If All 53 Had This Attitude, Look out...(Tashard Choice Post Game)

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2475536 said:
I usually take losses like yesterday a bit hard, but I almost had a chuckle this morning when I thought about how we went toe to toe with the big bad Pittsburgh Steelers with a laundry list of injuries, and a rookie running back making his first start. A rookie back that was almost at 100 yards rushing...which would have been a first for ANY back this year against that big bad defense of the Steelers. A rookie back that seemed to be money on his blitz pickups.

Our defense even looked like a mirror image of their defense for about 53 minutes.

For these reasons, I wasn't as upset as I would normally be. Also, in Decembers past, this team would have gotten blown out yesterday.

You know I was thinking the same thing this morning at work in my office, I was reflecting on the tough game and I actually came away thinking IF they play hard like that rest of the season they'll win all 3 of those games.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
locked&loaded;2475532 said:
you guys sicken me, everyone on that field wanted to win. People praise this but not TO? Just because the camera was on him when he was yelling doesnt mean other people werent. No one knows what he was yelling about, if it was about him wanting the ball. I SURE HOPE IT WAS, I WANT OUR PLAYERS TO WANT THE BALL. when the coach or qb looks up and says can you make the play and you just shrug. thats bs,.
Far be it from me to leave a guy hanging.

toilet-llqq-001.jpg

Puke away.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
you guys sicken me, everyone on that field wanted to win. People praise this but not TO? Just because the camera was on him when he was yelling doesnt mean other people werent. No one knows what he was yelling about, if it was about him wanting the ball. I SURE HOPE IT WAS, I WANT OUR PLAYERS TO WANT THE BALL. when the coach or qb looks up and says can you make the play and you just shrug. thats bs,.

this is a great thread about tashard choice.

what guys make you sick?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Owens is a 13-year veteran.

He's had injuries which have caused him to miss games, but he has played in a LOT of games over the years.

Question for the forum.

During all those many, many televised games, can anyone recall how often someone... ANYONE... on San Francisco's or Philadelphia's or Dallas' sidelines acting remotely like Terrell Owens? Granted, the networks focus their cameras A LOT on Owens every game, but they don't focus their cameras on Owens for the entire 60 minutes each game... right?

Anyone?

Anyone with video or video links of another player in a 49er, Eagle or Cowboys jersey, either on or off the field, will get bonus points.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2475549 said:
Is that the best you really can do to defend T.O. I'm a 81 fan but the reality is he's the not the best teammate in the world or the best route runner and will give up on routes if he feels the ball isn't coming his direction.

I love TO's attitude, and everyone on the team should. They should look to him and say, this guys pissed. This guy wants the ball in crunch time and wants to make a play. If the its win or lose in the end of the game and you need someone to come through; you look them straight in the eye and say "can you make a play for me?" Owens wont hesitate to say yes, some may just shrug. TO is a gamer. Choice played good, for a rookie first start great maybe but put the anoiting oil away. I sware with how people seem to talk about TO its like they never played a down of football in there life.

Reaction score
Hostile;2475568 said:
Far be it from me to leave a guy hanging.

toilet-llqq-001.jpg

Puke away.

:lmao2: Awesome! I think he should have a golden toilet because that was some royal B.S. he posted... :laugh2:

locked&loaded

Reaction score
DallasEast;2475573 said:

He's had injuries which have caused him to miss games, but he has played in a LOT of games over the years.

Question for the forum.

During all those many, many televised games, can anyone recall how often someone... ANYONE... on San Francisco's or Philadelphia's or Dallas' sidelines acting remotely like Terrell Owens? Granted, the networks focus their cameras A LOT on Owens every game, but they don't focus their cameras on Owens for the entire 60 minutes each game... right?

Anyone?

Anyone with video or video links of another player in a 49er, Eagle or Cowboys jersey, either on or off the field, will get bonus points.

Honestly? You dont think anyone else showed emotion when that ball was incomplete? hell i yelled at home, and im not on the team im just a fan. If the players werent mad and upset they shouldnt be on the team. TO is a fierce competitor. He believes hes better than everyone and week in and week out he goes to prove it.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
DallasEast;2475573 said:

Question for the forum.

Anyone?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I remember in 1997 when we played against the Bengals, Irvin and Aikman got into it on the sideline, and the camera showed them ignoring each other on the sideline. Irvin was animated for some time before that, and Aikman was in his face. We finished 6-10 that year, and that was the final game of the season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
locked&loaded;2475593 said:
Honestly? You dont think anyone else showed emotion when that ball was incomplete? hell i yelled at home, and im not on the team im just a fan. If the players werent mad and upset they shouldnt be on the team. TO is a fierce competitor. He believes hes better than everyone and week in and week out he goes to prove it.
Telepathy isn't an option. Sorry.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
landryscorner;2475404 said:
nah choice is screwed remember Wade don't trust him enough...

yah we need more players like him on our team though, not spoiled by the glitz and glam yet...

honest and working hard for every buck he can...can't say that about some cowboys tho....

Choice himself said on the video that the coaches trust him. The rb that you may be refering to is Coleman. "He's a possibility," Phillips said. "He didn't play as well in preseason as we would have liked and that probably held him back some, and he hasn't played a lot of special teams."

Could you post a source where wade said he doesn't trust choice. I may have missed it if he said it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
cowboys4life;2475349 said:
He has a genuine look of hurt on his face...this guy is gonna be great.

He won't be "great"

But that is fine - he's going to be a great role model and leader. 2nd or 3rd string back? He'll be good with that and an asset on ST and the locker room.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Hostile;2475601 said:
Are your arms broken or your hands? Lift the lid and yack. It isn't rocket science.

one would think if you bring me a toilet the least you could do is open the lid. Maybe bring me some white soda; the whole things seems kind of half assed to me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
locked&loaded;2475612 said:
one would think if you bring me a toilet the least you could do is open the lid. Maybe bring me some white soda; the whole things seems kind of half assed to me.
No, pretty much you're on your own when it comes to yacking. I'll pray you don't break a rib.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don Corleone;2475599 said:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I remember in 1997 when we played against the Bengals, Irvin and Aikman got into it on the sideline, and the camera showed them ignoring each other on the sideline. Irvin was animated for some time before that, and Aikman was in his face. We finished 6-10 that year, and that was the final game of the season.
You're not hijacking the thread. That's a valid observation of an on air event which happened, but it was insinuated that Owens has been played in a bad light on camera because the cameras are focused on him alot during games. I'm looking for examples of it happening during a game which Owens has played in since he seemingly dominates all camera coverage.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Some players are going to yell occasionally. Most aren't going to do it that often. Some just do. Irvin did it but I'm not certain he was always in someone's face when and if. Owens is often in someone's face. That could cause a problem but I doubt it will last long.

I'm more worried about STs, injuries, the Giants, and turnovers than I am about their feelings. They can deal with it.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
DallasEast;2475627 said:
You're not hijacking the thread. That's a valid observation of an on air event which happened, but it was insinuated that Owens has been played in a bad light on camera because the cameras are focused on him alot during games. I'm looking for examples of it happening during a game which Owens has played in since he seemingly dominates all camera coverage.

Well, Irvin used to get the camera on him a lot also, and he was much more competitive and firey than Owens IMO. I'm going to look for a youtube vid of Aikman and Irvin in that 1997 game vs. the Bengals. I honestly thought they were going to get into a fist fight on the sideline.