tyron signed makes extending Dez EASIER.
Boys had ~10m in space
Tyron used only ~2.5M of that (he already had around 3m and rose to less than 6m.)

So Dallas can sign Dez to the EXACT same deal and fit it under this cap. PLUS keep cap cushion for this season.

Now whether or not they wanna guarantee Dez 40m is a different question bit this deal by Tyron sets a precedent and makes it very possible.
Dez is at 3m in cap cost right now. He could end up at 7m in cost this year and Dallas would be fine with 3-4m to play with.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't think that our capologists can't move money around when need be to meet salary demands hasn't been paying attention the past 20 years.

JBS

Reaction score
I think he will wind up staying in Dallas. I'm not saying it won't happen or can't. But I won't be shocked if his talent were to put him in a price range Dallas simply isn't willing to pay. Assuming they're not going to be handing out huge deals to everyone like they used to.

Well, that's different than what you originally said.

And why would you make that assumption?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Huh? Rappoport is a bigger dufus than Sturm accuses him of being.

The deal Tyron signed makes extending Dez EASIER.
Boys had ~10m in space
Tyron used only ~2.5M of that (he already had around 3m and rose to less than 6m.)

So Dallas can sign Dez to the EXACT same deal and fit it under this cap. PLUS keep cap cushion for this season.

Now whether or not they wanna guarantee Dez 40m is a different question bit this deal by Tyron sets a precedent and makes it very possible.
Dez is at 3m in cap cost right now. He could end up at 7m in cost this year and Dallas would be fine with 3-4m to play with.

Dez, IMO, isn't signing for what Tyron signed for. 13 a year with 40 Guaranteed? I think Dez is looking for something in the area of 16 but I don't know for sure. I don't know that anybody does. I guess we'll see.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Yeah, but what did you say? You said that there is Zero chance that Dallas can't pay him what he wants. That's not true. His tweets, earlier in the week prove that this statement isn't true.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

If Dallas has truly moved on from large contracts like that, the type of contracts that have killed them in the past, then it's only logical to give it the thought that they'd have to at least think about not giving him that kind of money.

Now I'm of the belief that Jerry Jones hasn't changed that much and very likely he'll wind up throwing whatever is necessary at Dez to keep him.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
With Tyron Smith’s deal, it’s nearly impossible to do Dez Bryant’s extension now. Little progress anyway. He may benefit from playing it out
1:43pm - 30 Jul 14

Hope this guy is wrong!

Rap is on the same scale of idiot as Screaming A Smith. I give anything he says little to no value. He blocked Bob Sturm, whose opinion I hold in high regard, on twitter because Bob called him out for being an idiot on multiple occasions, and it was clearly evident Rap was wrong.

SoCalCowboyFan

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ith-Deal/e90a9367-a50f-42ae-9cb6-587d4bb3460f

Despite rumblings and reports that Smith’s eight-year deal worth about $98 million and $40 million guaranteed will prohibit the club from signing
Dez Bryant this year, that seems to be the furthest from the truth.

“That’s not the case at all,” Cowboys’ VP and director of player personnel Stephen Jones said Wednesday. “We can get Dez done now if we wanted to. We’re still working on getting him done.”

“We can make it happen,” Jones said. “We’re still working on it.”

pgreptom

Reaction score
This guy has zero clue as to what he is talking about.

Ding ding. Fisher said the contract was worked to give room for Dez.

I wouldn't even let Ian tell me how to tie my shoes. Wonder what Adam says.

ringmaster

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ith-Deal/e90a9367-a50f-42ae-9cb6-587d4bb3460f

Despite rumblings and reports that Smith’s eight-year deal worth about $98 million and $40 million guaranteed will prohibit the club from signing
Dez Bryant this year, that seems to be the furthest from the truth.

“That’s not the case at all,” Cowboys’ VP and director of player personnel Stephen Jones said Wednesday. “We can get Dez done now if we wanted to. We’re still working on getting him done.”

“We can make it happen,” Jones said. “We’re still working on it.”
I don't watch the NFL Network much at all as for Idiot Rapaport he's no different than Ed Werder from BSPN when it comes to breaking news and I just read some crap article written by some idiot Frank Schwab who also calls himself Shutdown Corner blast the Cowboys for signing Smith to this "ridiculous" deal and we both know for sure these same people was just blowing sunshine up the Cardinals and Patrick Peterson's butts for how great it was to extend the contract for one of their best players and the Cowboys did the same for one and theirs and it is somehow Jerry going back to his old ways for signing certain players to big contracts and Dez's extension is up next and he will get a lot of money too.

These contracts nowadays are ridiculous for any player and it today's market value if the team feels that a player is worth that type of money pay the man and Smith is on of the tops at his OT position.