Ian Rapoport: Dez now out 10-12 (pure speculation)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Different situation, the guy is already hands down the best QB in the league, a champion, an MVP, a HOFer... Romo is none of those things.

But the numbers are similar. Rodgers is an MVP in a season where his numbers weren't as good as Romo. Rodgers won a Super Bowl with a team better than Romo's.

Maybe the issue here is the media tells you what to think.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Different situation, the guy is already hands down the best QB in the league, a champion, an MVP, a HOFer... Romo is none of those things.

Rodgers isn't hands down the best in the league considering Romo was actually better last year. Green Bay was stacked in 2010 and were picked by many to win it all that year. Not like he won it by himself. Romo should've won MVP last season and with Dez making all this time when the Cowboys have one of the better records at the end of the year he damn better win it.

chris1995

Reaction score
But the numbers are similar. Rodgers is an MVP in a season where his numbers weren't as good as Romo. Rodgers won a Super Bowl with a team better than Romo's.

:espn:

perrykemp

Reaction score

I don't think this will come down to Romo at all. Both Rodgers and Romo are elite.

Where you will probably see some compare and contrast is around how to the two clubs view the importance of WR depth. The Packers emphasize WR depth over all else and therefore have more depth at WR.

Cowboys emphasize TE depth and it looks like we are going to see here over the timespan that Dez is out how that drafting theory plays out.

I'm intensely interested.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did we not win last week minus Dez? There is still going to be 11 NFL caliber players on our offense with one of the leagues top QBs calling the signals.

Against a bad defense.

We lost our identity from last year with this riff-raff RB rotation. Now we lost our alpha WR to boot.

We're only going to go so far with the Invasion of the Body Catcher as our lead wideout.

RunDMC

Reaction score
I don't think this will come down to Romo at all. Both Rodgers and Romo are elite.

Where you will probably see some compare and contrast is around how to the two clubs view the importance of WR depth. The Packers emphasize WR depth over all else and therefore have more depth at WR.

Cowboys emphasize TE depth and it looks like we are going to see here over the timespan that Dez is out how that drafting theory plays out.

Worked pretty well for New England. Not that Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola are chopped liver because they aren't, but they are not true #1's. Terrance Williams is more of a true 1 then them.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Other than some random source has an extended timetable actually been confirmed or did someone walk into a doctors office, ask what worse case scenario would be for this type of injury and then just call it a source?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I call BS on that.

If you walked up to the average Joe NFL fan and told them Romo was on Rodgers level as a QB, they'd laugh at you. Because they've been pre-conditioned to think otherwise. So when/if the Cowboys fail this year it won't be looked at as a failure to build around Romo. It will be that choke artist Tony Romo again.

Quick trivia question - How many Super Bowls and MVP awards would Aaron Rodgers have won if he played for the Cowboys all these years? The answer is a grand total of zero.

Rodgers stole the MVP last year. In a landslide too. He's the league media darling. He's the LMD. Romo was the MVP. Check. The. Numbers.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I call BS on that.

If you walked up to the average Joe NFL fan and told them Romo was on Rodgers level as a QB, they'd laugh at you. Because they've been pre-conditioned to think otherwise. So when/if the Cowboys fail this year it won't be looked at as a failure to build around Romo. It will be that choke artist Tony Romo again.

Quick trivia question - How many Super Bowls and MVP awards would Aaron Rodgers have won if he played for the Cowboys all these years? The answer is a grand total of zero.

Rodgers stole the MVP last year. In a landslide too. He's the league media darling. He's the LMD. Romo was the MVP. Check. The. Numbers.

What are you calling BS on exactly?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Against a bad defense.

We lost our identity from last year with this riff-raff RB rotation. Now we lost our alpha WR to boot.

We're only going to go so far with the Invasion of the Body Catcher as our lead wideout.

I'm officially worried. This will place even greater eyes on our riff raff RB crew. The spotlight will be shining brightly for several weeks.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Against a bad defense.

Eh, I was never happy about letting Murray walk but I doubt we will have no running game with our O line. We still have weapons and we still have
a top 5 QB. I'm not tanking the season on a WR. Dez made it easier for our offense, he wasn't our offense.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I call BS on that.

:hammer:

RunDMC

Reaction score
Against a bad defense.

Yet and still we have an elite offensive line arguably the best in the league. Argurably the best quarterback in the league. Terrance and Cole are no slouches and we've seen teams with worse 1 and 2 wideouts win championships. A defense that played great last week and will only get better especially when they get some key starters back in a few weeks.

Most teams would take that and be able to win why can't we?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Well.... The past couple of years we've seen some solid WR draft prospects.

Instead of capitalizing on it, we have Devin Street to show for it. We will find our pretty quickly what we have. And most likely, paying the piper for it.

Not reading through all of these pages. Is it safe to assume sbk and boozeman are predicting apocalyptic type of losses until Dez is back?