If All 53 Had This Attitude, Look out...(Tashard Choice Post Game)

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there because the thought crossed my mind today. I'm not saying I would be for it but would anyone be for trading Barber if we could get a 1st rounder for him and go with Choice and Felix. I'm a huge Barber fan but I have to admit him sitting with a pinkie toe boo-boo shocked and disappointed me and thats probably why this thought popped in my head. I don't think I'd do it but Choice's performance sure makes it a more interesting thought.

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2475419 said:
Choice is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. He did more than what could have been expected of him in Pittsburgh. He would have gained over 100 on the ground if our offense didn't go into a shell at the end of the game.

I also don't remember him missing a single blitz pickup. He looked good on those short passes also.

Great draft pick. I love this kid!

To me besides his athletic ability, the blitz pickups were the most impressive part of his game considering he's a rookie. That's great preparation on his behalf, a great sign of maturity and understanding the significance of attention to detail.

Reaction score
Cowboys22;2475421 said:
Just throwing this out there because the thought crossed my mind today. I'm not saying I would be for it but would anyone be for trading Barber if we could get a 1st rounder for him and go with Choice and Felix. I'm a huge Barber fan but I have to admit him sitting with a pinkie toe boo-boo shocked and disappointed me and thats probably why this thought popped in my head. I don't think I'd do it but Choice's performance sure makes it a more interesting thought.

I wouldn't get rid of MBIII because he's a leader... If you'd read Mickey Spagnola's report, the problem was Barber was compensating for the toe injury and that caused a pretty significant calf injury to occur.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2475441 said:
To me besides his athletic ability, the blitz pickups were the most impressive part of his game considering he's a rookie. That's great preparation on his behalf, a great sign of maturity and understanding the significance of attention to detail.

very well said!!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2475441 said:

I agree completely. I read a blog post that said he was going to spend last Friday night at Barber's house to study the playbook and some film. Most other rookies would probably be out partying. This shows right away that he's focused on the details.

This kid is a breath of fresh air. He reminds me more and more of Emmitt when I watch him.

He may not be the most physically gifted rookie back in this year's class, but sometimes players can make up for what they lack physically by focusing on mental preparation and getting the little things right.

I'm excited about our RB situation...and this kid needs more carries.

newlander

Reaction score
Great, accurate posts. I don't think the guy missed one blitz pickup: incredible really. Just tough, hard nosed running between the tackles too. Kid is nails by the looks of it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys5;2475351 said:
t.o needs to watch this
And inspire him to do another NFL Network/Deion Sanders type interview to put the spotlight back on himself? I disagree. Hopefully, he never paid attention to Choice's interview and never will.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Now that is a Cowboy. I hope the players and the fans follow that lead.

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2475473 said:
I agree completely. I read a blog post that said he was going to spend last Friday night at Barber's house to study the playbook and some film. Most other rookies would probably be out partying. This shows right away that he's focused on the details.

This kid is a breath of fresh air. He reminds me more and more of Emmitt when I watch him.

He may not be the most physically gifted rookie back in this year's class, but sometimes players can make up for what they lack physically by focusing on mental preparation and getting the little things right.

I'm excited about our RB situation...and this kid needs more carries.

EXACTLY!!! That's what made Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton Hall of Famers, I'm not saying Choice is on his way but you've gotta love his work ethic!

Reaction score
Hostile;2475493 said:
Now that is a Cowboy. I hope the players and the fans follow that lead.

Amen! Give everything you have, regardless of what profession you're in. (well not all professions :laugh2:)

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2475495 said:
EXACTLY!!! That's what made Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton Hall of Famers, I'm not saying Choice is on his way but you've gotta love his work ethic!

the main thing that impressed me about him yesterday was the fact it was his first nfl start against one of the best defenses in the league.

he was not rattled or scared.

he was like ..." i got this ****."

"let's go!!!"

Reaction score
lane;2475523 said:
the main thing that impressed me about him yesterday was the fact it was his first nfl start against one of the best defenses in the league.

he was not rattled or scared.

he was like ..." i got this ****."

"let's go!!!"

Yes sir!! Got me hype, old school player mentality, gotta love it!!!!

locked&loaded

Reaction score
you guys sicken me, everyone on that field wanted to win. People praise this but not TO? Just because the camera was on him when he was yelling doesnt mean other people werent. No one knows what he was yelling about, if it was about him wanting the ball. I SURE HOPE IT WAS, I WANT OUR PLAYERS TO WANT THE BALL. when the coach or qb looks up and says can you make the play and you just shrug. thats bs,.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2475495 said:

I usually take losses like yesterday a bit hard, but I almost had a chuckle this morning when I thought about how we went toe to toe with the big bad Pittsburgh Steelers with a laundry list of injuries, and a rookie running back making his first start. A rookie back that was almost at 100 yards rushing...which would have been a first for ANY back this year against that big bad defense of the Steelers. A rookie back that seemed to be money on his blitz pickups.

Our defense even looked like a mirror image of their defense for about 53 minutes.

For these reasons, I wasn't as upset as I would normally be. Also, in Decembers past, this team would have gotten blown out yesterday.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Wow! That kid oozes character. I had no idea he was this mature. He's like the antithesis of a modern NFL player. I liked when he said that he knew he would have a good day because that's the way he prepares.

I'm totally geeked out about our potential running game next year. If we can get our o-line healthy again - maybe start getting some solid backups - I can't think of another team with the all-around talent we'd have. Can you imagine?

QB - Pro-Bowler
WR - Pro-Bowler (and maybe another in time)
TE - Pro-Bowler (and maybe another in time)
RB - Pro-Bowler (and Felix and Choice - who knows?)
OL - Two Pro-Bowlers, maybe three?

That's insane! I have to say though (most recent game excluded) that our defense is laden with top picks and ought to be doing a little better. I know we've been crushed by injuries though.

Reaction score
locked&loaded;2475532 said:
you guys sicken me, everyone on that field wanted to win. People praise this but not TO? Just because the camera was on him when he was yelling doesnt mean other people werent. No one knows what he was yelling about, if it was about him wanting the ball. I SURE HOPE IT WAS, I WANT OUR PLAYERS TO WANT THE BALL. when the coach or qb looks up and says can you make the play and you just shrug. thats bs,.

Is that the best you really can do to defend T.O. I'm a 81 fan but the reality is he's the not the best teammate in the world or the best route runner and will give up on routes if he feels the ball isn't coming his direction.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Great attitude, outlook, and work ethic. I like this kid..